Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Seems to be bothering you

maybe it's you. who's upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

He gave it 5/5 golden manbabies what's the problem

Yeah you can't get any higher than that

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Actually I guess it's not rare at all, looking on PlayAsia there's like three or four other robot games in the Asia English stuff now. So I actually should probably try to figure out which one is better :effort:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Looks like you've got some strong feelings about this. Perhaps you are the mad one

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Lotta caremad itt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My butthole is fully hurt.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Haha, you care about things

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah... i "care"

Celes
Aerith
Rikku
Eldena

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dang, I forgot about Eldena and had to look that one up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

My butthole is fully hurt.

Think twice about messing with the creators of the vaunted killzone franchise next time

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wish Microsoft would hurry up and announce the Scorpio's specs.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I wish Microsoft would hurry up and announce the Scorpio's specs.

God help them if they use the wrong kind of ram again...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

yeah... i "care"

Celes
Aerith
Rikku
Eldena

Who the gently caress is Eldena?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My pad tried to autocorrect that to 'whom' and I've no idea if it was right or not....

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Dang, I forgot about Eldena and had to look that one up

I prefer Lini

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Who the gently caress is Eldena?

Random viera from ffta2, presumably chosen because there aren't a lot of ladies with E in FF not named Edea.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Who" if it's the subject, "whom" if it's the object

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Edea from FFVIII is the only e ff character I can think of

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Elena the Turk?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
pour one out for eiko...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

eldena and aeris were the only ones i didn't have to look up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Random viera from ffta2, presumably chosen because there aren't a lot of ladies with E in FF not named Edea.

Eclair lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody can start their name with an E since you name most of the characters

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I distinctly remember my first game of FFVI was with the main character named Bedda because I was a dumb kid and hit the confirm button on a bunch of letters and then when I went to delete and start over it took that as her name.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
One of my favorite kinds of game endings are ones that take you back to your starting area only with the knowledge and experience you've gained over the course of the game it's a radically different experience.

One of my least favorite kind of game endings are ones that are not only points of no return but actively erase all of your progress with no warning or way of accessing an old save game.

Completely unrelated to those two statements, I don't know how I feel about the ending of The Witness.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Guy Mann posted:

One of my favorite kinds of game endings are ones that take you back to your starting area only with the knowledge and experience you've gained over the course of the game it's a radically different experience.

One of my least favorite kind of game endings are ones that are not only points of no return but actively erase all of your progress with no warning or way of accessing an old save game.

Completely unrelated to those two statements, I don't know how I feel about the ending of The Witness.

It's just cribbing + ripping off the ending to Riven.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

one of the shmup games, Gradius or R-Type, has a game in the series with an alternate ending exactly like that. You go back in time to the first level with your souped up megaship and wreck the alien forces before they lay waste to the planet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds like R-Type Final, that had a bunch seriously weird poo poo in it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Gradius V loops have you go back in time, R-type final is the one where the last stage is a silhouette of two people loving on a red background.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CrashCat posted:

Actually I guess it's not rare at all, looking on PlayAsia there's like three or four other robot games in the Asia English stuff now. So I actually should probably try to figure out which one is better :effort:

tbf it started happening relatively recently and the last Asian English SRW (OG Moon Dwellers) was functional but stilted

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Phantasium posted:

Gradius V loops have you go back in time, R-type final is the one where the last stage is a silhouette of two people loving on a red background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5zItGCI4E

You'd need a heck of an imagination to get much out of it, although you could maybe say the position at 5:50 is the sex number position (69).

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So I'm at work, what is Horizon Zero Dawn and why should I care about it

All I know is the devs are the Killzone guys but I never played those games so that's kinda meaningless to me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there's robot animals you hunt with a bow and arrow

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

So I'm at work, what is Horizon Zero Dawn and why should I care about it

All I know is the devs are the Killzone guys but I never played those games so that's kinda meaningless to me

It is Far Cry except you're like 1000 years in the future and society has collapsed and there are robot dinosaurs everywhere.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Harrow posted:

It is Far Cry except you're like 1000 years in the future and society has collapsed and there are robot dinosaurs everywhere.

Never played a Far Cry either, man I'm just batting a fuckin' thousand today aren't I

just gonna have to look it up tonight i guess

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Ciaphas posted:

It means it'll be a goddamn miracle if it's any good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Never played a Far Cry either, man I'm just batting a fuckin' thousand today aren't I

just gonna have to look it up tonight i guess

Okay, better explanation then:

It's an open world action game with light RPG elements. The setting is like 1000 years in the future and humans live in tribal societies among the overgrown ruins of a futuristic world. There are robot dinosaurs that you hunt for their parts and they look pretty cool. You fight mostly with a bow and arrow and traps, but you also have a spear. Ultimately the structure of it is what worries me--it has the danger of feeling like an Ubisoft open world, where it's all just a checklist of busywork you do between story missions--but if the side quests are good and the combat is fun, it'll probably be a decent time.

It also does look really pretty.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

LawfulWaffle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj5zItGCI4E

You'd need a heck of an imagination to get much out of it, although you could maybe say the position at 5:50 is the sex number position (69).

I love the music in that stage. There was also another alternate last stage where you turned into one of the Bydo and the last boss was a bunch of other R-9 ships, Final was weeeeeird but great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Everyone should play Philosoma. It's not a terribly great shmup but it's got a neat horror story slant and the JP only sequel was straight up a survival horror game.

Also scored by the guy who did Shadow of the Colossus.

• Locked thread