Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

weed is a multi billion dollar industry now, but lets just go ahead and destroy it

MAGA

Make All Ganja Actionable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

weed is a multi billion dollar industry now, but lets just go ahead and destroy it

america has become pretty good at hitting ourselves in the balls with a rubber hammer and thinking it will help

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

tenderjerk posted:

What do republicans have to benefit from limiting the breads and circuses?

The vicious emotional thrill of hurting others.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

quote:

Sen. Sylvia Allen, R-Snowflake, said the new criminal laws are necessary.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

like literally everywhere else in this country, its fine as long as you stick to the cities

welp that explains my experience thus far

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
it makes me a little happy that people who vote blindly republican for lower taxes got a guy who can't seem to handle literally more than one thing at a time.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

but what about WEED JOBS

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Come and get it motherfuckers - WA

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

i stood by him, unwavering, but my god, the madman Trupkm has gone too far this time!!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

my two bare minimum wishes were no holocaust and no nuclear war

well

Serf
May 5, 2011

shits about to get extremely fuckin dumb

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

shiksa posted:

it makes me a little happy that people who vote blindly republican for lower taxes got a guy who can't seem to handle literally more than one thing at a time.

you would think a president would have this poo poo figured out ahead of toime. what are you doing about taxes? i dunno, i havent looked yet.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

quadrophrenic posted:

people are just walking all over spicy today and it's cool

Yeah. The past couple I've seen have been tame, but today's presser is very spicy.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Come and get it motherfuckers - WA

molon vape

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

I always thought the two things that would get the tormp rubes up in arms would be this and net neutrality. What do republicans have to benefit from limiting the breads and circuses?

Pharma spends more fighting legal weed than the NRA does on everything combined

A big part of that is buying politicians

Trump voters don't give a poo poo about get neutrality

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i mean yeah people who base their identity solely on smoking a plant are insufferable

but (embarrassingly) Them coming after weed is one of the few things that could get my depressed rear end politically active

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

shiksa posted:

I'm not seeing much evidence he can even handle one thing at a time.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

quadrophrenic posted:

people are just walking all over spicy today and it's cool

some days he gets knocked back on his heels and they go in for the kill like a pack of dingos; other days they just kind of play patty-cake.

today there's a bit of blood in the water. not much tho

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

murked by dragon posted:

i stood by him, unwavering, but my god, the madman Trupkm has gone too far this time!!

gonna lol if trump causes the west coast to secede

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

good job libertarians, you had one issue that you actually cared about and even hosed that one up.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Serf posted:

shits about to get extremely fuckin dumb

Are you just quoting yourself from November 8, 2016?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
But when will the White House talk about vaper rights?! - Grover Norquist, probably

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Captain_Maclaine posted:

well, yeah, i guess i should have said "attempting to handle one thing at a time"

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/834852609798262784

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

She framed it as "well first of all, the program is called SNAP the *transitions to talking-to-impared-kindergarteners tempo and diction* ~*Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program*~, and it's just common sense that taxpayers shouldn't fund things that aren't appropriately nutritional. We've got an obesity epidemic in Maine, so it's clear we have to get the poors off of soda and candy. No, of course we shouldn't consider any sort of sin tax scheme that might impact people who have money."

Just frame it as being bad business for Moxie sales and they'll stop pushing it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
tormp is going to keep saying "we're gonna fix obamacare and make it big and beautiful" and do absolutely loving nothing while congress wails and gnashes its teeth and its going to be hilarious

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Every blue state with legal weed should announce that lost revenue as a result of federal tyranny will be compensated initially from police pensions, to ensure they don't collaborate

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

idk he seems to handle ivanka pretty well

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

but what about WEED JOBS

not manufacturing, doesnt count

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

tenderjerk posted:

I always thought the two things that would get the tormp rubes up in arms would be this and net neutrality. What do republicans have to benefit from limiting the breads and circuses?

because gently caress you liberals

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sorry about your weed

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tenderjerk posted:

"lol libs so salty"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

sorry about your weed

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

euphronius posted:

sorry about your weed jobs

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I don't even smoke almost at all anymore personally but I still have such love for the devils cabbage that I would fight for it to be as legal as it possibly can in my state if not across the nation. I wish America would replace alcohol with it across the board.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm a weed and video games voter.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wouldn't assume that the gently caress u libs voted would side with big pharma over legal weed

It's not just a liberal issue anymore

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

shiksa posted:

also the guy they voted for wants to raise taxes on imported consumer goods by 20%

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

WarEternal posted:

Just frame it as being bad business for Moxie sales and they'll stop pushing it.

Something being an objectively bad idea with potentially disastrous impacts has never stopped LePage's administration so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

spicy is getting good at not answering questions and immediately going to another reporter

• Locked thread