Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
They made the beams come out of his hands so they didn't have to make any new power animations, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not any less than having them come out of his head.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They should've just not done any animations at all, there's a sort of barely audible whisper and then fat Maggia man flies off screen. Fits the gaz MO of maximum lazy shittery, too.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I was so excited and happy to finally get a cosmic UEB just now. Then Azrael pointed out what's happening to it tomorrow. Figures I'd get it just a few hours before it becomes worse than Cargill's.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

quick, log the first sub-4min taskmaster ttk before the patch!

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I already posted a 3:48 for him awhile back and have him in the 3:20's since then...sigh...

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Lozareth posted:

I was so excited and happy to finally get a cosmic UEB just now. Then Azrael pointed out what's happening to it tomorrow. Figures I'd get it just a few hours before it becomes worse than Cargill's.

What's happening to it?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, and I don't really blame them for taking a little license considering how difficult it must be to design a character with no voice that doesn't need to gesture to use his powers for an action rpg.

Black Bolt should've been a 2000-day login reward or something. His normal powers would be signature level, his sig would hit like and ult and his ult would straight crash the instance.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

malhavok posted:

What's happening to it?

+all going down to 1-2

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

Looks like Captain Marvel and Cyke plumped out a bit. I mean wasn't Cyke's nickname Slim?

Now it's Slim because he has 0% bodyfat.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MMAgCh posted:

Upcoming VUs. Not this week, though.

Isn't this the costume you can't actually get anymore?

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Saint Freak posted:

Isn't this the costume you can't actually get anymore?

Pretty sure you can buy it for 450 gaz bucks

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah they just swapped it with the Captain Marvel one. So it's for sale instead of the default now.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Overminty posted:

+all going down to 1-2

Which, given the other affixes and the change to summon damage, makes it a rarer Cargill. It sucks.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

The basic game Captain Marvel looks like she has big saggy tits and no bra, all squeezed into a slightly too small uniform.... not sure if i should be complaining or reaching for the tissues. :stonklol:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Do we have all the team up heroes from the AP pack deluxe?

Advance Pack 3 - Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) Team-Up

Advance Pack 3 - Spider-Man (Miles Morales) Team-Up

Advance Pack 3 - TBA Team-Up 1(Jubilee)

Advance Pack 3 - TBA Team-Up 2(???)

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Medusa is releasing as a team up alongside Blackagar Boltagon I think

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

Advance Pack 3 - TBA Team-Up 2(???)

Isn't that one Medusa, coming with Black Bolt tomorrow?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

McSpanky posted:

Now it's Slim because he has 0% bodyfat.

Jim Lee version

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Wait, marvel doesn't let them do X-Men stuff?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel doesn't allow X-Men and related characters in video games anymore. Except Deadpool. But if they already had a contract from back when they were, it's okay. That's mostly just MH now, but Avengers Alliance on Facebook used to have X-Men. But since Marvel still needs to approve every character and costume Gaz adds, if they want to keep blocking them even with that contract they can.

They used to not even allow merchandise but they've opened up on that. There's still no X-Men stuff at Disney stores or parks or anything, but other companies have been allowed to make figures and statues and stuff.

It all applies to the Fantastic Four too. Spider-Man merchandise never went anywhere even before the Sony cooperation though because he's worth way too much to Marvel.

There were hints the new X-Men comic stuff was going to result in getting them back into games but nothing came of it so far. The actual X-Men resurgence event only starts in a couple of months so it's possible they'll tie that in.

The 'get in trouble' thing they're referencing is that when Fantastic Four came out Gaz did the lowest effort of events for it. It was like a sale and server side XP boost for the F4 cast. Marvel still got mad at them about it.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 23, 2017

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Ah, thanks.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
The line of thinking is if people buy the merchandise and play the video games they will see the movies. And they don't want the movies to do good. Less brand recognition the better and then they can buy the rights back to their studio and make movies(i assume).

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Overminty posted:

+all going down to 1-2

Hahaha, gently caress that. Glad all i got from my week of farming was a cosmic ILAS.

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Everyone gets a Doomsaw today, but it's an artifact and not a slot 1 unique this time! Brutal Damage instead of Brutal Strike rating.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

ransome posted:

Everyone gets a Doomsaw today, but it's an artifact and not a slot 1 unique this time! Brutal Damage instead of Brutal Strike rating.

All the auto brut guys might get some use out of it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just like that scene in the comics where Angela runs around dual-wielding chainsaws

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

new options box for you to check. options > gameplay

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aaaand Gaz :gaz:'d Cosmic Artifact Affixes.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

malhavok posted:

All the auto brut guys might get some use out of it.
Might stick that on Daredevil! Except I don't think his radar ping bug has been fixed (still), so… :geno:

ransome posted:

new options box for you to check. options > gameplay
Hasn't that been in there for a long time?

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

MMAgCh posted:

Hasn't that been in there for a long time?

If it was, it was unchecked for everyone from this patch.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Slot 1-5 Item Changes
With this patch we’ve updated the Common through Cosmic tier versions of slot 1-5 items to roll with new properties:
  • Slot 1 and 5 items for all heroes now roll with Damage Rating as a built-in affix, and slots 2 / 3 / 4 now roll with Health as a built-in affix. These stats do not have roll ranges - they have fixed values based on their Item Level.
  • Common (white) tier items do not roll with any additional affixes, however use the new fixed scaling based on Item Grade.
  • Uncommon (green) tier slot 1-4 items roll with a common random affix, just as before this patch. Slot 5 rolls with a proc effect from a new pool for slot 1-5 items, similar to procs on other items such as Uniques.
  • Rare (blue) tier slot 1-4 items roll with 2 common random affixes. Slot 5 items of this rarity roll with one common random affix and a proc effect.
  • Epic (purple) tier slot 1-4 items also roll with 2 common random affixes, however their roll range is higher than the Rare tier. Slot 5 Epic items roll with one stronger common affix and a proc effect.
  • Cosmic (yellow) tier slot 1, 2, and 4 items will spawn with 3 common affixes of similar quality to Epic rarity items. Slots 3 and 5 roll with a 2 common affixes of similar quality to Epic and a proc effect.

Item Grade Drop Chance
With this patch, when playing in Heroic or Cosmic difficulty, slot 1-5 items (including Uniques) will now have a chance to drop at improved Item Grades:
  • Heroic Difficulty - Slot 1-5 items have a chance to drop at Item Grade 66
  • Cosmic Difficulty - Slot 1-5 items have a chance to drop at Item Grade 66 or 69

Unique Item Changes
  • Black Panther's Wakandan Ceremonial Necklace - proc has been changed to a Fighting bonus.
  • Colossus' Bands of Cyttorak - proc has been changed from Fighting & Speed to Durability & Strength. Additionally, the Armor cost reduction has been changed to Movement Speed increase on Area Powers.
  • Sinister's Bioengineered Cuirass - Intelligence affix changed to Critical Damage Rating.
  • Octobot Controller - Intelligence affix changed to Critical Damage Rating and Summon Damage Rating.
  • Cerebra Helmet Interface - part of the Intelligence affix changed to Critical Damage Rating and Summon Damage Rating.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drop Changes
S.H.I.E.L.D. Supply Drop crates can now award some new items:
  • Specific Challenge Bonus tokens
  • Cosmic Fragments
  • Unique Medallions
  • Event-specific Items

In addition, we’ve lowered chance of receiving Ring slot items, and lowered the chance to receive Eternity Splinters but increased the number of Eternity Splinters received to 10 when they are awarded. Increased the chance to receive stacks of Relics, and Relics will now always drop in multiples of 5.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

ransome posted:

If it was, it was unchecked for everyone from this patch.
Oh, right. Gaz gon' gaz.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kheldarn posted:

Aaaand Gaz :gaz:'d Cosmic Artifact Affixes.
I was wondering if I was misremembering my Spirit as being 150 lower than it was today, this makes sense.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009
RIP Juggernaut. Elbow now only does 61% damage of what it used to. This better be an oversight (that probably won't get fixed for another few patches) because doing this deliberately is more gaz than even gaz can be.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

DarciisFyer posted:

RIP Juggernaut. Elbow now only does 61% damage of what it used to. This better be an oversight (that probably won't get fixed for another few patches) because doing this deliberately is more gaz than even gaz can be.

If it's on the list in the patch notes, it's deliberate.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Historically speaking :gaz: doesn't really have any metrics for balance outside of reading the TTK thread so I encourage pessimism

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
They've also changed the +4 on that ultron artifact to +2.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

malhavok posted:

What's happening to it?

Overminty posted:

+all going down to 1-2

AzraelNewtype posted:

Which, given the other affixes and the change to summon damage, makes it a rarer Cargill. It sucks.

Giedroyc posted:

They've also changed the +4 on that ultron artifact to +2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I really don't understand the whole spirit = armor mechanic they added to iceman (previously on psylocke and emma), it does absolutely nothing. Even gearing for spirit, which would be absolutely dumb since it does nothing else, it's completely gone in one hit. It needs to multiply all spirit by 10 to even be noticeable and even then it would still be poo poo. A 900 dmg shield in cosmic anything is utterly pointless.