Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Double Monocle posted:

This is called balance.

It is if the Orochi hits 25% less side attacks against that character in the hands of an equally skilled player in a real fight.

Like, you can do these "tests" all day - each of you picks a specific move and spams it at each other - and sometimes the guy with less health will win due to better startup or other factors. What does that prove?

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone on PS4 and playing with FiOS? Keeps saying I'm behind a NAT but I have my PS4 set to the DMZ port, so...

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Double Monocle posted:

Fun balance facts-

An orochi and a lawbringer walk up to eachother.
Lawbringer is the highest HP (fatty has 10 more but also takes bonus damage).
Orochi has the lowest.

Both characters will hit eachother with a single light attack at the same time untill one is dead.

The orochi will win this duel. With roughly 25% of his HP left.

This is called balance.

This games balance is super smash Bros melee,but the assassin's are the space furries, warden is Marth, and everyone else is Yoshi.

Warlord is good and Nobushi and Kensei seem fine.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Double Monocle posted:

Fun balance facts-

An orochi and a lawbringer walk up to eachother.
Lawbringer is the highest HP (fatty has 10 more but also takes bonus damage).
Orochi has the lowest.

Both characters will hit eachother with a single light attack at the same time untill one is dead.

The orochi will win this duel. With roughly 25% of his HP left.

This is called balance.

This games balance is super smash Bros melee,but the assassin's are the space furries, warden is Marth, and everyone else is Yoshi.

a scenario which will literally never happen in practice doesn't seem like the best testcase

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

The Iron Rose posted:

a scenario which will literally never happen in practice doesn't seem like the best testcase

Yeah, the idea that the lawbringer would ever hit the orochi is hilarious

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This game is well balanced. I've destroyed Orochis and got my teeth kicked in by Orochis. I've caught unblockable guard break attacks because I walked into them. I've spammed people down with the Berserker's side step attack and have had my side step attack completely shut down by competent Lawbringers and Conquerers.

It really is a git gud simulator. My only complaint about the game is the loving FPS and P2P disconnects.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I like to play pve Dominion to learn my characters and level them up. This has become pretty hard to do because every pve Dominion match on PSN is currently hosted by boosters who have their sticks banded together to keep them active. Their characters just run around in circles inside the spawn area for the entire match. This is loving dumb.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Is the Valk buff out already?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

It is really dumb. You can turn matchmaking off for the vs AI modes and it will instantly put you in a game with AI teammates and you can still earn rewards.

If you want to play with real people though, boosters are a problem.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
Are there any other gear skins past rep3 purples or the minute I hit rep 3 that's that for barbie dress-up?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Garrand posted:

Yeah, the idea that the lawbringer would ever hit the orochi is hilarious

point taken and conceded

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

antisocial86 posted:

Are there any other gear skins past rep3 purples or the minute I hit rep 3 that's that for barbie dress-up?

I have no doubt that there will be Orange gear in the future but for now that's it. Rep 3 opens up the purps and you're done.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Loopoo posted:

Not yet

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Dear God 1v1 in this game is a hot mess. Almost every matching has a massive level difference despite only looking for 10-20 seconds, and almost every single prestiged player rage quits the second they realize they might lose. I'm pretty sure I've spent more time fighting bot-replacements than people at this point.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
What should I be spending my steel on in the early game? It seems like buying gear packs isn't worth it until you hit prestige 3 and can actually start getting purple gear, so should I just bank it until I reach that point? The only things that seem worth steel at the moment are emotes, hero recruiting, and cosmetic items.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This is one of those games that I started playing with my friends and was just awful, but now that I've played constantly and gotten good(ish) they've all left because it's gotten past the "stomping people who didn't play the beta" phase and improving their playstyles isn't enough to keep them playing :smith:

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Man for honor must think I'm really good because I keep getting matched up with servers completely full of prestige 2-5 gear 1000000000 fucks and I'm still level 10 on most of my loving characters lol

jokes on everyone I'M BAD

titties posted:

I like to play pve Dominion to learn my characters and level them up. This has become pretty hard to do because every pve Dominion match on PSN is currently hosted by boosters who have their sticks banded together to keep them active. Their characters just run around in circles inside the spawn area for the entire match. This is loving dumb.

I saw that once and was wondering what the hell, do you really get that many rewards for just sitting in a game??

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Well

:stare:

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

1500 posted:

It really does not. It is a much smaller window.

that and the fact that your shield has to make contact with the oppoents weapon and many times the move just acts like a dodge and nothing happens.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

titties posted:

Yeah I saw that last night a few times. Sure was fun trying to hold my own against four bots at once, thanks guys :shepface:

Loopoo posted:

No :(

Trillhouse posted:

It is really dumb. You can turn matchmaking off for the vs AI modes and it will instantly put you in a game with AI teammates and you can still earn rewards.

If you want to play with real people though, boosters are a problem.

Thanks for this.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Gittin gud at counter guard breaks to the point I can pull them off 8/10 times instinctively makes me feel like I have a dark super power. Pitiful fool, you cannot grab me!

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

What the actual gently caress :gizz:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

zooted heh posted:

that and the fact that your shield has to make contact with the oppoents weapon and many times the move just acts like a dodge and nothing happens.

Honestly, it seems like for Valk it'd be best to just ignore parry and deflect altogether. The former doesn't lead into anything, and the latter has a significant risk with a mediocre payoff. Just dodge the attack wholesale and punish with the dodge-attack, which will likely work even better after the buff.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Neltharak posted:

What the actual gently caress :gizz:

:byodame: "Hey big boy I've got a dagger with your name on it~"

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

*pushes panic button frantically beneath desk*

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

You are 100% right, instead of calling it a "loop" (perfectly good name btw) it's called a "vortex" because you're stuck in it until you guess right and escape.

I personally hate that type of design but w/e, it's a reality of the genre and devs keep making characters that do it so...

Loop is significantly older than Vortex and means something slightly different, is why. :v:

titties
May 10, 2012

mellowjournalism posted:

I saw that once and was wondering what the hell, do you really get that many rewards for just sitting in a game??

You get some xp and the same shot at gear drops as anyone else who finished the match. The session could run for hours playing round after round with 2 guys just running around in circles.

titties
May 10, 2012

which one are you

if you're lewdkeeper I want to play with you.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

titties posted:

which one are you

if you're lewdkeeper I want to play with you.

That'll be £39.99~

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

If it were lewdshugoki now we'd be talking :v:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Shockeh posted:

Loop is significantly older than Vortex and means something slightly different, is why. :v:

I thought loops were just combos you could keep doing, but vortexes involved being "trapped" in them until you escaped by guessing correctly.

But I guess you can roll away from the Warden for a reset without guessing, so I did use it wrong.

Neltharak posted:

If it were lewdshugoki now we'd be talking :v:

Dirty talk as Eric Cartman

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I like orochi but feel his damage is a little high. That speed combined with that damage output feels off. I really like the character otherwise. Drop damage ever so slightly and I think that would be better. I may be wrong though.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Someone needs to teach these idiot weebs how to fix their loving fences. I'm so sick of fighting on their maps and every inch of it having a broken railing you can be thrown through.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Red Mundus posted:

I like orochi but feel his damage is a little high. That speed combined with that damage output feels off. I really like the character otherwise. Drop damage ever so slightly and I think that would be better. I may be wrong though.

Yeah, most of it is alright, but the top light guaranteed combo hitting for some ~50 damage is a tad out there. Same for the area attack, I'm pretty sure it hits for about two bars, while coming out faster than any light attack and with an inbuilt feint.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Dont forget the free top heavy off of GB

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Whenever someone says "free X from guardbreak" I'm immediately reminded of advertisements claiming"Get a FREE doohicky when you spend X dollars!!!"

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Team modes are legitimately unplayable with people who are bad. Playing dominion with a team who won't stick together while the enemies group up as 4 and kill us all is enough to make me stop playing the game for the rest of the day.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Had a weird interaction where I couldn't block a berserker bots infinite combo. I kept running back to the bot to practice/learn but nothing would block. Desync or intended? I suppose I was late with my blocks but I can block PK attacks no problem so I'm not sure what was happening.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Team modes are legitimately unplayable with people who are bad. Playing dominion with a team who won't stick together while the enemies group up as 4 and kill us all is enough to make me stop playing the game for the rest of the day.

It's actually really easy to win if they can never manage to kill you, I mean just hang out on the Front and kill poo poo for free health, points, renown, and stamina using Body Count and let the lemmings come to your grinder and kill them all. If they can't kill YOU, you're golden.

Super easy bruh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014
The length of time it is taking them to put out the first patch (or even provide a window for when it might be out) is a bad omen for the future of this game.