Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

canyoneer posted:

Yavin Open Top 8 had 7 mindlink lists. MAXIMUM MINDLINK

One of the scum lists was dengaroo, not mindlink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
welp ok now what?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Panzeh posted:

One of the scum lists was dengaroo, not mindlink.

Oh, I'm just going off of this and didn't see it.

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=2627

It's interesting that not all of them included Manaroo, but all of them included Fenn. :getin:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That Ghost list looks hilarious and I love it

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

He was on stream for the semifinals and finals https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123205661

I really love the idea of this list. It's like a fancier Kanan Biggs without Kanan or Biggs. He castles while he waits for his opponent to commit, then uses Navigator to change his dial and tries to boost around while only keeping 1 enemy within range. Meanwhile accuracy corrector means 2 or 3 hit TLTs everytime.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So, i'm looking at my own dumb idea of making custom cards, and instead of making all-new material, I kinda want to try my hand at reworking the wave 1-3 to be at a power level parity with the rest of the game. So i'm starting with the red starter box.

I'm not done yet, but I want to get your idea of whether this is overpriced/overpowered or not.

To put it in perspective, the Rookie Pilot is going to be 18 points and PS 1.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 23, 2017

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
I've recently gotten enough time to start getting back into flying wangs. Started with a starter kit, Rebel Aces, I've since switched to Scum and Villainy so that my group of friends has a solid rounding of cards/upgrades/whatever. In Scum and Villainy, I have the Firespray, the Bad Scrabblehand Fighter, a Protectorate Fighter, the Most Wanted pack, an M3-A and a Mist Hunter. Mostly just picking up poo poo that had useful upgrades/looked neat. Any suggestions that aren't mindlink builds?

Locals out this way play mostly Rebels/Imps, so getting it first hand was out of the question.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004

canyonero posted:

He was on stream for the semifinals and finals https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123205661

I really love the idea of this list. It's like a fancier Kanan Biggs without Kanan or Biggs. He castles while he waits for his opponent to commit, then uses Navigator to change his dial and tries to boost around while only keeping 1 enemy within range. Meanwhile accuracy corrector means 2 or 3 hit TLTs everytime.

Can someone explain the Hera/navigator combo? I try to break it down in my head but I am dumb.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I don't think it's a combo, since both effects are based on the revealed maneuver, but it does give a lot of flexibility. You can either switch to a maneuver of similar difficulty OR a maneuver with same bearing. Gives a lot of options.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Finster Dexter posted:

I don't think it's a combo, since both effects are based on the revealed maneuver, but it does give a lot of flexibility. You can either switch to a maneuver of similar difficulty OR a maneuver with same bearing. Gives a lot of options.

You can get both effects if you initially choose a green or red maneuver:

Order of activation: select green 1 forward. Reveal manuever. Hera and Navigator both activate

Use Hera first, allowing you to choose a different green maneuver. Select green 2 bank left.

Use Navigator second, allowing you to select another bank left maneuver (same bearing). Select white 3 bank left.

Now instead of going 1 forward, you're going 3 bank left.

You can even do the same with a 5 k-turn. Turn it to a red hard turn then change that to a 2 hard turn and suddenly you're doing a white maneuver instead.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

I like it but I don't get the use of C3PO on a 0 agility ship. Heck Tactician at least would be better for the chance to stress someone out for the slicer tools. Maybe I am missing something.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The plan is to string ships along at range 3 and use it on his bonus die. Its worth a good amount of health over the course of a game

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe I found an R4D6 for you

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ConfusedUs posted:

Strobe I found an R4D6 for you

So did I! I'm picking it up when I leave today, courtesy of a local goon.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

So did I! I'm picking it up when I leave today, courtesy of a local goon.

Fine! Be that way! I'll just give it back to the guy who let me borrow it on your behalf!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

banned from Starbucks posted:

The plan is to string ships along at range 3 and use it on his bonus die. Its worth a good amount of health over the course of a game

In particular, to use Ahsoka's pilot ability to allow it to boost in the combat phase once everything else is set, so it can get out to R3.

It seems jank as gently caress to me, but it got to the final of a system open and only failed as hard as it did because of pilot error so what the gently caress do I know?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Yeah, that's a really creative way to use the Ghost and I like it a lot. An arc dodger trying to stretch range like SuperDash, but without PTL.

I think I have the most fun in X-Wing when I'm putting a Ghost on the table. It's just a really fun ship. Big ships movin' fast is real great.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Obligatory "I hate how fast big ships are" post.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It seems backwards to me.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My Falcon flies exactly as fast as my X-wings, and that's exactly as fast as it should be.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The Lancer has giant turbo engines on the sides and a huge engine down the middle. Like, you can't even see the giant engine on the bottom from the tabletop. It would be wrong to have that ship not have green 3s.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Strobe posted:

Obligatory "I hate how fast big ships are" post.

The first two times we see one ship pursuing another on screen in ANH, it's a much larger ship or ships overtaking a smaller one. The Star Destroyer catches the Tantive, then Han is losing ground to a pair of Star Destroyers at sublight speeds. :colbert:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The bowtie fighter also has a giant engine in the middle. The two red lights on the sides are turn signals.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Chemmy posted:

It seems backwards to me.

It's one of those things where the solution is worse than the problem. I remember that was all the rage when people were complaining about large ship boost.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, that's a really creative way to use the Ghost and I like it a lot. An arc dodger trying to stretch range like SuperDash, but without PTL.

I think I have the most fun in X-Wing when I'm putting a Ghost on the table. It's just a really fun ship. Big ships movin' fast is real great.

It originally made me wonder if it's worth exploring Lone Wolf/Rey/Engine Dash + Ahsoka as a list. Which I immediately realized was dumb because if Ahsoka is close enough to help, Lone Wolf won't be of any use.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Panzeh posted:

It's one of those things where the solution is worse than the problem. I remember that was all the rage when people were complaining about large ship boost.

Heaver is on record as saying he made Boba Fett (crew) explicitly to target game-changing upgrades such as engine upgrade on large ships.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

T-t-t-t-triple post!

I'm at a complete loss as to what to fly for this weekend's regional in Tulsa. I'm going into this one with a "let's have fun" mindset over "serious business" for some reason. I just can't bring myself to care as much as I did about Plano or Mustafar. :shrug:

FennZuckMan is out. I'm tired of it, and its single worst matchup is Asajj with Latts crew...who is the major hotness right now. So in addition to being tired of it, it's also a bad call to take it.

I'm torn between my Ten/Nien/Biggs (Comfortably Numb) build that focuses on stress + ion and a Whisper/Darth Vader/TIE Shuttle with Kylo list I've been working on.

I'm also open to taking someone else's pet list/weird idea, as long as it's not something that needs a ton of practice like that Ghost/Ahsoka list.

So what does the thread think? What should I take?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I have a few ideas.

One of our local players (maybe the best local player?) has been running Fenn/Assaj/Manaroo mindlink for a few months now, and is really good at it. His only losses recently were to Brobots (remember those?) and he had two losses at Kashyyyk to the following lists:
Ketsu/Old Teroch/Jakku Gunrunner
and
Backdraft/Vessery (with, VI, TIE/D and tractor)/ and the Inquisitor

There's another guy who has been doing pretty well with a variant, swapping Vessery for Palpmobile. I played against him recently and it was a real good time.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Bring Scyk Fangs it's super fun.

It's wildly high variance and dumb but it's super fun.

2x Tansaari Point Vet with heavy Scyk, Mindlink, Ion Cannon, 2x the PS5 Fang with title, autothrusters, mindlink.

When it goes right it's super satisfying. When it goes wrong it goes wrong fast and hard.

Alternatively, Ketsu and 2 small ships, fangs ideally but it's tough to fit it all in, all with mindlink.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I vote Comfortably Numb, because Rebel Ace control with X and B-wings is a hilarious throwback to Wave 2, just like my Falcon/XX list.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

T-t-t-t-triple post!

I'm at a complete loss as to what to fly for this weekend's regional in Tulsa. I'm going into this one with a "let's have fun" mindset over "serious business" for some reason. I just can't bring myself to care as much as I did about Plano or Mustafar. :shrug:

FennZuckMan is out. I'm tired of it, and its single worst matchup is Asajj with Latts crew...who is the major hotness right now. So in addition to being tired of it, it's also a bad call to take it.

I'm torn between my Ten/Nien/Biggs (Comfortably Numb) build that focuses on stress + ion and a Whisper/Darth Vader/TIE Shuttle with Kylo list I've been working on.

I'm also open to taking someone else's pet list/weird idea, as long as it's not something that needs a ton of practice like that Ghost/Ahsoka list.

So what does the thread think? What should I take?

Palp upsilon + aces is fun and good, and you get to make weird I'll show you the dark side jokes the whole time.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I found some wangs that I made back in 2013. Forgot how bad these were lol.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 28, 2017

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

They're good wangs Chull

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

I mean, ya they're whatever but they don't burn my eyes out or anything and are far from poorly painted so that's a plus!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Nah, they're pretty badly painted. But the point is that for you guys who are afraid of painting, sure your first attempts will look like poo poo, but in 3-4 years you too can progress to making garishly-colored anime ships. :haw:

Two of those ships are soaking in simple green now. I need some x-wings to paint and bring to tournaments if they ever become really good again.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

haha I asked about lists to fly over on Reddit and someone suggested a (vastly) inferior version of FenZuckMan.

He's on the right path, though. :)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Fly my list we can be twinsies. :shobon:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Fly my list we can be twinsies. :shobon:

Post that poo poo and I'll consider it

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Sympathizer with Hotcop, Rey, Snuggling, and BMST
Jess with R2 Astro, Integrated, Sensor Cluster
Blue Novice with R4-D6, Integrated, Sensor Cluster.

Tanky but still shooty. Point and click that rewards tight maneuvering. No good target to shoot first, and no obvious opening counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Strobe posted:

Sympathizer with Hotcop, Rey, Snuggling, and BMST
Jess with R2 Astro, Integrated, Sensor Cluster
Blue Novice with R4-D6, Integrated, Sensor Cluster.

Tanky but still shooty. Point and click that rewards tight maneuvering. No good target to shoot first, and no obvious opening counter.

Yeah I think I'll take a pass. I get where you're going with it, but it's not my style at all. I like movement and jank. That thing's pretty straightforward.

• Locked thread