Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Brown Moses posted:

The fuzes still have their rings in place, so they aren't even armed, makes me think it wasn't up in the air in the first place.

But yeah, they're probably modifying stuff. Shuttlecock idea is pretty loving smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
they probably bought like 10,000 shuttlecocks off alibaba for $10

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Just wait until a 3D printer is all you need to support an entire terror cell.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

not caring here posted:

Just wait until a 3D printer is all you need to support an entire terror cell.
I now have a plan to eliminate ISIS: Convince them to sell bootleg Warham minis to fund their war efforts. Games Workshop will wipe them off the face of the planet. :haw:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Godholio posted:

But yeah, they're probably modifying stuff. Shuttlecock idea is pretty loving smart.

Was that the lady that said something along the lines of "these are the bullets I was shot with"?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

my kinda ape posted:

Was that the lady that said something along the lines of "these are the bullets I was shot with"?

Maybe they were just pulling a Raylan Givens on her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-K5RlyKcfo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

my kinda ape posted:

Yep. Evil Americans shot up her house or something.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

my kinda ape posted:

Basically. What's always bugged me about it isn't that obviously they aren't, but in some circles it was used as some kind of damning evidence that civilian casualties are made up. She may well believe they are if her house got shot up and she found ejected or dropped rounds on the ground.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Brown Moses posted:

The fuzes still have their rings in place, so they aren't even armed, makes me think it wasn't up in the air in the first place.

We did a detailed piece on these recently, seems a lot of the bombs are based on 40mm grenades
https://www.bellingcat.com/uncategorized/2017/02/10/death-drone-bombs-caliphate/
Yeah my guess would be that the controllers got overrun. Do you know how they manage the 40mm fuses? I thought they needed to detect an initial impact then a bunch of rotations to even arm.

Anta posted:

Assembly process:

- Hit it with a sledgehammer to simulate launch
- Put it on a drill and spin it the gently caress up
- Now carefully attach the tail assembly and shuttlecock
scaroused.jpg

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

evil_bunnY posted:

Yeah my guess would be that the controllers got overrun. Do you know how they manage the 40mm fuses? I thought they needed to detect an initial impact then a bunch of rotations to even arm.

scaroused.jpg

It looks like in this example they replaced the fuze, although in earlier examples they had designs that may have been intended to impart spin.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
gently caress wrong thread i keep doing this

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 23, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://catalog.archives.gov/search?q=*:*&f.parentNaId=516330&f.level=item&sort=naIdSort%20asc

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

evil_bunnY posted:

If it's stupid but it works...

Oh I'm with you there - it was more of a ":stonklol: why didn't I think of that?!?" but I'm also a regular schlub living in a major metropolitan city not waging war on my contemporaries with kludged together swag.... ...yet. It's still early in Trump's Brave New America :v:

rear end-salt Bae :rimshot: well okay really more Attack-Bae
http://i.imgur.com/pQMo4OK.mp4

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Stealing from TFR:

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Anta posted:

Assembly process:

- Hit it with a sledgehammer to simulate launch
- Put it on a drill and spin it the gently caress up
- Now carefully attach the tail assembly and shuttlecock

This wouldn't work, BTW, since the fuze also has a ~10-15 second self-destruct timer that starts at either launch or spin-up.

Godholio posted:

Stealing from TFR:

Oh hey, it's the villain plane from the 80's!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Godholio posted:

Stealing from TFR:

I mean, sure it's just a promo video, but it seems like they're not even trying to reduce the RCS of the F-15? Are they planning on jamming it chock full of ECM gear, because wouldn't that get shot down way before it got anywhere near its target area by modern SAMs.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
Maybe the idea is to just have them hang back and be missile boats while F-35s and F-22s designate targets for them.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

Stealing from TFR:

PAYLOAD

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Stealing from TFR:

Neat now make the B-1R reality Trump so we can salvage this dumb gay timeline

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Trump gonna build some Missile Boats once founds the First Galactic Empire

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Missionary Positron posted:

I mean, sure it's just a promo video, but it seems like they're not even trying to reduce the RCS of the F-15? Are they planning on jamming it chock full of ECM gear, because wouldn't that get shot down way before it got anywhere near its target area by modern SAMs.

The 2040C is an upgrade to current F-15Cs. There's the Silent Eagle, which has a reduced RCS, but that's a new-build aircraft that nobody seems terribly interested in. The USAF certainly isn't. The 2040C's big selling points are radar upgrades, improved jamming/self protection, adding the F-22 datalink, adding conformal fuel tanks, and doubling the air-to-air loadout to 16 missiles.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/PissPigGranddad/status/835231166382866435

I think he's in northern Syria with the YPG. Wouldn't the ammo be the hardest thing to find?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/PissPigGranddad/status/835231166382866435

I think he's in northern Syria with the YPG. Wouldn't the ammo be the hardest thing to find?

7.92x33mm is still in limited military and commercial manufacture due to the number of states that have used them until present day (especially in Africa) and the presence of civilian 7.92mm firearms. It's obviously a lot harder to get than 7.62x39mm, but it's not exactly gold.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 24, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

nvm

edit: oh i read the edit sorry

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 24, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It uses a full length 8mm round? I thought they were shorter for that gun

WHAT'S THAT THERE'S NO EDIT NOTHING TO SEE HERE

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wonder if you could start a business that goes into conflict zones and snatch up all their cool weapons. Come back with crates of STG 44s.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

I wonder if you could start a business that goes into conflict zones and snatch up all their cool weapons. Come back with crates of STG 44s.

what would you do with them?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Make a YouTube channel showing all the cool old guns you found like forgotten weapons does. Get a Patreon or something going on and there's your money

Plus you could show all the homemade and Jerry rigged stuff, well until you blow some fingers off

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Reverand maynard posted:

Hypothetically, if one were to show up in the US with a crate full of STG 44, how much would the ATF freak the gently caress out?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

Hypothetically, if one were to show up in the US with a crate full of STG 44, how much would the ATF freak the gently caress out?

well they didnt let all those korean m1 garands in, and those are semi auto freedom blasters as opposed to full auto nazi oppression sprayers

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
The full auto civilian registration, the NFA registry, was frozen with the 1986 "firearm owners protection act".....sooooo you can't bring in and/or register any full auto firearm for the civilian market :(.

Fixed supply and big demand for full auto is why everything costs in the tens of thousands or more. I think the cheapest full auto giggle switch toy you can get is a mac10 or some poo poo for around $6000 last time I checked.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
And then you also have to live in a state that allows full auto.

And then on top of all that I forget what it's called but there's some laws about importation of firearms and whether or not they pass the "sporting arms purpose" test, which is an arbitrary number of cosmetic features. I'm a bit rusty in this so someone correct me if need be.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We're never going to dump the MG ban either because the NRA aside from from being composed of racist shitheads is also full of people with huge investments in MG parts. Also, pearl clutching over blue lives matter.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Carnikon must have had hella good contacts to borrow all those full auto guns for the videos.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

He's a Tier Zero Operator, no poo poo he has ballin contacts. He had to stop making videos so he could spend more time slaying bodies.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Usually those dudes have buddies that are class 3 dealers so they can play around with all that poo poo, or have someone on production team who is. I found out later from a buddy of mine that CarniK Con was in my brigades engineer batallion right down the street from us, small world I guess, slightly.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

How hard is it to become a class 3 dealer? If you become a class 3 dealer for the sole purpose of legally owning a post ban machine gun would the ATF skull gently caress you?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

We're never going to dump the MG ban either because the NRA aside from from being composed of racist shitheads is also full of people with huge investments in MG parts. Also, pearl clutching over blue lives matter.

I dunno man, Republicans might loosen stuff on silencers under the hearing protection act.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Reverand maynard posted:

How hard is it to become a class 3 dealer? If you become a class 3 dealer for the sole purpose of legally owning a post ban machine gun would the ATF skull gently caress you?

Not from what I have been told.

Basically, as long as you fill out the paperwork, pay the fees and pass the background check, they don't give a gently caress.

But that may also be old/bad info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

As a class 3 dealer any post 1986 ban automatic you acquire with a giggleswitch is never technically yours, it's a "dealer sample" and it is attached to your business. There's other strings too, like your "business" has to fulfill certain obligations for it to count as a business.