Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Random NBA dudes overrate Rose the same way Twolfs fans overrate Rubio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Would Rose really accept a bench role? Really interested to see where he ends up, especially with those rumors on what he wants.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
game as what, he's a bad shooter with mediocre vision unless he's kicking to shooters on the key and no defense.

He's getting free reign to do whatever on the Knicks that most other teams wouldn't give.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He just ended up on the Knicks

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/834875597520322560

Metapod don't watch

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

EvanTH posted:

He just ended up on the Knicks

I meant this offseason as a FA ya boner

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/834891148753780737

AND ONE!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

don't gimme that poo poo!!! - carlos boozer

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/834871070029180928

:yeah:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Hand Row posted:

I meant this offseason as a FA ya boner

I just want the Knicks to be one of the 28-29 NBA teams without Melo or DRose on the roster :[

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Lockback posted:

Are there many Rose die-hards left? I felt like I have the rosiest view when I say DRose is probably a decent bench guy now if you are starving to create offense. He's a tier or two below Rubio.

Like all of New York.

OKC ripped off the Bulls too. Why don't the Spurs get in on this action? Last trade I remember them doing they traded George Hill for a mid first pick and some Latvian. I want in on all this ripping off idiots stuff. I guess I do remember the Ray McCallum trade. That didn't work out.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

EvanTH posted:

Random NBA dudes overrate Rose the same way Twolfs fans overrate Rubio
They play fix you by Coldplay while looking wistfully at the ICE scouter and the trade machine

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Taj was cool.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Garrett Temple knows what's up
https://twitter.com/GTemp14/status/834857392860852225
https://twitter.com/gtemp14/status/834862630636367872

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Apparently Dan LeBatard said A THING about Magic Johnson being incompetent when it comes to personnel work, and a bunch of ESPN talking heads plus LZ Granderson plus Mychal Thompson are publicly accusing LeBatard of racism.

It's incredible: Magic Johnson has been with the Lakers for like two days and already his absence from Countdown is tearing ESPN apart.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

Apparently Dan LeBatard said A THING about Magic Johnson being incompetent when it comes to personnel work, and a bunch of ESPN talking heads plus LZ Granderson plus Mychal Thompson are publicly accusing LeBatard of racism.

It's incredible: Magic Johnson has been with the Lakers for like two days and already his absence from Countdown is tearing ESPN apart.

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/568591585912467456

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/793147180932403200

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/545967451461410817?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crazy Ted posted:

I heard the LeBatard this this morning, and he basically said what we've been saying "He hasn't exactly brought a ton of valuable and original insight to ESPN countdown, would he have this position if he wasn't a former Laker great"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What you’ve got here though, is a testament to the power of fame. And a testament to the power of a modicum of charm. Because Magic Johnson is charming. But, Magic Johnson was given a late night television show, because he’s famous and charming. Failed in 11 shows. Magic Johnson was given a head coaching job of the Lakers, because he’s famous and charming, failed in 16 games. Magic Johnson, not interesting as a broadcaster, given broadcasting opportunity after broadcasting opportunity, because he’s famous and charming. And now, he gets to run the entire Lakers organization because he’s famous and charming. That’s amazing.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
LeBatard is my favorite person at ESPN. He gives sports the level of seriousness and importantance they deserve and his shows are funny. Plus he makes a lot of dumb people really angry.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

They traded Rondo for Jae Crowder and a first rounder.

Rondo wasn't even the best player they traded to Dallas in that deal.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Crazy Ted posted:

I love all the people praising Magic's business acumen while ignoring the fact that to fail in the areas of pro sports ownership and SoCal commercial real estate in the last 30 years would require one to be literally clinically retarded.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I love all the people praising Magic's business acumen while ignoring the fact that to fail in the areas of pro sports ownership and SoCal commercial real estate in the last 30 years would require one to be literally clinically retarded.
And then saying that the person making the statement, who himself is a minority, must have said because he's a disgusting racist.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bring back Jerry Krause

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bring back Jerry Krause
Bring back Rod Thorn. After all he's the dude who drafted MJ.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

People confuse being successful with being a smart/good person.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport/videos/10154837469501006/

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okay I'm ready someone tell me how McBuckets is going to live up to his potential

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Metapod posted:

Okay I'm ready someone tell me how McBuckets is going to live up to his potential

He will be able to get wide-open shots because of Russell Westbrook he will then get torched by whoever he's being forced to guard on the defensive end so you mostly hope that he hits some more threes than the points he allows

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Jota posted:

LeBatard is my favorite person at ESPN. He gives sports the level of seriousness and importantance they deserve and his shows are funny. Plus he makes a lot of dumb people really angry.

Yeah it's a good show. And all this is especially ridiculous considering he spent weeks saying the same legit things about the 49er Lynch hiring. I hope Stugotz actually asks the MLB commish tomorrow if they should put a pond in the outfield.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dexo posted:

He will be able to get wide-open shots because of Russell Westbrook he will then get torched by whoever he's being forced to guard on the defensive end so you mostly hope that he hits some more threes than the points he allows
The difference between Doug McDermott's college and NBA rebounding goes to show that you can grab missed shots just on account of the fact that you're one of the 2-3 tallest guys on the floor.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wouldn't take the Paul George to LA stuff too serious either. We've been through this before.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

He's an amazing troll, in the good way.

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/834547207420383233

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dexo posted:

This sounds like a solid plan to put my hopes on

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Rick posted:

I wouldn't take the Paul George to LA stuff too serious either. We've been through this before.
I bet he's getting the gently caress out of Indiana. Larry Bird has been a total dick.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

straight up brolic posted:

I bet he's getting the gently caress out of Indiana. Larry Bird has been a total dick.

how dare you sir, larry bird has treated paul george like he would his own flesh and blood

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Yeah, I went through like a decade of this same poo poo with KG (and Chris Paul) (RIP)

Its not worth getting excited about until there is a press conference

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope the Mavs sign Pierre Jackson with their extra roster spot.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Terrence Jones got waived. Is anyone interested in an oft-injured forward that stomps on homeless people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

straight up brolic posted:

Larry Bird has always been a total dick. Just ask his oldest daughter.

• Locked thread