Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I named Frog after my friend Glenn and his backstory left me confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Had a long week of being sick but finally feeling pretty much back at 100%. Watching tv and playing games. How you doing, FAK?

I'm doing ok, better than usual. Still not the best, but some things are going on currently that I'm glad about so I've been a little more chipper than usual. Glad that you're feeling better though! :)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

I named Frog "Hiro" and it worked out fantastically.

In ffvi I named Celes "Cedar" and it also worked out great when one of her captors said "So, the mighty Cedar has fallen!"

I had good luck with picking names back then.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Phantasium posted:

Everyone should play Philosoma. It's not a terribly great shmup but it's got a neat horror story slant and the JP only sequel was straight up a survival horror game.

Also scored by the guy who did Shadow of the Colossus.

That game is rad. The constantly shifting perspectives blew my tiny little mind back in the day. Had no idea about the sequel though, I'll have to check that out.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

corn in the bible posted:

care to share your friend's confusing backstory

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Always name Frog >> Glenn, Marle >> Nadia, and Robo >> R66-Y

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Name Crono "Squar" like the manual.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

Robo >> R66-Y

That's his slave name, you monster.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3XU09J2olg

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

So I'm at work, what is Horizon Zero Dawn and why should I care about it

All I know is the devs are the Killzone guys but I never played those games so that's kinda meaningless to me
It looks like a futuristic Monster Hunter but it's single player and supposedly has actual gameplay instead of mostly grinding

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

I love the music in that stage. There was also another alternate last stage where you turned into one of the Bydo and the last boss was a bunch of other R-9 ships, Final was weeeeeird but great too.

The last Final Stage is a weird timewarp that sends you back thousands of years. They give you 1 life and no continues and you have to make it through a super long stage that remixes other parts of the game and is full of enemies that just turbo laser you as a 'hilarious' gotcha. Plus all the usual R-Type poo poo like enemies constantly attacking from multiple directions and all that.

It's pretty cool.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CrashCat posted:

It looks like a futuristic Monster Hunter but it's single player and supposedly has actual gameplay instead of mostly grinding

I'm down for this if that's what it actually turns out to be (see avatar)

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Always name Frog >> Glenn, Marle >> Nadia, and Robo >> R66-Y

No Magus >> Janus?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Agnostalgia posted:

No Magus >> Janus?

Can you rename Magus? I can't remember.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CrashCat posted:

It's supposedly closer to far cry than monster hunter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hey VideoGames, this made me think of you.

https://twitter.com/Kekeflipnote/status/834801588178935812

FirstAidKite posted:

Can you rename Magus? I can't remember.

Yeah.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The two series I haven't played which I think I would be super into are kirby and ys

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Huh. Does it just retroactively change any mentions of his name to his new name or do the old references still call him Magus?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

The two series I haven't played which I think I would be super into are kirby and ys

Ys pwns

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Poops Mcgoots posted:

It's supposedly closer to far cry than monster hunter.

Nothing I've heard about it has made it seem anything like Monster Hunter.

Help Im Alive posted:

Play every Kirby

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
HEY ADOL, WE'RE REALLY SAILING AWAY

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good Ys resource -> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755391 if I can toot my own horn

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Huh. Does it just retroactively change any mentions of his name to his new name or do the old references still call him Magus?

Yeah npc dialogue changes in the few cases where it's not updated by the time he joins your party, notably 600 AD castle guards and such.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought Memories of Celceta on sale like 3 years ago so maybe I'll actually download it the next time I'm playing my vita

I lied I've actually played one kirby (the DS paintbrush one) but I haven't played any of the platformer ones

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The best Kirby game is Kirby Tilt n Tumble and it saddens me that more people don't recognize.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

these are both god tier

if you own MoC, you're in for a good game. some of the boss fights aren't up to snuff with the other games in terms of difficulty though but the world design is very cool and interconnected in a dark soulsy way and the character switching works really well.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Kirby is one of the best game series out there

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Help Im Alive posted:

To experience those games for the first time again...

You're in for a good time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Get a 3DS and a cheapass copy of Kirby Superstar Ultra.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I keep wanting to play it but whener they go on sale on Steam I see that there's like a zillion of them on and they seem to run the gamut from SNES games to modern and none of the titles make any sense or give any idea where to start so paralysis of choice takes over.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Is Mirror's Edge Catalyst worth $10? I enjoyed the first one.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Call of Duty 5, the 14th game in the series

xedo posted:

I got it for my birthday and had fun with it idk why people are so down on it

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 24, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Call of Duty 5, the 14th game in the series

Hey man, it worked for Tony Hawk Fi-

oh...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

xedo posted:

i got it for 8 but haven't launched it yet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope its a cia desk job simulator

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this is pretty cool can't wait for death stranding to push this engine to the visual limit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZYcS8_XSkI

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

why would you need an open world game when forests already exist

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope it's not WWII...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004