Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

One of the weird things about this game for me is that its the first one I've actually played on a console. Almost every other SRW I've played was on a broken PSP that would shut off if I pressed on the battery too hard and had a broken charging port anyways so I couldn't just plug the thing into the wall. Playing on the PS4 feels soooo chill in comparison it isn't funny.

Also I'm still in early game but coming off of J these stages are delightfully short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

:unsmith:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Raxivace posted:

One of the weird things about this game for me is that its the first one I've actually played on a console. Almost every other SRW I've played was on a broken PSP that would shut off if I pressed on the battery too hard and had a broken charging port anyways so I couldn't just plug the thing into the wall.

Also I'm still in early game but coming off of J these stages are delightfully short.

In terms of enemy count I agree, but enemies in V are definitely more damage sponges than in J, which can make some stages tedious after a while(the stage where the Invaders first show up and the one where the OG enemies first appear are especially annoying in that regard)

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Excellent :discourse:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bless this game. :allears:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That's brilliant :swoon:

One hour of work left... Just one hour...

For those who're well in deep by now, what's the route that throws all the nice Reals at you? Or at least the Hathaway's Flash/FMP/Ange units?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

It finally happened!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

That's brilliant :swoon:

One hour of work left... Just one hour...

For those who're well in deep by now, what's the route that throws all the nice Reals at you? Or at least the Hathaway's Flash/FMP/Ange units?

Unless there's something weird, you'll get a bunch of those early on and then you'll be forced to choose between FMP/Ange/Gundam 00/SEED and ZZ Gundam/Xi/Supers during a path split.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

:3: This game is filled with adorable moments.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yesss, my copy arrived!

Went for the Terada birthday, without any shame.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Banpresto had one job and they did it flawlessly.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
OK, I need this game right now

Unfortunately, Play-Asia seems to be out of Singapore PSN cards, and I prefer my games digital. Does anyone know how long they take to restock?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Unless there's something weird, you'll get a bunch of those early on and then you'll be forced to choose between FMP/Ange/Gundam 00/SEED and ZZ Gundam/Xi/Supers during a path split.

So my protagonist choice doesn't matter?

Sweet. I know who I'm going with.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So my protagonist choice doesn't matter?

Sweet. I know who I'm going with.

Does sound like it. I've been avoiding spoilers but my playthrough sounds basically the same as someone's Soji playthrough so far.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Yes!!

The GIG posted:

Banpresto had one job and they did it flawlessly.

Makes up for the lack of Triple Inazuma Kick in Z3.2.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ugh I can't get any kind of information on where my game is, I have the tracking number but it's not in the singapore post system like MD was...

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Willo567 posted:

OK, I need this game right now

Unfortunately, Play-Asia seems to be out of Singapore PSN cards, and I prefer my games digital. Does anyone know how long they take to restock?

When did you put your order in? Mine says 48 hours, meaning they're "on the way to restocking" or whatever.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Broken Loose posted:

When did you put your order in? Mine says 48 hours, meaning they're "on the way to restocking" or whatever.

I actually haven't ordered them yet. That's what I thought they meant when they said it ships in 48 hours

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

Nine-Nine.

Thanks!

I got the stage with "weeaboo" in and in the same cutscene section they also have "twitterpated" and its beautiful. They translate "Big Service" as "here's another one on me" this is a good game well translated? Says man who just finished stage 9.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

So is the sexy saxophone music this game keeps using in almost every scene from a series or what? Because man they like to just switch to it out of nowhere.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

mrfreeze posted:

So is the sexy saxophone music this game keeps using in almost every scene from a series or what? Because man they like to just switch to it out of nowhere.
I think it's original music. I am not a fan of the original music so far.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am pretty convince Ange is the Kallen of this game, Jesus. She's like an S-sized wrecking ball who gets 20% extra cash from every kill.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

EthanSteele posted:

Thanks!

I got the stage with "weeaboo" in and in the same cutscene section they also have "twitterpated" and its beautiful. They translate "Big Service" as "here's another one on me" this is a good game well translated? Says man who just finished stage 9.

I'm recording my play for posterity so if you're curious what the Japanese looks like, here is that exact scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyT8lBoZQg&t=3289s

I don't know what part of this is "twitterpated" so do let me know.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I also have to say that I'm really enjoying the crossover elements in this. They're doing a good job with it. Graham Acer training Joe the Ace is such a goofy and amazing bit of crossover.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Endorph posted:

quick cross ange questions for the people playing along at home:

any sign of playable tusk
who exactly is playable, actually

And I can now confirm that Tusk is indeed playable.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Inferno-sama posted:

Not that it matters for me, he's never leaving the bench :v: Also for those who have it is all of Cross Ange's plot as awful here as it is in the show or did they try and change it?

Tribladeofchaos fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Feb 24, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Not that it matters for me, he's never leaving the bench :v: Also for those who have it is all of Cross Ange's plot as awful here as it is in the show or did they try and change it?

Don't you want Ange's love bonus? :v:

... Are Love/Friendship bonuses in the game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tribladeofchaos posted:

It's not particularly great. It leads to some fun crossover elements so far but that's about it, and the bulk of those Crossover elements are built around Gundam SEED so...

That said, Ange is a goddamn absurd uberpilot so hey.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

I'm recording my play for posterity so if you're curious what the Japanese looks like, here is that exact scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyT8lBoZQg&t=3289s

I don't know what part of this is "twitterpated" so do let me know.

It's when Charlotte talks about Kodai and Mori coming out of the observation room. She says that the rumour is they came out "twitterpated". It looks like it just doesn't happen in the Chitose version? In the Soji version he's trying to get Kodai to invite Mori on a thing and Kodai is super dense and leaves with Setsuna and Tieria and then everyone goes "well I guess he doesn't feel that way about Mori" and thats when Lottie says that she was told they came out twitterpated.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

ImpAtom posted:

It's not particularly great. It leads to some fun crossover elements so far but that's about it, and the bulk of those Crossover elements are built around Gundam SEED so...

That's a shame, I was at least hoping someone would call tusk out on some of the poo poo he does and not have Ange be all over him.

Oh well still going to use the rest of the cast and likely skip their route splits.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

EthanSteele posted:

It's when Charlotte talks about Kodai and Mori coming out of the observation room. She says that the rumour is they came out "twitterpated". It looks like it just doesn't happen in the Chitose version? In the Soji version he's trying to get Kodai to invite Mori on a thing and Kodai is super dense and leaves with Setsuna and Tieria and then everyone goes "well I guess he doesn't feel that way about Mori" and thats when Lottie says that she was told they came out twitterpated.

Didn't this happen later at the Rubicon Party or am I thinking of something else?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Inferno-sama posted:

Now the question is if he is better or worse than Fa.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Shinn arriving and getting pissed about having to deal with THESE TERRIBLE WOMEN was worth it, imo

Which grade 4 TAC bonus are folks eyeing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

Shinn arriving and getting pissed about having to deal with THESE TERRIBLE WOMEN was worth it, imo

Which grade 4 TAC bonus are folks eyeing?

Crossange.jpg

I went for the Focus one. The other two are kinda eeeh while +10 focus at start is a huge boost to SR points.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Crossange.jpg

I went for the Focus one. The other two are kinda eeeh while +10 focus at start is a huge boost to SR points.

:allears:

And yeah I think I'm getting the focus one - it was between that and the SP one, but more focus just seems like it does so much more when I think about it.

Also just want to note how loving good this rendition of Silent Voice is. I hadn't realized how much I missed the ZZ in SRW until these last couple of days.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

Didn't this happen later at the Rubicon Party or am I thinking of something else?

The actual Mori/Kodai meeting happens on stage 7 at the party, the conversation about it happens in the same scene as the Gundam Weeaboo on stage 8. At least if you pick Soji.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
This game looks so good, holy poo poo.

I might have to get a PS4 sooner rather than later.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ImpAtom posted:

Crossange.jpg

Shinn continues to be the best in SRW. :allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Holy poo poo, guys. HOLY poo poo

Jerid apologizes to Kamille for making fun of his name and Kamille apologizes for punching Jerid!

What is this madness?!

Oh and also Yazan joins Londo Bell or something I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Holy poo poo, guys. HOLY poo poo

Jerid apologizes to Kamille for making fun of his name and Kamille apologizes for punching Jerid!

What is this madness?!

Oh and also Yazan joins Londo Bell or something I guess.
Quick, someone check to see if Hell has frozen over.

• Locked thread