Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Mob seems pretty close to over, yeah, but not until it gets to chapter #100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Reinanigans posted:

Isn't ONE wrapping up Mob Psycho 100 soon?
god i hope not

mob psycho should only finish if one is ready to start mob psycho 200

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

One is just gonna keep going with smaller and smaller decimal increments to not hit 100

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mob could realistically end real soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't either.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

El Burbo posted:

One is just gonna keep going with smaller and smaller decimal increments to not hit 100

Mugen Psycho ∞

Alternatively

ONE is using Zeno's paradox.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 15, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

El Burbo posted:

Logically, the final Mob chapter should be ???, though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Reigen reaches 1000% once so really mob psycho isn't even 1/10th complete

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Reinanigans posted:

Isn't ONE wrapping up Mob Psycho 100 soon? If so, he'll probably have more free time to dedicate to OPM. I hope so, anyway.

While that's only speculation, Mob Psycho does seem to be approaching a conclusion.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I would be okay with Mob ending if this means we got a new high quality series from ONE.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Basically the anime either sticks to the manga, which is terrible for flow [Because there is no natural end point], or it ignores the manga to go for the web comic content [Which is amazing but eats through a ton of content]. There's no good answer, and I feel for them. For it's own sake it's probably better to ignore the manga. Climaxing on a tournament arc without the main character going off on something probably isn't going to move the Blu-rays.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Matoi Ryuko posted:

i'm one punch man

I knew I recognized that cape

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Speaking of the tournament arc, we are one chapter closer to the end of the arc.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
[ G O O D C H A P T E R ]

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My boy Suiryuu knows that beautiful things are best when they're shiny and new.

What class is this original champion again?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gouketsu is Dragon.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Have any of the S class heroes fought one other than Saitama or the lads who fought Boros' strongest general? I always forget the rankings when I am reading :saddowns:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Suiryuu's just thinking "and still, these guys are less terrifying than that one bald guy".

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Have any of the S class heroes fought one other than Saitama or the lads who fought Boros' strongest general? I always forget the rankings when I am reading :saddowns:

The Great Centipede that Metal Bat killed was a Dragon. The meteor that Metal Knight and Genos failed to destroy was technically a Dragon-level threat. I want to say there was at least one other Dragon in this Tournament/Monster Association assault arc.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EmmyOk posted:

Wasn't the giant centipede Metal Bat killed Dragon? That was a special situation though and he shouldn't really be used as an example.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
An I supposed to looking forward to this arc ending? cos this is rad as poo poo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Metal Knight and Metal Bat fought against the Elder Centipede, a Dragon (and a seemingly upper class one at that) but failed to beat it.

Metal Bat also killed 2 Centipedes, but they were Tiger and Demon respectively, if I recall.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Genos also fought against Asura Kaubto a bit, but Genos wasn't a hero then.

Genos and Metal Knight also tried attacking the meteor, but that's not really a monster despite being Dragon class.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

sharktamer posted:

An I supposed to looking forward to this arc ending? cos this is rad as poo poo.

I think people were looking forward to it ending because there have been some not so rad parts and what we see later is insanely good too, but surprise surprise, turns out ONE knew what he was doing and the past two(?) years have elaborated on events to come in a meaningful way.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

For some reason I thought Metal Bat only fought the mid-tier centipede, I wonder how Elder Centipede got away from Saitama two years ago. Thanks for the info guys! I reread Metal Bat's chapters just there and goddamn that's the thing I most want to see animated, easily the coolest S-Class.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
The one Tatsumaki dropped a meteor on in the anime might have been Dragon? Boros' ship probably was too.

I'm not sure about the usefulness of a ranking system where the second of four outclasses all but the top few heroes. Wolf was an unofficial rank, right?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mordecai posted:

The one Tatsumaki dropped a meteor on in the anime might have been Dragon? Boros' ship probably was too.

I'm not sure about the usefulness of a ranking system where the second of four outclasses all but the top few heroes. Wolf was an unofficial rank, right?

Nah, I'm pretty sure Wolf -> Tiger -> Demon -> Dragon -> God is the official ranking of the Hero Association.

The one that Tatsumaki dropped a meteor on seemed to have been from the same type of group as the Sky King and the Sea King and the Ground King (I think he mentions waking up because of their disappearance), which would put him at high Demon level at least, I'd think.

Maybe he's low Dragon, I dunno.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Mordecai posted:

Yeah, but Boros' ship was destroyed when Saitama accidentally wrecked up the power core so it's another thing he did the work on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sharktamer posted:

I think most of the other people here are burnt out on tournament battles.

I'm easy to please and haven't thought OPM has had a bad arc yet.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Pretty sure that the people excited for this to end are the ONE readers who really want to see the next part adapted.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love this page

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love this page

Tiger Fist you say?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i'm glad Suiryuu is a chill guy staying the path of a prettyboy, please be safe brother

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I didn't realize how huge that akuma guy was until they were flying between his legs

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tap my mountain posted:

I didn't realize how huge that akuma guy was until they were flying between his legs

Yikes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love this page

I love the visual pun with the "void" literally eclipsing the sun.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
What

The sun is in the upper left

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

AnonSpore posted:

What

The sun is in the upper left

Yes, I misread the panel. I mistook the dark circle in the center as some kind of anime dust cloud at first (covering up the sun so only the corner poked out), but it's actually a hole in the cloud layer caused by Nazi-man's deflected energy blast.

The pun works either way, as the void in the clouds has revealed the sun.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This chapter is extremely good and my opinion of the tournament arc had been turned around since Saitama and Suiryuu first faced off.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
I hope Saitama comes back soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ouch!