Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Manoueverable posted:

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I definitely am not opposed to bringing giacomini back

poo poo yeah.

Kalli posted:

Where all the child prostitutes at?

I never realized how much Henry Winkler resembles Jerry Sandusky. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Henry Winkler owned in The Waterboy

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Henry Winkler owned in Arrested Development

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Eli Wiggum posted:

Henry Winkler owned in Clifford: Puppy Days

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

Where all the child prostitutes at?

Id youre ever bored watch george foreman knock people out on youtube. Motherfucker hit so hard in his day still cool to watch.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Id youre ever bored watch george foreman knock people out on youtube. Motherfucker hit so hard in his day still cool to watch.

Google George Foreman vs Ron Lyle and thank me later.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Its up there for me with Ali frazier I in my most watched.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

BlindSite posted:

Its up there for me with Ali frazier I in my most watched.

It might be the perfect heavyweight fight, at least from an entertainment perspective and what you want to see out of big guys. Just two guys wading in and throwing bombs, and it goes back and forth and both guys are in real trouble multiple times...seriously everyone should watch that fight if they like any sort of punching sports.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

That was like the NBA All Star game, both sides said "gently caress defense, lets just do highlight reel offense the whole time".

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If big boys throwing caution out the window and just slugging each other tickles your fancy might I suggest an old kickboxing match between Ray Sefo & Mark Hunt.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

If big boys throwing caution out the window and just slugging each other tickles your fancy might I suggest an old kickboxing match between Ray Sefo & Mark Hunt.

Takada and Frye 1 as well.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Okung is gonna hit the market. Option was declined.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Miss

U

Coach

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1238478

"I think we did set a record for coaching there the longest under the present ownership," Harbaugh said, according to KNBR. "I take pride in that. Maybe there should be an endurance medal, a courage medal, for that."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eli Wiggum posted:

Henry Winkler owned in The Waterboy

So did Jerry Reed.

"The only thing better than a crawfish dinner... is five crawfish dinners."

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.
Gronk apparently gives zero fucks now on the commissioner and him coming to Foxboro:

Gronk via NESN posted:

“To tell you the truth, I really don’t think so,” Gronkowski said. “The fans are nuts, they’re wild, and they have the Patriots’ back no matter what. They have Tom (Brady)’s back. I’m telling you, (Goodell) wouldn’t get through the highway if our fans saw him. So I don’t think he can even land in the airport in Boston, because Patriots fans are the best fans. They’re the most loyal fans. I’m telling you, they might just carry out Roger themselves. He couldn’t even get to the stadium in Foxboro if he landed in Boston.”

Source: http://nesn.com/2017/02/roger-goodell-not-welcome-at-gillette-stadium-rob-gronkowski-says/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hello Glennon my old friend

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey what's tiki barber been up to

Tiki Barber posted:

“Cam Newton is the kind of quarterback who, he’s not going to make the risky or stupid throw,” Barber said on CBS Sports Radio’s Tiki and Tierney. “That means his completion percentage is lower. He doesn’t feel like that kind of quarterback, but he is that kind of quarterback. He’ll throw the ball away before he’ll take a sack or throw it into bad coverage, which is good. But it also makes him a kind of one- or two-trick pony. I’m throwing the deep ball or I’m firing it into Greg Olsen on a seam route or whatever it may be, or I’m tucking it and running it. So you become a one- or two-trick guy. So Jordan Rodgers is stating the obvious, but he said it in a way that actually makes a lot of sense. Kirk Cousins is actually the more viable option. Kirk Cousins will sit in the pocket and find his guy and read a defense and know pre-snap where he’s going to go with the ball, and if something breaks down, he finds his check-down back.

“So yeah, of course you take Kirk Cousins over Cam Newton, even though Cam Newton was MVP,” Barber continued. “With Cam Newton, you get an MVP season one year and you get what the hell we saw in 2016. What do you want? I’m not sure I want that roller coaster. I’ve seen that roller coaster – not with one guy, but with multiple guys over the course of my career. With Cam Newton, you’re getting year-to-year volatility. With Kirk Cousins, you haven’t had that. It’s been pretty consistent.”

Oh. Yeah that makes sense.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Well he did say he would throw the ball away instead of forcing it into coverage, so it does make sense.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

hey what's tiki barber been up to

Oh. Yeah that makes sense.

That makes perfect sense, when you throw the ball away you don't get a completion, when you throw a risky throw sometimes you get a completion, sometimes you get an interception. If you avoid the risky throws by throwing the ball away then yes, your completion percentage will definitely be lower.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
The Kirk vs Cam debate can be put to bed, thank you Tiki.

Year to year volatility vs consistency...for two years...

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is there a world where cam ever throws the ball away because I would love to live in it.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Tiki is a dipshit tool but he's very right about Cousins being amazing at staying in the pocket, keeping his eyes downfield, and finding an open man. I really think that's the one trait that consistently separates good QBs from bad.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The truth is you don't want Cam Newton because the refs unashamedly want him to die, and defenses are more than happy to oblige them.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

sean10mm posted:

The truth is you don't want Cam Newton because the refs unashamedly want him to die, and defenses are more than happy to oblige them.

The issue with Netwon is that his threat as a danger is integral to his game, and if you take that away, either because you want to protect him more, or because he will age faster than your average pocket passing QB, he is no longer in the franchise QB tier.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Guys. Please.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Cam is a physical danger that is too scared to jump on the drat fumble

A paper tiger

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Technically a paper panther, but yea

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

cam newton is garbage

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Comp picks are out

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

server is busy.

there we go.

KC with a 3, 5, and two 6s.

I don't think there's ever been this many 3rd round comp picks.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

In case server barfs again:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Cleveland back up to a record breaking 16 picks as is stands. I can remember goons saying it wouldn't happen.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Cincy should've gotten a third.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

weird Asian candy posted:

Technically a paper panther, but yea

Figuratively a paper panther, technically a large, black man with an outsized personality that rubs white dudes the wrong way.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Cleveland back up to a record breaking 16 picks as is stands. I can remember goons saying it wouldn't happen.

It'll be the most people Cleveland has disappointed since November 3

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jets getting a 3rd for Snacks is pretty nice. Also, picks can now be traded.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Woo Rams get to ship that 3rd round compensatory pick(100) instead of number 69 overall to the Titans as part of the Goff trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A 5th rounder for losing Akiem Hicks? Cool

11 3rd rounders being handed out means there's probably a problem with the algorithm not adjusting for contract values enough.

• Locked thread