Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

vehk posted:

Is there still room in the tribe on 178? The private server I was playing on has turned into a rubber banding lag fest so I'm thinking of starting out new.

Yeah just hop into Discord @ discord.fuckgoons.com and the 178 Crew will get you hooked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Demiurge4 posted:

RIP that base when someone summons Set on it.

This seems unlikely given that I've been building it in local/co-op with some friends, but god only knows what they'll add to the game in the future :shobon:.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'd like NPC hordes attacking your base after you get to a certain size. That would be dope.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
Has anyone figured out how NPC spawn blocking works? We built on the plateau above the SE side of the Set city and no NPCs spawn on the 2 parallel roads along the south there where the carpenter is supposed to spawn.
All the rocks and resources spawn as normal between our base and the city, the Set priest and friends spawn nearby, but that entire southeastern section is just empty.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whatever fix they put in for it didn't hack it, NPC spawns are still easily broken, including the religion teachers. One server I think I saw people building on top of the pirate ship town.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hi Goons!

Now, Taylor Swift and a bunch of other complete fuckwits shitted up the Rust thread with their private server bullshit. I'm sure they're here to do it again!

So remember, gently caress those guys and just play the drat game. Come here to talk about it. Don't play with a bunch of dickheads if you don't want to!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Tony Montana posted:

Hi Goons!

Now, Taylor Swift and a bunch of other complete fuckwits shitted up the Rust thread with their private server bullshit. I'm sure they're here to do it again!

So remember, gently caress those guys and just play the drat game. Come here to talk about it. Don't play with a bunch of dickheads if you don't want to!

Ooo. I've never done one of these before, I'm so excited!

Ahem.

Nice meltdown. :smug:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

The drama has me edging come on more bullshit guys

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God
I've never played any of these types of survival games, but one of my buddies and I are both Robert E. Howard and Conan film fans, and this is looking really fun. We're probably going to wait for it to be a bit further along in early access, but does it seem like it would be a fun game to play single player and co-op? Can you maintain multiple single-player saves that will store all of world and character data? And is it possible for my buddy to to drop into my saves and vice versa?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
You can have one singleplayer save at a time. I think you can host that save, but not sure. Googled this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1e8OrFNnEM

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Saxophone posted:

Nice meltdown. :smug:

e; lmbo had to look up his posts, I remember him now. He was the one trying to claim Vanilla Rust was good and then did a psychological analysis on why we play modded. It was good.

Thread was going so well until someone came in and bitched about drama :ironicat:

Taylor Swift fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 24, 2017

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Oh wow, Legendary The Worst Thread poster Tony Montana is now posting in this thread too. This thread is going places and its going to take the game with it. I cant wait.

vobre
Sep 13, 2014
Has anyone figured out how to get ceiling tiles to snap to the top of a gate properly? The bottom of the gate wants to align with the CENTER of foundation pieces but the top wants to have ceiling tiles snap at the EDGE. So then you have a ceiling and floor that are offset and there are gaps and you're gonna have a bad time.....

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

The Easy Rider posted:

I've never played any of these types of survival games, but one of my buddies and I are both Robert E. Howard and Conan film fans, and this is looking really fun. We're probably going to wait for it to be a bit further along in early access, but does it seem like it would be a fun game to play single player and co-op? Can you maintain multiple single-player saves that will store all of world and character data? And is it possible for my buddy to to drop into my saves and vice versa?

I suspect that you can quite easily copy the save and move it back if you want to switch worlds, but there is no support for doing so automatically.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Man they have to be wiping official servers soon right? There's not a single productive thrall camp anywhere on the map in the asia servers.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Tony Montana posted:

Hi Goons!

:smuggo:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Matlock posted:

Man they have to be wiping official servers soon right? There's not a single productive thrall camp anywhere on the map in the asia servers.

This is the same for US servers too. BTW, all of bases on 178 have been wiped by exploiting spergs. They literally built their base from stolen admin created t3 building mats and exploited to get past the green death wall which has resources near their base. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy they "raided" to get the admin cheated t3 building mats also didn't have god tokens or anything else crazy.

I really want a wipe to the officials just because of all the salting. Let alone the admin key on officials was also hacked/leaked last week so most of the US ones are really hosed up because of that.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 25, 2017

methamphetamine
Oct 4, 2004
Is there any reason to build tier 2 or tier 3 buildings? It seems like the only way to play the game right now is to build on a cliff and remove the stairs behind you. If the glitches allowing people to jump past these stairs are now gone (is that true?) then the only way to destroy a cliff base is to summon gods on them. And since gods destroy tier 3, it seems like it doesn't matter whether you have tier 1 or tier 3 walls on your base.

Also, I've been playing on 178 under the name Jash for a while -- I hang out in the northwest. Didn't want to get too caught up in the galactic battles that are going on with LLJK. If you see me I'm a goon friend or if anyone here is small fish and wants to join me come let me know.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

methamphetamine posted:

Is there any reason to build tier 2 or tier 3 buildings? It seems like the only way to play the game right now is to build on a cliff and remove the stairs behind you. If the glitches allowing people to jump past these stairs are now gone (is that true?) then the only way to destroy a cliff base is to summon gods on them. And since gods destroy tier 3, it seems like it doesn't matter whether you have tier 1 or tier 3 walls on your base.

Also, I've been playing on 178 under the name Jash for a while -- I hang out in the northwest. Didn't want to get too caught up in the galactic battles that are going on with LLJK. If you see me I'm a goon friend or if anyone here is small fish and wants to join me come let me know.

It doesn't because you can't defend a base any other way. Ideally you would start with a cliffside base and expand out with tier 2 and 3 materials when you can make them. But if you can't break any thralls to guard your base (because every thrall camp is completely empty) there's nothing stopping people from raiding.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Matlock posted:

It doesn't because you can't defend a base any other way. Ideally you would start with a cliffside base and expand out with tier 2 and 3 materials when you can make them. But if you can't break any thralls to guard your base (because every thrall camp is completely empty) there's nothing stopping people from raiding.

First off, thralls suck dick and can't fight worth a poo poo. Also Gods are extremely easy to farm up and allows the "alpha" clan to wipe anyone at will.

The only defense from being raided is building small, on top of a huge rear end mesa that no one can see from the ground besides the stairs. Like, don't even build foundations or walls. Just plop down crafting stations.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Snatch Duster posted:

First off, thralls suck dick and can't fight worth a poo poo. Also Gods are extremely easy to farm up and allows the "alpha" clan to wipe anyone at will.

The only defense from being raided is building small, on top of a huge rear end mesa that no one can see from the ground besides the stairs. Like, don't even build foundations or walls. Just plop down crafting stations.

You seem angry.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Matlock posted:

You seem angry.

Uh no? The game is very early accessie. The only counters in the game to mesa bases are gods and exsplosive jar rock climbing, which both are easy to get. Once you and your guys hit 50 there isn't much holding you back from wrecking any fort.

Which at that point you realize you don't need a base or fort. Just Set shrines and t2/t3 thrall pits where ever you plan on farming/raiding. Once you're 50 you are free from the need of a base.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Snatch Duster posted:

Uh no? The game is very early accessie. The only counters in the game to mesa bases are gods and exsplosive jar rock climbing, which both are easy to get. Once you and your guys hit 50 there isn't much holding you back from wrecking any fort.

Which at that point you realize you don't need a base or fort. Just Set shrines and t2/t3 thrall pits where ever you plan on farming/raiding. Once you're 50 you are free from the need of a base.

why didn't funcom balance it properly

why aren't all the key functions in place yet

it's almost like the game is still in active development and things will be added and streamlined as they go along

super weird, the store page should have indicated the unfinished status of the game, i wonder why they didn't do that :iiam:

if only we had some warning that we were accessing an unfinished game early :magical:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 27, 2017

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Whoa there's no need to be so defensive when discussing current game mechanics. We can be real, here

:coffeepal:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

it's almost like the game is still in active development and things will be added and streamlined as they go along

super weird, the store page should have indicated the unfinished status of the game, i wonder why they didn't do that :iiam:

if only we had some warning that we were accessing an unfinished game early :magical:

Its almost like I put that in the second sentence. I said the game was very early accessie. Can you not read?

Also are you all reading my post like I am mad? I am saying how you can play the game for max griefing. Lmao you all are retarded.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 27, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

No you shut the gently caress up dad

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

:cmon: Git Gud at reading

Titus Vespasian
Jan 31, 2015

"The body of a dead enemy always smells sweet."
I can't seem to tell a black rhino from a grey until it starts kicking my rear end. I wish they'd make the difference more obvious. There isn't anything beside shade of color to distinguish them is there.

Also, anyone looking for a care-bear pve, no-drop, 3X, long day/short night, almost all locations still open, always up, etc. you might try 74.91.115.148:7777

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The admin of my server wiped everything without warning, cool.
That kinda kills all motivation to play.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

I'm having a blast on the new Asia officials, but when and if this poo poo gets wiped or whatever I'll probably exclusively stick to ~4-5x servers, like I did with ARK, or see if I can somehow hook up with goons, despite there being no asia goons vOv

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah my base kept getting raided every night and I just kinda stopped bothering. I only get an hour or 2 at a time and spending that rebuilding a base just to have it destroyed for no gain (it's literally just some walls and storage boxes) felt like a waste of time. I'll come back to the game when things are more balanced cause it is legit fun.

Does that mean my tears have been harvested or something?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What you should do, which kinda goes against the purpose of these games, is focus on leveling to 50. Once your 50 then build your base with t3 poo poo on hard to reach places.

Yea grinding levels like it is a Korean MMO might not be fun or your style of play, but it's the most efficient way of spending your time on a PvP server. Build a 1x1 poo poo shack next to a spider cave/NW city/pirate ship with a bed in it. Once you hit level 38 take explosive jars and create and dismantle them over and over again. If you have enough tar, you should go from 38 to 50 on a 1x server in 2 hours.

Edit: not telling you how to play the game, just saying what the most effective thing to do on PvP servers which aren't focused base building but player vs player.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 27, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Christ that sounds loving terrible.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Christ that sounds loving terrible.

It is.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Snatch Duster posted:

I am saying how you can play the game for max griefing. Lmao you all are retarded.

You know what a retard really does? Cries about griefing. :wooper:

Honestly what other reason is there to play lovely games like this?

Oh boy, my friends and I are harvesting bugs in the woods together, better watch those kCals/hour, oh boy, my naked friends and I are going down to the river to fill our water jugs, because we're thirsty,

oh boy, my friends and I are building giant autism forts because you know, reasons

If I wanted to play Hyborean/Ukrainian/Rusty/Generic Forest Dwelling Construction Worker Online, I'd move to eastern Europe.

Taking advantage of other people's sunk cost fallacy and robbing them of their time and effort is what keeps games like this going and popular. What do you really want, some kind of sandbox survival Geneva Convention?

Fail that I guess you can just server hop until you find people who won't be mean to you though, eh? :smuggo:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 27, 2017

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Popete posted:

Yeah my base kept getting raided every night and I just kinda stopped bothering. I only get an hour or 2 at a time and spending that rebuilding a base just to have it destroyed for no gain (it's literally just some walls and storage boxes) felt like a waste of time. I'll come back to the game when things are more balanced cause it is legit fun.

Does that mean my tears have been harvested or something?

You're not a pubbie so your tears dont count.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

Oh boy, my friends and I are harvesting bugs in the woods together, better watch those kCals/hour, oh boy, my naked friends and I are going down to the river to fill our water jugs, because we're thirsty,

oh boy, my friends and I are building giant autism forts because you know, reasons

If I wanted to play Hyborean/Ukrainian/Rusty/Generic Forest Dwelling Construction Worker Online, I'd move to eastern Europe.

Taking advantage of other people's sunk cost fallacy and robbing them of their time and effort is what keeps games like this going and popular. What do you really want, some kind of sandbox survival Geneva Convention?

Fail that I guess you can just server hop until you find people who won't be mean to you though, eh? :smuggo:
Lmao you still salty that goons don't play on your server. Hahahaha stop with your lovely pointless drama kimsemus and go play eve.

Edit: forgot, nice meltdown.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 27, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Kimsemus posted:

This is why we need to stop high school bullying, folks

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Snatch has been doing Gods Work hellowning pubbies so hes ok to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Snatch Duster posted:

Lmao you still salty that goons don't play on your server. Hahahaha stop with your lovely pointless drama kimsemus and go play eve.

Edit: forgot, nice meltdown.

Says the guy who had a meltdown and ragequit the goon server, and REEEEEed in Discord for hours all because someone came and knocked down his t1 pillars :smuggo:

• Locked thread