Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, honestly part of the impetus in including Sweet/Vicious in my post was that Google scrapes these forums for search results so it'll show up. RENEW IT PLEASE!

All I want is three seasons maybe and my fantasy ending of Jules/Ophelia being caught, then vindicated via jury nullification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I personally think the first half of Hannibal s3 is the best thing the show ever did. Its literally the pinnacle of everything the show had been working towards up until that point, and it's so goddamn bizarre and audacious. Not my fault Lyman be takin my comments out of context!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Escobarbarian posted:

I personally think the first half of Hannibal s3 is the best thing the show ever did. Its literally the pinnacle of everything the show had been working towards up until that point, and it's so goddamn bizarre and audacious. Not my fault Lyman be takin my comments out of context!

It's my favorite part of the series too. Fuller could have done a mike drop at the last scene of of that arc and the story would have been perfect.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

More people should watch Hannibal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eghxpdav3vo

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Please tell me this how they promo all western prestige drama's.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=murI8Hrlpck

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Holy poo poo, that is legitimately amazing :swoon:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

American Gods finally has a air date, April 30th.

Edit: I know this was asked forever ago but Netflix will have season 2 of BCS up March 27th.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 23, 2017

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Season 1 of the X-files is an amazing study on Tell, Don't Show.

And yet it was still amazingly cutting edge (Twin Peaks was probably pushing the envelope further back then). We've come a long way in terms of not just production values but writing techniques/quality as well.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

kaynorr posted:

And yet it was still amazingly cutting edge (Twin Peaks was probably pushing the envelope further back then). We've come a long way in terms of not just production values but writing techniques/quality as well.

I know for a fact it gets a lot better in terms of budget and presentation in season 2. As a little kid the first episode I saw was uh, the one with gross worm parasites exploding out of boils? Scared the hell out of me. But I think even tiny Lurdiak wouldn't have been all that impressed by the episode with the guy who can allegedly stretch and squash through tiny openings that they never show do anything like that except have his face be on the other side of a vent.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

There are a few episodes in season 1 that are still really effective. I'll hold up Beyond the Sea as one of the best episodes of that whole show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Whelp, if you happen to be a weirdo with a SeeSo subscription My Brother, My Brother and Me is up.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmaooooo their commercials are ripped straight from blingee

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Whelp, if you happen to be a weirdo with a SeeSo subscription My Brother, My Brother and Me is up.

It's up in FILEZ places now too for people like me who want to pay for it but are literally unable because US-only nonsense

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

muscles like this! posted:

Hey, SeeSo also gets you Take My Wife, which is worth the $4/mo alone, as well as Monty Python and A Bit of Fry & Laurie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, if you're willing to spend the money MBMB&M is still really funny. It's amazing how many people are will to play along with their shenanigans.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I think they have some sort of demo/affiliate program, I was able to get a free month with a link from a subscriber friend which is good because I only really care about MBMBAM.

bring back old gbs posted:

lmaooooo their commercials are ripped straight from blingee

The great thing is that AXN was a co-producer on Hannibal, so this is them promoting their own original programming.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First ep down, not as good as the spiders one but still a ton of great laughs. Justin is becoming my favourite brother I think

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Finished season 4 of Orange is the New Black. Holy poo poo, that was a good season. But also way, way darker than the show has ever gone before. The even numbered seasons are the best so far, but hopefully that's not a pattern and the next season is good too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Season 1 of the X-files is an amazing study on Tell, Don't Show.

"Mulder, we both know that werewolves don't exist."
"Yes, Scully, but what I'm presupposing is... maybe they do."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

Finished season 4 of Orange is the New Black. Holy poo poo, that was a good season. But also way, way darker than the show has ever gone before. The even numbered seasons are the best so far, but hopefully that's not a pattern and the next season is good too.

I tweeted a guess and a plot for next season and one of the writers tweeted back and said it was a great idea!

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

https://twitter.com/themiltron/status/738618427909111808

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

I tweeted a guess and a plot for next season and one of the writers tweeted back and said it was a great idea!

What was your idea? Spoiler if you want.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

What was your idea? Spoiler if you want.

It seemed obvious that the reason the warden didn't mention Pussey's death in the press conference was because her father asked him not to. Remember he called him first. So Tastee loses her poo poo and incites a riot to get Pussey justice and it ends up not being what her actual family would have wanted.

I don't know how close of a guess it was but the writer (I checked their credits) said it was good!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, I think last night's Man Seeking Woman completed the collection with Bruce McCulloch as the ER doctor. They've had all the Kids in the Hall guest star.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

It seemed obvious that the reason the warden didn't mention Pussey's death in the press conference was because her father asked him not to. Remember he called him first. So Tastee loses her poo poo and incites a riot to get Pussey justice and it ends up not being what her actual family would have wanted.

I don't know how close of a guess it was but the writer (I checked their credits) said it was good!

That is actually a really good guess. Holy poo poo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Ah I actually thought something very similar. Good call.

I always like when writers take fan ideas and make them canon, like Supernatural and Chuck being God.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

"Mulder, we both know that werewolves don't exist."
"Yes, Scully, but what I'm presupposing is... maybe they do."

It's pretty great how fast Scully becomes the idiot of the pair. "Hey Scully, what about that incredible unexplainable thing we just saw, much like the 200 others we saw in previous episodes? Pretty crazy how it made us levitate 40 feet in the air and vaporized an entire town." "Eh, that was swamp gas"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Eh, it varies from episode to episode whether she's being dumb.

God I just remembered that new season that got made :barf:

I can't believe how bad it was.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Was it a ratings success? I feel like it was super popular. Did the masses get soured on it or was that just the super fans/internet nerds that got upset? Is there going to be more?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Looten Plunder posted:

Was it a ratings success? I feel like it was super popular. Did the masses get soured on it or was that just the super fans/internet nerds that got upset? Is there going to be more?
The premiere got crazy ratings but then people realized it was crap so it dropped to average numbers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The comedy episode with Kumail was good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

That is actually a really good guess. Holy poo poo.

A similar series of events (minus the prison setting) occurred in my real life so when I saw the similarities I was like "this would make total sense."

Also I can't discuss OITNB without posting my favorite scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO94rhKJAR8

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Wasn't that episode written during the original run?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mu Zeta posted:

I wish Kumail didn't abandon The X-Files Files.

feedmyleg posted:

Wasn't that episode written during the original run?

No. But they got Darin Morgan, the guy who wrote all the best quirky comedy episodes of the original run, to write it.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The sopranos thread won't let me post in it so I'll ask here

How did it come out that Tony sees a shrink? I think he told Carm and then she let it slip but I'd love to know if anyone had a timeline of who found out from who?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
What do you guys think of Legion? I watched about 45 minutes of ep1 and don't think it's for me but maybe if it changes after that ??

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

The sopranos thread won't let me post in it so I'll ask here

How did it come out that Tony sees a shrink? I think he told Carm and then she let it slip but I'd love to know if anyone had a timeline of who found out from who?

I thought it had something to do with AJ blurting it out to Junior -- but it's been a couple years since I watched it last.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

wormil posted:

What do you guys think of Legion? I watched about 45 minutes of ep1 and don't think it's for me but maybe if it changes after that ??

Second episode slows down and explains what's going on a bit better, but if you're not into episode 1, chances are the show's just not your speed. This sucker came out fully formed.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Did Carmella tell his mom? Junior found out from Livia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Did Carmella tell his mom? Junior found out from Livia

AJ got suspended from school and was made to help Livia as punishment. He let it slip then.

• Locked thread