Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Can't wait to see what exciting heroes we get in Advance Pack 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
So, the non-boss Summon artifacts are all trash now?

At the very least, these seem to have Summon damage so low as to be inconsequential against something with just more dps stats:
  • AIM Dispenser
  • Raptor Stone
  • Latverian Regalia
  • Luke's Chain
  • Wundagore Clay
  • Nutso

Can anyone with a better knowledge of the underlying math confirm so I can just vendor all this junk?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4100716#Comment_4100716

ZodiakLucien
Jul 27, 2013
more dev drama?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malhavok posted:

I really don't understand the whole spirit = armor mechanic they added to iceman (previously on psylocke and emma), it does absolutely nothing. Even gearing for spirit, which would be absolutely dumb since it does nothing else, it's completely gone in one hit. It needs to multiply all spirit by 10 to even be noticeable and even then it would still be poo poo. A 900 dmg shield in cosmic anything is utterly pointless.

aka Psylocke

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

malhavok posted:

I really don't understand the whole spirit = armor mechanic they added to iceman (previously on psylocke and emma), it does absolutely nothing. Even gearing for spirit, which would be absolutely dumb since it does nothing else, it's completely gone in one hit. It needs to multiply all spirit by 10 to even be noticeable and even then it would still be poo poo. A 900 dmg shield in cosmic anything is utterly pointless.
Welcome to all my feedback on Colossus, except half your damage bonuses and talents aren't also tied to you having full armor.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
So is the game good yet or is it still a boring timewaster?

reinstalling since i have nothing better to do for a good 9 days

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

malhavok posted:

I really don't understand the whole spirit = armor mechanic they added to iceman

if you do start understanding it please help gaz figure it out

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Dizz posted:

So is the game good yet or is it still a boring timewaster?

reinstalling since i have nothing better to do for a good 9 days

its worse now

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

malhavok posted:

They didn't want to turn them into straight up Deadpool so they had to do something with primary resource. Particularly with Psylocke, who I don't even know if you can spend it any other way (lol if you take the talent to let Iceman spend his). It's fine and Iceman at least is a better character for the change, though not because of the armor itself.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Ghostlight posted:

Welcome to all my feedback on Colossus, except half your damage bonuses and talents aren't also tied to you having full armor.

You tried to help improve Colossus? After trying him out, I offer you my goondolences.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That was before they nerfed his armor. I've since moved my best gear off of him because why bother when his best non-sig nuke costs him 60% damage reduction and does a third of the damage of my Magneto's basic.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I AM THE MOON posted:

its worse now

Hey man, I play with a controller and zoomed in all the way, this game is perfect now.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is server side xp multiplicative or additive?

If I have 200% synergy and Mystic Mayhem is at 63% server-side, am I at 363% or 489%?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's supposed to be multiplicative.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Game dead?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Servers will be back up Soon™

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ghostlight posted:

It's supposed to be multiplicative.

Sounds like it's time to burn every gourd I can get my hands on.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toshimo posted:

Sounds like it's time to burn every gourd I can get my hands on.

So sad I can't unbind costume cores for free anymore, though, but 2 molecules per hero isn't the end of the world since you usually get 1 or 2 per prestige from story boxes now.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Toshimo posted:

If it's on the list in the patch notes, it's deliberate.

I don't see where it is on the patch notes if it's there.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Zerilan posted:

quote:

JUGGERNAUT
The following powers have had their forced animation times reduced and can be cancelled earlier:

Round of Applause
Big Headbutt
Earthquake
Big Elbow Drop
Sunday Punch
Wrath of Cyttorak
Barroom Brawling

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
How does that significantly lower the damage though?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Zerilan posted:

In the general attack animation section it mentions that powers that had their animations changed also had their damage tuned, then it later lists BED as having the animation changed. So it indirectly is in there.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Oh, so a ton of powers in the game took a damage nerf?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Grinning Goblin posted:

In the general attack animation section it mentions that powers that had their animations changed also had their damage tuned, then it later lists BED as having the animation changed. So it indirectly is in there.

This. If they made a power cancelable earlier, it generally got the damage decreased to compensate. Damage Per Click is lower, but Damage Per Second should* have remained the same, since you can attack faster.

It does not help that they have also been catching improperly tagged powers during this process and removing the incorrect tags. This kills the crab. They also routinely omit that from the patch notes.

*GAZILLION

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
That sucks then. He's the only hero I have unlocked and the build I've been using while leveling has been constant elbow drop spams.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Zerilan posted:

Oh, so a ton of powers in the game took a damage nerf?

They claim their intention was for the canceling change to be DPS neutral, so that characters would have the same overall damage output but still feel snappier.

Obviously with BED at least they completely screwed that up.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Any strategy to cosmic prestiging now?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Scoss posted:

They claim their intention was for the canceling change to be DPS neutral, so that characters would have the same overall damage output but still feel snappier.

Obviously with BED at least they completely screwed that up.

Are you saying that they may have poo poo the BED?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Any good Jugg builds that dont' focus on BED for most of the aoe damage?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SERPUS posted:

Don't.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I think Mr. Gaz spilled some water on the server today. I lost all my prestige levels and my teamups were reset to level 1, some items now give +0 to stats, and some items are just completely blank with no stats at all.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I can confirm that this is a pretty great strategy.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Remember your ABC, Always Be Cosmicing

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Zerilan posted:

Any good Jugg builds that dont' focus on BED for most of the aoe damage?

permanent sig juggs

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

:getin:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

shades on the face
a chainsaw in each hand
and a nullifier in my pants

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004

Well the reason I ask, is that I tried it once and quit at level 52. I want to finish it up. Is my best bet to just stack as many xp things and grind taskmaster still?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Stack XP and grind terminal legendary quests if you've finished the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SERPUS posted:

Hauki posted:

I can confirm that this is a pretty great strategy.

This is, in fact, the proper way to do it.

Ghostlight posted:

Stack XP and grind terminal legendary quests if you've finished the story.

Actually, I think with the release of BUE, Story XP Rewards were reset. All my characters are 60, and they all get the Go To The Raft mission in the tracker, and a pop up from Maria Hill telling me to go there.