Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Trast posted:

There is video of it on youtube and it is hilarious. Just endless krogan laughter and explosions.

Every time I tried it, Wrex and Grunt got sync killed by brutes and banshees. I'd never seen a brute sync kill before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Performance improvements are usually the last thing to go into software before its release.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Uh so I just finished playing the Citadel DLC on my stream and: holy poo poo! The writing and cinematography put it WAY above any other moment or set piece in ME3, save maybe Earth.

My only regret is that I saved it for the end of my playthrough. I would have loved to have a sweet crash pad for more of the game.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

IcePhoenix posted:

There's a ton of stuff coming out today from the press event held a week or so ago where a bunch of people got a good amount of hands on time with the game.

e: here's a reddit thread with a bunch of them - https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5vq0qp/embargospoiler_discussion_thread/

and here's a comment that summarized a lot of them - https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/5vq0qp/embargospoiler_discussion_thread/de4a760/

quote:

Shepard’s gender affects Andromeda’s story somehow.
No importing of the trilogy’s save files.
:confused:

quote:

Game starts out quickly with the introductory sequence takes place on a toxic planet.
Great, another MOBA.

quote:

Autosaves seem generous and Ryder respawns 1 to 2 mins before they he/she died.
Hm. I wonder how that's going to work in practice.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Autosave? Are you telling me they took out quicksave?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Hm. I wonder how that's going to work in practice.

Sounds a lot like the first Halo. Generally worked well, occasionally hosed you over hard if you were low on resources.

New video has allayed my fears of ol' puddin-face Ryder. Facial animations are still going to be uncanny valley dead eyed monstrosities I bet, but combat looks fun.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Boru posted:

Uh so I just finished playing the Citadel DLC on my stream and: holy poo poo! The writing and cinematography put it WAY above any other moment or set piece in ME3, save maybe Earth.

My only regret is that I saved it for the end of my playthrough. I would have loved to have a sweet crash pad for more of the game.

But it doesn't do anything.

It's best played as the end cap to the trilogy, just the way you did it.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Boru posted:

Anything to do with Earth is hot garbage in ME3 especially the London section at the end. The only good part is in the beginning section when the Normandy shows up and then when the kid's shuttle gets lasered right before you jet off to Mars.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqBXQVxS-qk STEVE!!!!!!!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
They can easily just have you fill in a checkbox about your SHepard being a sex.

DarkHorse posted:

Sounds a lot like the first Halo. Generally worked well, occasionally hosed you over hard if you were low on resources.

New video has allayed my fears of ol' puddin-face Ryder. Facial animations are still going to be uncanny valley dead eyed monstrosities I bet, but combat looks fun.

So we're actually NOT getting quicksaves? I don't like that one bit.
Also, it's not uncanny valley - it's just poor animation. They don't look uncomfortably human, they just looked shoddily and incompletely animated with regards to their faces.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
You heard about Commander Shepard?
  • What, that he's the first human Spectre?
  • What, that she's the first human Spectre?

It's not the first time they've done things like that; the save files in ME1 were done before the end of the game so you had to answer questions at the start of ME2 to fill in some gaps.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Yeah I got that it won't affect anything, but then again which decisions really do in the game? :downs:

But man, just being able to run with my Garrus & Wrex squad one last time was the BEST feeling. That and the boatload of ME1 references they dropped in. Good stuff.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Drifter posted:

They can easily just have you fill in a checkbox about your SHepard being a sex.

So we're actually NOT getting quicksaves? I don't like that one bit.
Also, it's not uncanny valley - it's just poor animation. They don't look uncomfortably human, they just looked shoddily and incompletely animated with regards to their faces.

No idea about quicksaves. I think Halo PC let you quicksave too?

I'd argue it's still uncanny valley, because when they talk but don't emote, their eyes don't move, their brow and eyebrows express nothing, it's eerie and off putting.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Trast posted:

There is video of it on youtube and it is hilarious. Just endless krogan laughter and explosions.

link please

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's something like Cora was MShep's previously unknown ex-girlfriend and spends the game pining after him until you cure her with your dick because no homo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Boru posted:

Autosave? Are you telling me they took out quicksave?

Why would you think these are mutually exclusive? Games have both all the time

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It just sounds like the autosave system every Mass Effect game already has, explained in poor reddit type fashion.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Why would you think these are mutually exclusive? Games have both all the time

True. Autosave is a weird thing to bring up exclusively in an interview, I suppose. Then again, I always forget that other gaming platforms exist that AREN'T PC's, so I guess there you go.

Other sidenote cause I'm still chuffed with Citadel: the dialogue was positively Wheddon-esque, which I loved. Just the right amount of smarm and meta awareness.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Boru posted:

True. Autosave is a weird thing to bring up exclusively in an interview, I suppose. Then again, I always forget that other gaming platforms exist that AREN'T PC's, so I guess there you go.

Other sidenote cause I'm still chuffed with Citadel: the dialogue was positively Wheddon-esque, which I loved. Just the right amount of smarm and meta awareness.

I never played Citadel, because it came out long after I gave up on ME3, but I recently watched the section with Traynor in the tournament, and the action letter-boxing was hilarious.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Have they said anything about being able to rebind stuff on PC yet? I really don't want to get stuck with a "one button does everything" problem again. Well thinking about it have they said anything really about the PC version?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

marshmallow creep posted:

I never played Citadel, because it came out long after I gave up on ME3, but I recently watched the section with Traynor in the tournament, and the action letter-boxing was hilarious.

Citadel is the best part of ME3. And the funniest part of the Mass Effect Universe.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah, you can hotkey functions to the keyboard or mouse buttons on PC, including Profiles that controller users have to use the Radial Menu to access.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

marshmallow creep posted:

Yeah, you can hotkey functions to the keyboard or mouse buttons on PC, including Profiles that controller users have to use the Radial Menu to access.

sweet jesus, I'm sold then. bring on the new combat and the same old bad animations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Monowhatever posted:

sweet jesus, I'm sold then. bring on the new combat and the same old bad animations.

It's a new engine so at the very least there should be new bad animations.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's a new engine so at the very least there should be new bad animations.

It's Bioware, you know they'll squeeze in a [hunches over and shakily holds hands around head] somewhere.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

If someone doesn't fold their arms and lean to their left I'll be very disappointed.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I'm still a fan of turning head and walking in that direction off screen. A Bioware staple.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I like the bar animation where Shepard stand about a meter back from the bar, leans awkwardly forward to drink, then shakes his head like he's never tasted booze before and awkwardly steps back another meter away from the bar when hes done. I also like the angry storm in walk finished by tilted sideways leaning pose.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
No more Shepard Shuffle.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

comatose posted:

I like the bar animation where Shepard stand about a meter back from the bar, leans awkwardly forward to drink, then shakes his head like he's never tasted booze before and awkwardly steps back another meter away from the bar when hes done. I also like the angry storm in walk finished by tilted sideways leaning pose.

Shepard is a secret undercover geth skinbot

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lycus posted:

No more Shepard Shuffle.

Now we'll have the Ryder... Rhumba?

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

comatose posted:

Having played SWTOR and ME so much, I am eminently familiar with the 'wave hand in the air vaguely while explaining things/offering side quest'.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

orange juche posted:

Shepard is a secret undercover geth skinbot

The true ending to the Mass Effect series is finally revealed.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

comatose posted:

To destroy the Reapers...this platform must also be destroyed.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Just started another ME2 playthrough and I really like where Shepard leans on a rail to talk to Garrus but remains 2-3 inches off of the rail.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

comatose posted:

If you rationalize the dead faces and bad animation as geth spies the whole series gets a lot more fun.

E: They should give dialogue options for "Undercover Geth Spy" along with bog standard paragon/renegade/milquetoast noncommittal dweeb

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Kibayasu posted:

Now we'll have the Ryder... Rhumba?

Rough Ryder. Ryding Dirty.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

orange juche posted:

If you rationalize the dead faces and bad animation as geth spies the whole series gets a lot more fun.

E: They should give dialogue options for "Undercover Geth Spy" along with bog standard paragon/renegade/milquetoast noncommittal dweeb

"THIS COMMERCE FACILITY IS THE FAVORITE LOCATION OF THIS UNIT IN THE CITADEL."

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'm still a fan of turning head and walking in that direction off screen. A Bioware staple.

This was so bad/hilarious in ME1. In many cases it felt like a scene in a movie where they forgot to say cut and then just left it in. I loved it.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

My favorite bioware animation is the hand wringing but the hands dont actually touch each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I always liked "shift weight back, cross arms, slightly tilt head"