Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i had a run that was completely godlike where i had the shovel, extended melee, and kills make you reload faster but i died to some dumb bullshit or whatever im not mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The nice thing about dy8ng to stupid poo poo in this game is runs last 5 mi utes

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

The yeti doesnt exist

are you series? it eats you at the end of every run!!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yeah at least you can get back into action really quickly and dropped guns on early levels are good enough unlike gungeon

i dunno why i didnt enjoy this that much back when i first played did anything change i remember you had the chicken unlocked from the start

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I ignored melee weapons completely for about 20 hours and now I use them pretty much every run. I love them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

That feel when 7 skip laser vrains and the chest on 7 3 has an energy sward fuuu

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i remember i used to use the chicken exclusively her katana was cool

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The katana IS cool evem tho its about as bad as the wrench

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

chicken was the first character i used and i played exclusively in bullet time because i was very bad

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i just want to find the shovel every run with the kills reload faster mutatiomn

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yes... yes! yes!! YES!!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

- yung venuz

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

ArfJason posted:

yeah at least you can get back into action really quickly and dropped guns on early levels are good enough unlike gungeon

i dunno why i didnt enjoy this that much back when i first played did anything change i remember you had the chicken unlocked from the start

you probably played the game back when it had button reading psychic troll assasins (the guys with the pipes) who would deflect your bullets in your face and smack you for good measure.

thank god they got nerfed

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

those guys owned me over and over my first time playing and everyone in the stream was like "well they used to instakill you, attack you instantly from waking up and be a lot faster" like what the hell lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I won!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

oh my god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

The real Nuclear Throne starts here

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

When I saw this I was about to quote and say oh my god and then scrolled down and you already said it for me. That being said, Oh my god

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

not using the yv sidebar/crosshair combo :sad:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

:prepop:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

oh my god

oh poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so big bandit randomly popped up on 1-1 and???

i made it through and it put me on 3-3 with a pistol e: made it a timg also the music was badass

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 24, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he spawned right next to me and i nearly threw up my heart

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the music for the level is a collab between the music dude for this game and baranowsky, who made the music for crypt of the necrodancer and isaac. that guy is a god

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

extremebuff posted:

he spawned right next to me and i nearly threw up my heart

lol. its a dope secret

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

extremebuff posted:

so big bandit randomly popped up on 1-1 and???

you wanna see some really crazy poo poo?
try beating big dog with a cursed weapon

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

extremebuff posted:

the music for the level is a collab between the music dude for this game and baranowsky, who made the music for crypt of the necrodancer and isaac. that guy is a god

he also did super meat boy, dude makes some real good tunes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://clips.twitch.tv/bn03/FineFerretPazPazowitz heres my first attempt at the final boss lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

shotgun shoulders is so downplayed in the description. it makes shotguns loving CRAZY i pick it up and ignore anything else i see if it pops up

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

shotgun shoulders is bad because shotguns are bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

*finger twitches instinctively to the ban button, eyes narrow* careful...

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

oddium posted:

You are a clown.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oddium posted:

i think you're alright, but if you say poo poo like this, youll be seeing some bouncy rear end pellets coming your way

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*holding R1 with the auto shotty on 5-3 for 10 seconds and everything including lil hunter dies without me aiming (this really happened ppl who watched my stream can confirm)* shotties are bad

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hmm consider this. if you take shotgun shoulders you can't also take two of Bolt Marrow/Boiling Veins/Laser Brain/Long Arms without heavy heart appearing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

yikes

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the weekly from a week or two ago that started you with melting and crown of luck and a wave gun and the first decent mutations u get were boiling veins, throne butt, and shotgun shoulders allowed me 2 get the melting alt costume and cheevo so i'm thankfu 2 shotgun shoulders

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolt Marrow is the #1 weapon specific mutation for sho [mclovin voice] fo sho

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
does bolt marrow enhance splinter guns at all
i like splinter guns but the mutation just doesn't seem to make them work all that differently, seekers and regular crossbows i definitely notice though
it doesnt affect heavy crossbow much but just lol to using that janky thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

I Said No posted:

does bolt marrow enhance splinter guns at all
i like splinter guns but the mutation just doesn't seem to make them work all that differently, seekers and regular crossbows i definitely notice though
it doesnt affect heavy crossbow much but just lol to using that janky thing

It enhances all bolt weapons. Splinters home as much as regular crossbows, heavy crossbow not as much but still significantly and even the discs veer slightly and slow down on enemies.

• Locked thread