Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Retail is a good comic. The corporate retail culture is an endless well of absurdity and Feuti captures it almost perfectly.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

You know what I hate most about Luann? Les has specifically stated several times in both stern and nice tones that he prefers being called Les, not Leslie, yet every-loving-body in the strip still calls him Leslie because he's the MEAN OLD BULLY MAN AND WE ALL MUST poo poo ON HIM CONSTANTLY. No one IRL calls someone by their given name instead of their preferred name unless you wanted to piss them off on the playground of elementary school or are just a real piece of poo poo scumbag, which is what most of the cast in Luann is.

Also, Gunther is an even bigger piece of poo poo than Les. Grew some stubble and now suddenly he's the loving Marlboro Man. Give me a break.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, scheduling fuckery is one of the most irritating parts of retail jobs. And my stories are relatively minor:

- When I worked retail in high school, I had to keep telling my boss that, no, I couldn't work shifts in the morning on weekdays. Why? Because I was in freaking high school! I wasn't going to skip class for that poo poo job.

- When the summer of my senior year ended, I tried to be nice and gave my boss four weeks notice. He turned around and said 'No, that's not enough time to find a replacement. I need you to work for at least another six weeks.' Considering that would overlap with my first week of college, I politely told him to gently caress off.
The only real story I have about getting screwed on scheduling during retail was when I gave one sales job I had my two week's notice...and then the next day my manager calls me and tells me he was told to "let me go" right away

That was the job where I did sales on 3% commission...but only on tales where the total was $200 or up. If it was $199.99, I didn't get a dime. Some of the sales people would, when faced with a $199.99 sale, would "buy" some one-dollar candy bar for the customer (on the customer's bill) to get it over $200. That's not counting the ways that non-sales people were able (and expected) to steal commissions from the sales staff, because corporate thinking was "if the salesperson wasn't able to get to that customer, he didn't deserve getting the commission".

That whole job was a cavalcade of bizarre bullshit.

(Never work commission. Ever.)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Eat the Rich

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Q3xRsZY00

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
1: cat mutilation is never funny, Ripley.
2: why did you draw those black things around it? Looks like batwings.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

1999 Spider-Man, featuring special guest Hanzo Steel

I'm pretty sure samurai don't work like that. I'm also pretty sure I don't care. :allears:

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

WickedHate posted:

I'm pretty sure I mentioned that back when I was posting it! Not that a reminder isn't good.

There's new Honey Come Chatka too for anyone who wants to see what the gang has been up to.

ugh I like it but I'm too lazy and stupid to read through that format are you sure you can't keep posting it

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

I would consider Les's comment rude and sexist except that Gunther has been going out of his way to be an absolute shitstain for the whole evening, so Les should go right ahead and try to hurt his pwecious feewings.

And Pru is willing to let Les think he's her boyfriend because he buys her things. It has nothing to do with her alleged naievete. She has at no time made any attempt to discourage his attention or even told him she's a lesbian. She is a bad person. That is all.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

I read this one with the same voice I use when reading Everett True and as far as I'm concerned they're the same person.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

I would consider Les's comment rude and sexist except that Gunther has been going out of his way to be an absolute shitstain for the whole evening, so Les should go right ahead and try to hurt his pwecious feewings.

And Pru is willing to let Les think he's her boyfriend because he buys her things. It has nothing to do with her alleged naievete. She has at no time made any attempt to discourage his attention or even told him she's a lesbian. She is a bad person. That is all.
On the one hand, yes, Pru should have been a bit more honest when Les called it a date after showering her with gifts. On the other hand, it's more than a little weird to call someone your girlfriend after one not-really date.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I give Les and Tiffany alot of passes, because of what we know about their lovely childhoods.
Les has some rough edges, but gently caress, all he'd need, probably, is ONE loving PERSON willing to reach out to him.
Tiffany and Les are the more realistic, and relatable, people than anyone else in the strip.

Whats the twitter for Luann? I want to twit some tweets at it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Get it? "Worth your time"? Get it? Huh?

Rex Morgan MD

OK I know no one will believe this but I kind of saw this coming too. I mean I knew there was a high likelihood he didn't die on the plane. I did have some hope that he did though.

Secret Agent X-9

So I guess Dr Morton just operated on him with no anesthesia so LaMarr could be sure he didn't just knock him out and call the cops.

Also lol at changing fingerprints.

Apartment 3-G

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

Also, Gunther is an even bigger piece of poo poo than Les. Grew some stubble and now suddenly he's the loving Marlboro Man. Give me a break.

More like the More Boring Man

because he sucks

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Endless Mike posted:

On the one hand, yes, Pru should have been a bit more honest when Les called it a date after showering her with gifts. On the other hand, it's more than a little weird to call someone your girlfriend after one not-really date.

Most of these characters are like 18 and still dumb as heck

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Dolly, that's a nostril

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Strontium posted:

Dark Side of the Horse
Internet was down.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Been catching up on the thread and missed the Funky saga at the BMV. HOLY poo poo he can gently caress right off. I actually work at one and I get this same treatment from asshats like him all day. "Why do I need a birth certificate? Me being here proves I was born" while at the same time they would side glance someone in a hijab and then say we were giving them preferential treatment Everyone gets the same treatment dipshit :ssh: or getting pissed when they let their license lapse for YEARS and we have the gall to follow the law and ask for a written and drive exam. Don't get me started on title fraud I see everyday but he's ranting about licenses so I'll leave it with that topic.

These comics are the epitome of "rules are only for those we don't trust and I should not be personally inconvenienced in any way" :rant:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

You'd probably hate my ideal world where everyone gets re tested every ten years or so then

So would I when my turn came around buuuuut eh

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
On the flip side, you'd be less likely to die from a grandpa who mixed up the gas pedal & brakes. :v:

Too bad old people vote, and they're the ones mandatory retesting would piss off the most.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Whats the twitter for Luann? I want to twit some tweets at it.

There doesn't seem to be one. There's an official Facebook fan page linked from GoComics, but I have no idea who runs it. Probably someone at GoComics rather than Greg or Karen.

On the other hand, there is a fake Luann Twitter account, and it is wonderful.

https://twitter.com/LuannDeGroot/status/806158316510527488

https://twitter.com/LuannDeGroot/status/828616080352501760

https://twitter.com/LuannDeGroot/status/834776008507154432

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Aardmania posted:

[Dick Tracy

I am so glad the deformed weirdo whose face is basically a cat's rear end didn't get snuffed. (Once I got interested in Dick Tracy, I was surprised to find out how many of the "iconic" villains got straight up deaded with no takebacks)

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Shugojin posted:

You'd probably hate my ideal world where everyone gets re tested every ten years or so then

So would I when my turn came around buuuuut eh

I wouldn't on a personal level, professional oh yeah I would. Complaints would increase ten fold and our drive examiners and tests stations are taxed to the limit as is. And they deal with some of the WORST people and have to trust complete strangers behind the wheel on a daily basis :smith:

Practically anything can get blown up in our faces, and the vast majority of the time it really isn't our fault, we just are the bearer of bad news or just point out blatant stupid poo poo you are trying to cheat about. White out on address proofs or titles doesn't fix things people, it just makes us ask a hell of a lot more questions

Edit: sorry about the rant, just some pent up poo poo after reading that comic.

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 24, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Pastry of the Year posted:

I am so glad the deformed weirdo whose face is basically a cat's rear end didn't get snuffed. (Once I got interested in Dick Tracy, I was surprised to find out how many of the "iconic" villains got straight up deaded with no takebacks)

It's my worse nemesis, Anusface! And it's just a guy with a leaky, inflamed rectal sphincter for a face.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Mother From Another Country

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Some Guy TT posted:

I have no idea why she's calling it that considering that the Mother From Another Country is obviously not Canadian.

Could Ottawa be the family name, like 오타와 ?

(I screwed around for five minutes trying to figure out how to assemble the hangul syllables before I realized I could plug that into google translate)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Calaveron posted:

It's my worse nemesis, Anusface! And it's just a guy with a leaky, inflamed rectal sphincter for a face.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

Could Ottawa be the family name, like 오타와?

(I screwed around for five minutes trying to figure out how to assemble the hangul syllables before I realized I could plug that into google translate)

As in her family name? It's possible. I've never heard of that being a family name before though. Her husband and son's family name is 변, which creates a weird pun I have no clue how to translate. The son's name reads as 변기통 or "bathroom wastebasket", and it took me a minute to realize that was actually his name.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set finds hope amidst the rubble.

Working Daze sucks up.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is sadly topical.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

BigglesSWE posted:

1: cat mutilation is never funny, Ripley.
They didn't say it was funny.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug
I always figured Ripley's hailed from the tradition of carnival freakshow gawking, but from a more whimsical, less cruel angle.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Lasagna Cat has updated, and…

Wow.

Twelve new strips/videos, a FOUR HOUR collection of their sexual partners survey, and this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

This is just insane.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug
They're all completely next level compared to their previous stuff. Make sure to at least skip to the last 7 minutes of the survey vid.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

WindyMan posted:

This is just insane.

http://garfcom.biz/

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

http://shampoofantasy.com/

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Hope you're ready for six months of Jam Esallen's lovely take on The Most Dangerous Game.

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Pooch Café

• Locked thread