Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ugh I only care about COD when it has lasers and double jumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

I hope it's not WWII...

Vietnam, actually.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gamer shame: I have never played Ys and I know almost nothing about it other than it's a cool fast-paced action-RPG. Is there a best one to start with on PC?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oath in Felghana is the go to for that, the remake of Ys III. It was my first one as well.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Harrow posted:

Gamer shame: I have never played Ys and I know almost nothing about it other than it's a cool fast-paced action-RPG. Is there a best one to start with on PC?

If you want classic Ys bumping-into-monsters style action, then Ys 1+2 Chronicles.
If you want more modern action-RPG style action that's kinda like a top-down Castlevania, then Ys Origin. Then Ys 1+2 Chronicles after that, since Origin is a prequel and everyone should play Ys 1+2 imo. Just keep in mind that they are very different games gameplay-wise.

Some people will tell you Oath in Felghana, which is a remake of Ys 3, but I never really liked either version of that game. The original was a side-scroller that was a Zelda 2-esque break from the style of 1+2, and the remake is similar to Origin but not as polished because it came out a few years previous. I won't say you shouldn't play it, but I would temper your expectations on that one.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 24, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only reason I hesitate to recommend Origin first is that the entire game takes place in a single tower and it could probably be a little too sandy for a first comer. Oath has a fun variety in locations and such, more of your classic lava level, jungle level etc.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training posted:

Ugh I only care about COD when it has lasers and double jumps

They called the fourteenth Call of Duty Call of Duty 5

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My first ys was MoC and it ruled

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

In Training posted:

The only reason I hesitate to recommend Origin first is that the entire game takes place in a single tower and it could probably be a little too sandy for a first comer. Oath has a fun variety in locations and such, more of your classic lava level, jungle level etc.

Origins is also super badly balanced by comparison and you can't even fight the final boss unless you play the game twice.

Used to be worse though, used to have to play as Hugo before you could play as Thor :gonk:

Oath got some rough spots but it's a LOT better overall.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually prefer origins in the long run, I like the bosses a lot and im on my third playthrough. Hugo gets a lot of poo poo but I don't really think his play style is horrific

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I can forgive a lot of Origin's issues based solely on the fact that it manages to have a Water level that's actually one of the best parts of the whole game.

Unfortunately Yunica is the character I actually like in the game so pretty much any time I hit the 2/3 mark I want to immediately quit the game because it just falls off a steep cliff immediately after that point. Thor holds up a lot better but I don't really enjoy playing as him much.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm watching hat films play farming simulator 17 and I'm loving fascinated especially watching them "logging"

but I can't decide if I'd actually enjoy playing the game for myself

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yo I'm playing through Night in the Woods right now and it's DOPE SO FAR!!!!

I think it's interesting how just about every dialogue choice you have to respond to things is just two bad replies that never actually help the situation. There's so many times where I'm like, "what no I don't want to say either of those things!" but they make sense for the character. The writing is great

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

apparently somethingawful.com is on the list of sites affected by the cloudflare breach so yayyyy time to change passwords again

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FirstAidKite posted:

Always name Frog >> Glenn, Marle >> Nadia, and Robo >> R66-Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANepZTX_RcE&hd=1

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

apparently somethingawful.com is on the list of sites affected by the cloudflare breach so yayyyy time to change passwords again

I don't even know what my password is...

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If someone wants to steal my SA account, go ahead

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

f

that is a corpse, right?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

i hope its a cia desk job simulator

1. Support morally bankrupt dictator.

2. Support militant extremists.

3. Botch assassination attempt.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

2017-2018 could be full of fives

Call of Duty 5
Battlefield 5
Assassins Creed 5
Fallout 5
DOOM 5
Uncharted 5
Deus Ex 5
Half Life 3 (aka the fifth half life)
uhhh Thief 5? idk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i hope its a cia desk job simulator

I would love to play a game like this. And no Spycraft: The Great Game doesn't count

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just read this and right now Google just randomly told me in Chrome and on my phone to sign in again and I'm scared

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

xedo posted:

Is Mirror's Edge Catalyst worth $10? I enjoyed the first one.

It's the same as the first but with faster movement and an open world that has linear campaign missions, side missions and time trials. I thought it was great and easily worth the full price I paid for it on release, but I love any game like it and Dying Light or Sunset Overdrive where the main focus is in the movement and all the traversal options at your disposal.

I hope it gets a sequel one day that fixes its shortcomings, but supposedly it sold just ok and the hardcore crowd hated it, so I doubt EA will bother with the franchise again.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

They called the fourteenth Call of Duty Call of Duty 5

They called the third Xbox the Xbox One. It's a wild world we live in..........

2017-2018 could be full of fives

Deus Ex 5
uhhh Thief 5? idk

Don't play with my heart like that.

GUI fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 24, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Another breach? What the heck?! Also, source? This is the first I've heard of it.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 24, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just read this and right now Google just randomly told me in Chrome and on my phone to sign in again and I'm scared

I had to sign in to Chrome and my phone again today, too. Huh. Well in those cases I've got two-factor on my side at least.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

Another breach? What the heck?! Also, source? This is the first I've heard of it.
https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/02/cloudflare-cloudbleed-bug-exposes-sensitive-data-who-is-affected/
https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Yo, thanks for the heads up. First time I've changed my password on SA, and I should probably do it more often.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm a little hurt SA isn't considered a notable site

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dude you've had like 6 years to get used to that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every goon I know posts on something awful dot com!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Something Awful, home of the Slenderman

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I still remember our glorious rivalry with FARK.com

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

If this dead gay comedy forum is going to take up all of my freetime, everyone deserves to know about it. :colbert:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Time to update your Newgrounds and Penny-Arcade passwords everyone.

Also your blip.tv info.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

For serious though, thanks for being a fun place to hang out and chat about games - this place is my favorite place on the internet to chill.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Totally not gonna change my password cause it gives me an excuse for when I make a bad post.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

All Your Base sure was relevant.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/Reaprar/status/834979270552334336

Lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm the dummy who cares about the overarching plot of the ys series and how everything will hopefully tie together some day since there have been plenty of hints since ys 6 regarding how the various different civilizations all tie together in one way or another.

I'm also the dummy who wants them to just remake 5 already so I can play that and be like "oh ok" since I think 5 is the one ys game that hasn't had an english release yet (that I know of at least)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm the dummy who cares about the overarching plot of the ys series and how everything will hopefully tie together some day since there have been plenty of hints since ys 6 regarding how the various different civilizations all tie together in one way or another.

I'm also the dummy who wants them to just remake 5 already so I can play that and be like "oh ok" since I think 5 is the one ys game that hasn't had an english release yet (that I know of at least)

I care about the overarching plot insofar as Adol should never get on another boat again.

• Locked thread