Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey MoMA, at least you didn't have to pay Derek $8,000 for him to give you nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Space Crabs posted:

Hey MoMA, at least you didn't have to pay Derek $8,000 for him to give you nothing

:drat:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MoMa
Just made the toxx
Sent braincells into shock
Like a twice-right broken clock

MoMa
Keyboard warrior
It's time to throw the jpegs all awayyyy

MoMa
Oooooh
Did you mean to be that guy
Projecting all your rage on a messageboarddddd

*furious kazooing*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

TEH KILRaTHI!!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

aleksendr posted:

Looks like a kitbash of all other reworked ships. Hornet turret, Racer wings, Cutlass nose + bits left from a random sprue.

This is one of the worst desing they ever put out.

It's a dumb, generic, stupid space jet shoved into a price point that makes it directly compete with all the other dumb, generic, stupid space jets. It's about as blatant a money grab as you can possibly get, and if the idiots backers throwing money at CIG had half a brain they would realize that there's no way the Hurricane ($175), Super Hornet ($180), Khartu-Al ($170), and Sabre ($170) can all occupy the same price point and combat-oriented role without at least one of them being comparatively dogshit. Never mind the wailing and gnashing of teeth if cheaper dedicated fighters like the regular Hornet ($110), Buccaneer ($110), Gladius ($90), Reliant Tana ($65), or Mustang Delta ($65) turn out to be just as effective for less money. Or if the difference between a single-seater ship at a multi-crew ship like the Constellation Taurus ($150) make it so that you're better off going with a Taurus.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

peter gabriel posted:

TEH KILRaTHI!!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

OMG they are clipping though the walls send hel

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

peter gabriel posted:

OMG they are clipping though the walls send hel

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a dumb, generic, stupid space jet shoved into a price point that makes it directly compete with all the other dumb, generic, stupid space jets. It's about as blatant a money grab as you can possibly get, and if the idiots backers throwing money at CIG had half a brain they would realize that there's no way the Hurricane ($175), Super Hornet ($180), Khartu-Al ($170), and Sabre ($170) can all occupy the same price point and combat-oriented role without at least one of them being comparatively dogshit. Never mind the wailing and gnashing of teeth if cheaper dedicated fighters like the regular Hornet ($110), Buccaneer ($110), Gladius ($90), Reliant Tana ($65), or Mustang Delta ($65) turn out to be just as effective for less money. Or if the difference between a single-seater ship at a multi-crew ship like the Constellation Taurus ($150) make it so that you're better off going with a Taurus.

Just so everyone is aware, if you ever find yourself in a position where $65 gets you either a Mustang or a guy running up to you from across the street as fast as he can and kicking you so hard in the genitals that he falls over, again and again for an hour, do not take the Mustang

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

THE HULL IS BREACHED put on your underpants and cap and depart into space to survive

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

The following video is a metaphor for MoMA's arguments that Star Citizen will be released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBLt6Kd9EY

They keep getting blown away

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Just so everyone is aware, if you ever find yourself in a position where $65 gets you either a Mustang or a guy running up to you from across the street as fast as he can and kicking you so hard in the genitals that he falls over, again and again for an hour, do not take the Mustang

From my experience with free grief weekends the stupid as gently caress looking wings on the mustang make it well suited for flipping over freshly spawned chariots. It's not a bad forklift

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its me, I'm the dumb nerd that bought 8000$ worth of spaceships and then started to whine on an online forum, crying because some game dev somewhere called "my" game mean things.

:(

gently caress, at least toxx yourself regarding CIGs future endeavous, you wimp.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
Derek's theatrics led to me learn more about Star Citizen, and subsequently make the decision not to buy in. Which is to say, Derek helped me not make a 40 dollar mistake. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has benefited from Derek raising Star Citizen's sketchiness profile.

I choose to believe that this positive byproduct of Derek's actions goes a long way to making up for his shenanigans, and I thank him for his service.

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

ewe2 posted:

MoMa
Just made the toxx
Sent braincells into shock
Like a twice-right broken clock

MoMa
Keyboard warrior
It's time to throw the jpegs all awayyyy

MoMa
Oooooh
Did you mean to be that guy
Projecting all your rage on a messageboarddddd

*furious kazooing*

Because jpegs never matter

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well Jokes on you idiot, because in the realm of imagination whichever ship is your favorite is the best one!

So you can sell something to every possible demographic

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

:captainpop:

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sound to me that you don't understand the simple balance game of Paper, Scissors, Rock ,Tickle, Knitting Needle, Kick to the Groin, Wavy Hands, Pledge Money.

You know, it's a perfectly simple game that is balanced as.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What if they just made all of those ships indistinguishable in performance because their flight model is poo poo and their combat system is hilariously broken?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I was always under the assumption that Derek was not going to sue anyone. When he claimed his blog would cause legal action it seemed to me that he was contemplating making a devastating claim, and that CIG would then sue him for libel. During the process of discovery in the proceedings for the libel case against Derek more damaging information for CIG would be brought to light. That is how I interpreted it, at least.

:same:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I was always under the assumption that Derek was not going to sue anyone. When he claimed his blog would cause legal action it seemed to me that he was contemplating making a devastating claim, and that CIG would then sue him for libel. During the process of discovery in the proceedings for the libel case against Derek more damaging information for CIG would be brought to light. That is how I interpreted it, at least.
This is what I was assuming since Derek can't sue CIG for breaking the TOS after they refunded him. But CIG won't do poo poo because they're avoiding a court at all costs and will just fold to refund demands as soon as any legal action looks slightly possible.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Welp, there goes the game.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

AP posted:

ACTUAL RESULT
As you'll see by the screen shots, this is an abnormal state for the character to be in while in the seated position, flying a ship.

EXPECTED RESULT
Nothing, stay seated as per normal

I honestly cannot look at any of CIGs art or watch Star Citizen videos anymore and not hear White Lines because of Major Toms video. Mother loving Grandmaster Flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=223HFmhtOOY&t=151s

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare is having a free weekend on Steam if anyone is interested. Also, there's an open beta of the new Ghost Recon game this weekend too. These are real games that have come out or are coming out in the near future. One of them even have spaceships in it. And their combined prices are less than that of a jpeg of a spaceship you can now buy (cash only) that isn't yet available in a video game that isn't going to ever be finished.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/yzryUK9.gifv

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

AlmightyPants posted:

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare is having a free weekend on Steam if anyone is interested. Also, there's an open beta of the new Ghost Recon game this weekend too. These are real games that have come out or are coming out in the near future. One of them even have spaceships in it. And their combined prices are less than that of a jpeg of a spaceship you can now buy (cash only) that isn't yet available in a video game that isn't going to ever be finished.

Yeah, but they have dirty publishers involved, don't you know they are evil?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

MUST HAVE THAT CATTE! (despite its attitude) GIVE ME NOW!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

Made me laugh hard enough to nearly choke on coffee Peter,

Not just because it was incredibly funny, but because logically I can't fault your thinking. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Wouldn't be a proper space game without at least one really creepy 40+ y/o Japanese school girl fixated manchild playing it.

Is he a streamer? Or did he buy his way in?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

I had no idea baby zebras were so vicious!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'll :toxx: my account if Derek is successfully able to file suit (not small claims, but for the KickStarter claims he originally made) against CIG before this calendar year is over. Put up or shut up Derek.

What the hell happened at CIG today that we get MoMA over here with distraction level set at 11?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

HycoCam posted:

What the hell happened at CIG today that we get MoMA over here with distraction level set at 11?

Concept sale announced.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thoatse posted:

babybat.gif

:kimchi:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

D_Smart posted:

:negative:

ps: In my defense, Leonard Skinny was a reverse-inverse troll. And I wasn't feeling well at the time, have drunk too much cough syrup :grin:

We understand Derek. I mean, who here can honestly claim they've never called out a Vietnam vet while robotripping on the internet?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

cymelion's posting has been pretty agro recently

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

:negative:

ps: In my defense, Leonard Skinny was a reverse-inverse troll. And I wasn't feeling well at the time, have drunk too much cough syrup :grin:

i feel like this is the closest thing to an admission of defeat i've ever seen from you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Colostomy Bag posted:

Concept sale announced.

Also unconfirmed leaks that CIG is giving it's employees and streamers JPEGs for vast discounts, while reflecting the full amount on the tracker.

So $900 might show on the tracker but WTFOSAURUS or Artist Team Leader is given a free JPEG to do a giveaway, or more likely turn around and flip it on the grey market to idiots for $825 in pure profit for the seller.

MoMA shows up sperging out about a stupid toxx with ridiculous stipulations and generally making GBS threads up the place.