Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Brook :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
there comes a point in every immortal demi-being's existence where they spend a few eons going out of their goddamned mind, just to see if they fancy it

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rhonne posted:

Brook's getting cabin fever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msn9gSVVT_4

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So do we ever find out what happened to the captain?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rhonne posted:

So do we ever find out what happened to the captain?

He's dead.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Literally the exact thing I was thinking of.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sing along! I'll know if you don't!

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Binks'_Sake#FUNimation_English_Version

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

~Oh, it's a long waaaaay
to Tipperaryyyyy

It's a long waaaaay
to gooooo~

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm not crying, you're crying!

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
After all is said and done, you'll end up a skeleton :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

:qq: :qq: :qq:

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

this is, hands down, the most morose-rear end rendition of "Always Look on the Bright Side" i've ever witnessed

~Always look on
the briiiiight side of death

Just be-fore you
draw your terminal breath~

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Splinter Cell Tachikoma, now there's something I certainly didn't expect.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

"I might not look like it, but I'm a professional!"

I missed the Tachikomas :3:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to be making lots of "rampancy" jokes this series, aren't I?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I'm going to be making lots of "rampancy" jokes this series, aren't I?

actually, pretty much all of the machine malfunctions in this series are directly attributable to human action, like a guy uploading his brain into an MBT or a manufactured virus compelling androids to kill themselves

AI evolution does fit into things later on- and at random times, like so- but it's significantly lower-key than it was in the movie; the show is much more about human psychology and existentialism in an age of artificial bodies and minds

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 19, 2017

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Some YouTube channels have been posting clips of the Los Angeles dub of Dragon Ball Super. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UClT6w1uRTKNs9VZTDudHhIw has a few from tonight's episode.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Triggerhappypilot posted:

On the other hand, if they are gonna show a gundam series, they don't have a lot of choices that would be better:

00: Already aired a billion years ago on Syfy
SEED: Already aired on Toonami
SEED Destiny: Ditto, and it sucks
0079: Way too old to be seriously considered
Zeta: Old, and Dub is in legal hell apparently
ZZ: hah, nice joke. Requires comprehensive knowledge of Zeta
G-Reco: Tomino is off his meds, and it probably makes even less sense than this does.
Victory: no dub, still pretty old, really depressing
Wing: Already ran
G: Already ran, REAL FUCKIN' CORNY (not a bad thing)
X: No dub, old, and it flopped in Japan anyway.
AGE: hahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhahaha no

About the only thing that I think, could work other than UC is Turn A, and while that is a great show it is very much not a robot fightin' show.

Little late, but you forgot 08th MS Team, which is short enough for Toonami to shove in somewhere (like after Jack) without tying up a whole year, and is also really good.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Strobe posted:

Little late, but you forgot 08th MS Team, which is short enough for Toonami to shove in somewhere (like after Jack) without tying up a whole year, and is also really good.

People keep perpetuating this idea and for the life of me I don't know why.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Because it is? The sappy love story is sappy, of course, but Gundam Vietnam is a lot of fun. Also Captain Norris is one of the best villains in the entire property.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I've heard good things about the War in the Pocket OVAs.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The Gouf fight is literally the only memorable part of that show and doesn't make the rest of it worthwhile on its own.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I think that Hank's Canadian neighbor from the King of the Hill episode where Boomhauer does a house swap for the summer might be the biggest rear end in a top hat I've ever seen in any form of fictional media

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

JT Jag posted:

I think that Hank's Canadian neighbor from the King of the Hill episode where Boomhauer does a house swap for the summer might be the biggest rear end in a top hat I've ever seen in any form of fictional media

"Remember when that old widow couldn't take care of her yard anymore? Who forced her to move? I did."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The guy spends his entire summer vacation in Texas lamenting about how American things suck, Canadian things are better, playing street hockey and hiding in his house away from his aggressively friendly temporary neighbors, who he actually calls the cops on for noise violations. I bet he didn't even sightsee. What a miserable dick.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, uh, PSA if you haven't already heard about this (this is probably most relevant to our Goon/Dirtnami hosts more than anything), I got this in my "crap service" email today:

quote:

You've been pwned!

You signed up for notifications when your account was pwned in a data breach and unfortunately, it's happened. Here's what's known about the breach:

Email found: [REDACTED]
Breach: Funimation
Date of breach: 1 Jul 2016
Number of accounts: 2,491,103
Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, Passwords, Usernames
Description: In July 2016, the anime site Funimation suffered a data breach that impacted 2.5 million accounts. The data contained usernames, email addresses, dates of birth and salted SHA1 hashes of passwords.

Amusingly, before they limited you to 16-character passwords, and only letters and numbers. Now they let you (and in fact require) special characters as well! And all it took was getting their poo poo jacked by script kiddies to figure out almost decent password policies. Thanks, Funimation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My Funi account is under an email I'm about to get rid of anyway.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I don't care because I don't share passwords between websites.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Don't have a funi account. I was tempted to get one.

Hey I might do something this Friday Night. If I can't figure something out, I may try to figure out how to stream the new Berserk game if anyone is interested

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I have a funi account, come at me hackers

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Important Jack News

quote:

We drew a dog's butt. Just like a circle, little asterisks, very innocent, we didn't think anything of it. We got it back, they're like, 'No dog anuses on Adult Swim.'

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
In much more important news, you might want to change all of your passwords. Cloudflare hosed up.

https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare/blob/master/README.md

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Only now am I learning how much of the internet uses CloudFlare.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So, lessee where we left off in Steins;Gate! We'll be starting at episode 13 tomorrow.

Rintaro Okabe, the self-styled Mad Scientist Hyouin Kyouma, has a weird experience one day with time travel. He and his "labmates," Daru Hashida and Mayuri Shiina, are currently working on a phone-controlled microwave that currently turns bananas into gelatin. Investigating the events, Okabe discovers that John Titor, a supposed time traveler active in the 2000s, has seemingly returned in 2010. Skeptical, he soon finds that all evidence of Titor from the 2000s has disappeared. Okabe encounters a strange woman named Moeka Kiryu who asks him for information on an old model of PC. While experimenting with the PhoneWave, a scientist named Kurisu Makise comes into the lab and gets shanghaied as a member of Okabe's crew. Upon further inspection of the PhoneWave, they discover that it's a time machine that can send text messages to the past. Learning about the LHC and Titor's claims of a dystopian future, we obviously conclude that SERN is up to no good with micro black holes, which is a similar principle that the PhoneWave uses. Hacking into SERN, they find a code they are unable to decipher, with Titor claiming that the computer Moeka wanted is key. Looking around, the maid cafe waitress Faris Nyannyan tells him that her family donated one to the shrine of Okabe's friend, the androgynous shrine maiden Luka Urushibara. Managing to get the computer, Suzuha Amane, a part timer at the TV shop below Okabe's apartment, tells Okabe to be wary of Kurisu. Gaining access to more of SERN's files, they discover news stories of people being found in a gelatin like state at different times in history, pointing to SERN doing human trials with time travel. While experimenting with what they call "D-Mails," Okabe discovers that the mails cause a butterfly effect which leaves him in an alternate timeline to the one the D-Mail was sent from, with only him retaining memories of the previous. Discovering that his current timeline is missing the old computer, an IBN 5100, he goes to Faris for more information. Turns out that Faris' family basically owns Akihabara and she'll tell him about the IBN in exchange for being allowed to send a D-Mail. She does and manages to kill anime. He also realizes that a D-Mail Luka sent caused his sex to be switched to female. Okabe begins receiving threatening text messages and discovers more about his ability to inhabit different timelines, which he dubs "Reading Steiner." Suzuha says that she's leaving Tokyo soon, which prompts Okabe to proclaim her one of his labmates and to throw a farewell party for her. Okabe and Kurisu begin to experiment with the possibility of sending a consciousness into the past, claiming less impact in the past. Suzuha claims Kurisu is a SERN spy and hey, it turns out that the lab's computers have been connected to SERN the whole time, allowing them to use the power of the LHC to send memories into the past. During Suzuha's party, she comes to blows with Kurisu, flees the lab after a bomb threat is televised, and the lab is stormed by armed men led by Moeka, who reveals herself as the SERN spy. She detains Okabe, Kurisu, and Daru before shooting Mayuri dead and that's where we leave off.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Julias posted:

In much more important news, you might want to change all of your passwords. Cloudflare hosed up.

https://github.com/pirate/sites-using-cloudflare/blob/master/README.md

Anyone know of a good random generator/password keeper? I've been meaning to update my stuff.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Does anyone else watch Fishcenter Live? They stream it at 4pm every weekday. I'm glad that they're back to a full amount of fish after the great purge of summer 2016.
So Adult Swim doesn't allow dog buttholes, but they've shown the Bob's Burgers episode where Gayle shows off her cat butthole art numerous times. That is explicit cat favoritism from them and I won't stand for this.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

get that OUT of my face posted:

Does anyone else watch Fishcenter Live? They stream it at 4pm every weekday. I'm glad that they're back to a full amount of fish after the great purge of summer 2016.

So Adult Swim doesn't allow dog buttholes, but they've shown the Bob's Burgers episode where Gayle shows off her cat butthole art numerous times. That is explicit cat favoritism from them and I won't stand for this.

That episode actually features a whole variety of buttholes!

And yeah fish center owns. Usually watch it a couple times a week.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

So, lessee where we left off in Steins;Gate! We'll be starting at episode 13 tomorrow.

Rintaro Okabe, the self-styled Mad Scientist Hyouin Kyouma, has a weird experience one day with time travel. He and his "labmates," Daru Hashida and Mayuri Shiina, are currently working on a phone-controlled microwave that currently turns bananas into gelatin. Investigating the events, Okabe discovers that John Titor, a supposed time traveler active in the 2000s, has seemingly returned in 2010. Skeptical, he soon finds that all evidence of Titor from the 2000s has disappeared. Okabe encounters a strange woman named Moeka Kiryu who asks him for information on an old model of PC. While experimenting with the PhoneWave, a scientist named Kurisu Makise comes into the lab and gets shanghaied as a member of Okabe's crew. Upon further inspection of the PhoneWave, they discover that it's a time machine that can send text messages to the past. Learning about the LHC and Titor's claims of a dystopian future, we obviously conclude that SERN is up to no good with micro black holes, which is a similar principle that the PhoneWave uses. Hacking into SERN, they find a code they are unable to decipher, with Titor claiming that the computer Moeka wanted is key. Looking around, the maid cafe waitress Faris Nyannyan tells him that her family donated one to the shrine of Okabe's friend, the androgynous shrine maiden Luka Urushibara. Managing to get the computer, Suzuha Amane, a part timer at the TV shop below Okabe's apartment, tells Okabe to be wary of Kurisu. Gaining access to more of SERN's files, they discover news stories of people being found in a gelatin like state at different times in history, pointing to SERN doing human trials with time travel. While experimenting with what they call "D-Mails," Okabe discovers that the mails cause a butterfly effect which leaves him in an alternate timeline to the one the D-Mail was sent from, with only him retaining memories of the previous. Discovering that his current timeline is missing the old computer, an IBN 5100, he goes to Faris for more information. Turns out that Faris' family basically owns Akihabara and she'll tell him about the IBN in exchange for being allowed to send a D-Mail. She does and manages to kill anime. He also realizes that a D-Mail Luka sent caused his sex to be switched to female. Okabe begins receiving threatening text messages and discovers more about his ability to inhabit different timelines, which he dubs "Reading Steiner." Suzuha says that she's leaving Tokyo soon, which prompts Okabe to proclaim her one of his labmates and to throw a farewell party for her. Okabe and Kurisu begin to experiment with the possibility of sending a consciousness into the past, claiming less impact in the past. Suzuha claims Kurisu is a SERN spy and hey, it turns out that the lab's computers have been connected to SERN the whole time, allowing them to use the power of the LHC to send memories into the past. During Suzuha's party, she comes to blows with Kurisu, flees the lab after a bomb threat is televised, and the lab is stormed by armed men led by Moeka, who reveals herself as the SERN spy. She detains Okabe, Kurisu, and Daru before shooting Mayuri dead and that's where we leave off.
People planning on watching tomorrow, don't skim this, read all of it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The thing though, is that Bob's Burgers was produced for FOX, not Cartoon Network, so their guidelines would be different. They are probably not taken into account when a show is picked up for syndication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Julias posted:

The thing though, is that Bob's Burgers was produced for FOX, not Cartoon Network, so their guidelines would be different. They are probably not taken into account when a show is picked up for syndication.

Actually they are. For example, the time they censored "Sweet zombie Jesus" in Futurama.

• Locked thread