Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I'm bummed Shovel Knight isn't getting a physical release. It's like the perfect game to put on a cartridge

They said on Twitter they might do a physical release once all the expansions are done. I would bet on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Super No Vacancy posted:

in retrospect it was funny that the whole switch presentation was like JUST STAY TUNED FOR THE ZELDA RELEASE DATE REVEAL.......! as if it was ever going to be anything than the switch release date considering they announced literally no other games for launch lol

They did that hook pretty good imo. Way better than the Final Fantasy XV presentation with the big red button.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

what is the good pre-review word on zelda? to my untrained eye it looks cool and good but i'd like to hear from folks who have played it

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I think the pre-review embargo lifts tomorrow around 9am PST. Giant Bomb at least is delaying their (East) podcast until then to give impressions

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

On the Desynch issue hows that gonna work when you have 2 players each using a single joycon to play? I can't imagine that working at all with the given info.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

On the Desynch issue hows that gonna work when you have 2 players each using a single joycon to play? I can't imagine that working at all with the given info.

should work fine with an airplane tray table, back seat of car, courtside picnic table etc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

alf_pogs posted:

what is the good pre-review word on zelda? to my untrained eye it looks cool and good but i'd like to hear from folks who have played it

The feature where the joycons don't work kind of sucks, but it should be good.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the early word on breath of the wild is that it's the best game ever made

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GOOD POSTING TIMES

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

alf_pogs posted:

A couple of people have said a few tidbits, mainly, "it's great" and "I haven't noticed any framerate issues compared to the demo build I played at (demo location)."

The preview embargo is up at 6 AM PST, and if it's anything like the Switch previews we got earlier today, we'll probably get a good idea of what kind of game it is.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

The feature where the joycons don't work kind of sucks, but it should be good.

I disagree. We must punish the joy con users because they didn't get a Pro Controller.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

my zelda hype is through the roof in case you couldn't tell. gently caress i just love video games

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Joycons only work when bomberman is purchased

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Stop kissing up to the mods.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't wait to get a pro controller in a couple weeks!

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
If pro is the opposite of con, then what's the opposite of Pro Controller? That's right: Con Controller....JOY Con Controller....

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Confirmed:
Nintendo is anti-fun.

Just kidding. The Switch will be cool and good.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

SirPenguin posted:

If pro is the opposite of con, then what's the opposite of Pro Controller? That's right: Con Controller....JOY Con Controller....

You're about 100 pages late on this one

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You know what would be funny? If the switch ends up being a massive failure and doesn't outsell the Wii U.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.ebgames.ca/Switch/Games/727733/hori-pad-wired-controller

Hori wired game pad listed at EB Games $39.99 CAD

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

romanowski posted:

the early word on breath of the wild is that it's the best game ever made
It's a game where you can get struck by lightening if you're covered in metal armor or have a metal sword. But you can also throw your metal poo poo at enemies and see them get hit by lightening.

So that's a given.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I wonder if that would work with a USB A to USB C adapter...

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

You know what would be funny? If the switch ends up being a massive failure and doesn't outsell the Wii U.

nintendo would truly be doomed then

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did Nintendo send out WiiU versions of BOTW to reporters too? Curious to see if there's going to be any comparison articles out before release.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Timeless Appeal posted:

It's a game where you can get struck by lightening if you're covered in metal armor or have a metal sword. But you can also throw your metal poo poo at enemies and see them get hit by lightening.

So that's a given.

that doesnt sound very fun

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

Did Nintendo send out WiiU versions of BOTW to reporters too? Curious to see if there's going to be any comparison articles out before release.

It is super weird that we're a week away and that's still an impossible question to google. Seems the latest news is from last month where they said the WiiU version would be 720p vs. 900p on the Switch, and that the Switch would have higher quality sounds - whatever that means

but there's also been a lot of evidence of better draw distances and frame rates, yet even that is hard to pin down as the WiiU version has been MIA since the E3 demo

really hope we can learn more tomorrow

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm a little surprised this exists. All the first-party controllers are wireless, so I wouldn't have expected built-in support for a third-party USB controller. IIRC the only wired control option the Wii U ever got was the Gamecube adapter; all the third-party "wired" options had to plug into a Wii remote.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I'm glad people just starting thinking game journalists are worth their weight in poo poo and don't phone in any research.
But go on and panic.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Neato. No NFC reader or HD rumble I bet, but that's way more reasonable than $70.

Kagemusha
Sep 30, 2005

Don't worry! I'll fix it!
Zelda Special addition at Dell: http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-special-edition-nintendo-switch/apd/a9550651/gaming

Picture looks like Wii U, but the title is Switch.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
I agree, all these controller issues independently reported by various people with access to the switch sounds like a bunch of FUD

Sounds like Sony trying to play dirty games with nintendo again

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Dell? Wouldn't have expected that.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

koolkal posted:

I agree, all these controller issues independently reported by various people with access to the switch sounds like a bunch of FUD

Sounds like Sony trying to play dirty games with nintendo again

We should have all been more suspicious after the notorious Anti-Nintendo channel, GameXplain, put out a video

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
I hope they release Bloodstained on the Switch. I'd switch my PS4 version kickstarter preorder to the.. Switch...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SirPenguin posted:

We should have all been more suspicious after the notorious Anti-Nintendo channel, GameXplain, put out a video

They just came on my radar.
Are they normally anti-Nintendo?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WE HAVE TO GET TO 1000

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Yep, this is going a be a giant problem for people who play with the joycon with their second hand covering the entire thing. Or for those cool cats who play with the controller behind their back.
I plan on playing joycons only, covered in heavy cats.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Doesn't look like dell is limiting orders.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

Yep, this is going a be a giant problem for people who play with the joycon with their second hand covering the entire thing. Or for those cool cats who play with the controller behind their back.
I plan on playing joycons only, covered in heavy cats.

it will also be a problem for people using the controller the way people normally use controllers, as reported by multiple news outlets

at least until that day one patch that also adds gamecube, netflix and metroid 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

it will also be a problem for people using the controller the way people normally use controllers, as reported by multiple news outlets

at least until that day one patch that also adds gamecube, netflix and metroid 4

So ten feet away and with both hands on one joycon. Right

Also Zelda on max settings gets 2 and a half hours. Whats max settings? Oh that's just maximum brightness. But Zelda on maximum Brightness only gets 2.5 hours doesn't sound as spoopy.

• Locked thread