Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

He just wants to ride eternal on the highways of val'halla.

Not even in a car
:mediocre:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Hihohe posted:

Hes not waiting for the bus at the ACTUAL BUS STATION BEHIND HIM YOU IDIOT ITS RAINING

Future police.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

Nature made protons and electrons but forget neutrons and let's not even talk about the constituent particles of all that.

None of that matters, you're either for or against, you can't be in the middle.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

In high school, it took me, a friend, and a Denny's waitress 45 minutes to explain to another friend that Alaska and Hawaii aren't actually next to each other. They just do that on maps to concisely show all the states.
:downs:: "How can it be so cold in Alaska when Hawaii is so warm all the time?"

This doesn't belong in the cringe link. :colbert:

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bus long?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The annoying thing is that sometimes doctors really are wrong and the underlying problem isn't the person's weight but something else so they just point to that and think it means that's true all the time.

They don't assume you're sick because you're fat to put you down or whatever, they do it because most of the time that is true. Just because you browsed webmd for an hour doesn't mean you know better than they do, even if you end up being right in the end. They still have a procedure to follow and it's always do the most obvious things first and if that doesn't work, test for the more rare ones. Expecting them to know you have some super rare disease right off the bat is unreasonable and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what doctors do and why they do it that way.

The other thing is that a hell of a lot of people fail to realize that doctors are also big on preventative medicine. Yeah a 700 pound person might have nothing but healthy vitals now but that won't last. The medical evidence is there; the heavier you are the more likely you are to develop health problems or just plain die earlier. Same with bad eating habits, smoking, drinking excessively, having a lot of unsafe sex with a lot of different people. Those things don't directly harm you but boy howdy do they increase your risk for tons of things. Yet all people see is "well I've been smoking for 20 years and don't have cancer yet, sooooooo..."

Fat acceptance folks are absolutely right that we should not be fat shaming as a society because some people legitimately can't help it. The problem is that they've included "the doctor told me I should eat healthier and exercise more or bad things will happen" in with fat shaming. That isn't fat shaming that's the damned doctor just doing their job. You pay a doctor to know things about medicine and health so they can tell you how to be healthier and fix/prevent whatever horrible health problems you develop.

Semi-related I found out that there was a Golden Corral like 2 miles away from me. Inspired by the post that I think was in this thread (I've seen the story show up multiple times on these fine forums) I went to one the first time recently and

...wow...

Holy loving hell was that guy right. I have never in my life seen so much unashamed gluttony in one place. The food was good but nothing special. Definitely not worth the price I paid but the experience was worth every last dime. The place was absolutely packed. "I had to wait for a table" levels of packed. I saw a gargantuan woman eat an entire pie, then a salad that was about 2/3 cheese, then three plates of meatloaf while lamenting that she couldn't lose any weight. She walked three whole miles last week! Three! OVER THE WHOLE WEEK!!!! While I was half way through my food I saw a small child go on a screaming, banshee-like meltdown in the middle of the aisle so long that she was still screaming and refusing to move when I left. Her poor mother just kind of stood there like "...the gently caress do I do here?" The reason? There wasn't any cabbage anywhere.

I overheard a family complain literally the entire time they were there that the ice cream machine was broken and can you loving believe it? God damned place is worthless. What kind of buffet has no ice cream? We should get this worthless place closed down. Complain to the management. They should keep that machine working at all costs so we can come here and have ice cream when we eat. They should let us eat free every meal the whole week for this. They should let everybody eat free until the machine is back on.

I swear each person went up to the lines at least ten times a piece.

I saw a gargantuan man ask if he could take the whole pot of clam chowder back with him because he wanted to just eat all of it but not have to keep coming back.

I am so going back. It was seriously like a horrible train wreck that I just had to watch unfold in slow motion. I couldn't look away.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Edit: unnecessarily rude

Wizard Master has a new favorite as of 03:43 on Feb 24, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wizard Master posted:

Nobody's going to read any of this poo poo

awwww yiisssss tfw a bottom-tier fyad posts with the normies

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
AUG thread: make your rear end in a top hat look like the front of a blowhorn

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

To be fair to the fat family, I too love ice cream

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

The Saddest Rhino posted:

To be fair to the fat family, I too love ice cream

I like ice cream too but it isn't a big enough deal to me that I'd talk about literally nothing else for a whole meal. If they don't have a particular thing I went in for I could just, you know, eat something else? That isn't that big of a deal. There will probably be ice cream in my future. I don't need to care that much about ice cream in that moment.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

teen witch posted:

As someone who is follows a lot of plus size fashion communities, Tess is either glorified as the be all end all god of fat, or called out for her WEIRD racist poo poo regarding black men.

As someone who falls hard (hah) into the latter, I just want to look vaguely put together and feel comfortable exercising without some jackass making a scene about it. I honestly feel she does more harm to us than help. Like health at any size should help bigger people feel comfortable exercising and living a healthy life regardless of weight instead of putting a cherry on top (that we can't eat, damnit) on a spectacle.

How much do u weigh?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I really question your faith in frozen treats since you consider the slurpee a poisonous substance, toxic even

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I would also be inclined to get ice cream at, you know, a different place? A place that specializes in ice cream? After the meal.

Unless you just have to have it in the form of free vanilla and/or chocolate soft serve with portion size controlled by you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Data Graham posted:

I would also be inclined to get ice cream at, you know, a different place? A place that specializes in ice cream? After the meal.

Unless you just have to have it in the form of free vanilla and/or chocolate soft serve with portion size controlled by you.

They want to mix it in with their macaroni salad and cover it in chocolate from the chocolate fountain. You just can't get that from coldstone.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I have never in my life seen so much unashamed gluttony in one place.

I saw a small child go on a screaming, banshee-like meltdown in the middle of the aisle so long that she was still screaming and refusing to move when I left.

I saw a gargantuan man ask if he could take the whole pot of clam chowder back with him because he wanted to just eat all of it but not have to keep coming back.

This sounds like the Tears in Rain bit at the end of Blade Runner.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"I've...eaten things...you people wouldn't believe.
A taco sextet with fire sauce, off the shoulder of I-80.
I watched cinna-buns glitter in the dark at the Tannhäuser bakery.
All those...meals...will be lost in time...like vegetables...in nacho cheese.
Time...to diet..."

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 04:32 on Feb 24, 2017

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

Time...to diet..."

This may very well be the most beautiful thing I have ever read.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sagebrush posted:

Time...to diet..."

*Homer scream*

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Last time I was at a Golden Corral, I found a dead ladybug in my salad.

That's my GC story.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I went once 10 years ago with my Dad when there was one next to a hotel we were staying at.

To this day we still threaten to take each other back to another one. It was bad.

But that was before I understood the entertainment value and I kinda want to go back now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Glue your labia together! says man.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kavins...w/#f003ab845172

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

well now i'm making a :stare: face in real life

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Knormal posted:

Bus long?

Country full of autists.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Country full of autists.

Minimum ten feet of personal space while waiting at the bus. This is the same culture where a dozen of them can get naked and comfortably squeeze into a tiny hot sweaty shack.

I don't understand Finland.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Feb 24, 2017

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

"C'mon ladies, just literally seal your vagina shut and you, too, can be not-crazy, like ME!"

Pretty sure Cotton Chicken Candy Nuggets is what my grandma said whenever she stubbed her toe.
vvvv

Jam With Seeds has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Feb 24, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
:mildly awkward: :geno:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

HAHAHAAHAH a loving chiropractor, of course. No one with any actual scientific or medical knowledge could have concocted this idea. :iceburn:

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Plus he apparently has no idea there actually already are options for periods outside of tampons and pads. Options that aren't a festering bacteria balm waiting to happen.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Ladies, you too can feel fresh and clean during your periods! Simply rub piss all over your super glued shut vaginas!"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Huntersoninski posted:

Plus he apparently has no idea there actually already are options for periods outside of tampons and pads. Options that aren't a festering bacteria balm waiting to happen.

I mean, he's invented a negative Diva Cup, kind of.

This is the kind of things that makes me want to do splatter-painting with my monthly leavings. Just because the idea of menstrual blood bothers this random person so much.

Also, I have a vague memory of one of the Sugarmonster posts from before she got her surgery, saying that she's had her period for over a year. Does anyone remember this?

e: oh god I just accidentally burped in the office...I AM THE AUG

Jam With Seeds
Dec 20, 2008

This man's rear end is 100% sealed shut with labia lipstick.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Jam With Seeds posted:

This man's rear end is 100% sealed shut with labia lipstick.

They make you super glue your rear end in a top hat shut in Christian summer camp.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I mean, he's invented a negative Diva Cup, kind of.

This is the kind of things that makes me want to do splatter-painting with my monthly leavings. Just because the idea of menstrual blood bothers this random person so much.

Go on...

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
Looks like I can finally get my cervix cork + ripcord business off the ground, looks like brighter days ahead for ol cosmic charlie!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I don't think that man was literally thrown anywhere at all.

• Locked thread