Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I admire the person who voted for Tite Kubo in the 4th annual Shokugeki no Soma popularity contest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Pewdiepie posted:

Stupid sexy food Hitler.

[In extremely toriko voice] It's like I'm eating nothing at allllllll

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Really not sure what direction they're taking Food Hitler's character in tbh

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Some great votes there.

Honey Mustard
Midoria Izuku
Vegeta
Sakata Gintoki

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I'm the 9 votes for squid with peanut butter.
Also the one for the Aldini mezzaluna

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Y-san from Chiba Prefecture still racking up those votes, I see.

I feel like giving them a full month to prep seems like an unusually long extension of their school trip. Then again, Totsuki apparently owns the entirety of Sapporo, so I guess its fine. And if building a stadium were as easy as in this series, we'd still have the Chargers. :sigh:

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 23, 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mulderman posted:

Some great votes there.

Honey Mustard
Midoria Izuku
Vegeta
Sakata Gintoki

Vegeta and Gintoki are God-tier husbandos, so this much is to be expected.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
There's only like 2 ways this ends.

A) The rebel scum win the shokugeki, get onto the Elite 10 and the series ends without any particular conclusion;

B) The rebel scum win the shokugeki but don't simply assign themselves the Elite 10 positions because it's "unfair" to do it that way, which results in some kind of competition where the original E10 gets their places back but agree to expel Azami from the school. They continue on as if nothing happened and have to earn shots at the same E10 members from before. For comedy purposes, Joichirou then explains this kind of hostile takeover happens a lot.

Distant third possibility:

C) The rebels lose, but the remaining members reverse their votes and choose to leave them in the school and expel Azami instead. This happens for Rindou Reasons™.

I don't think its very likely the series would keep going if Soma and his friends were allowed to simply install themselves and their friends in the Elite 10 and just continue on like its not a big deal they're the top poo poo in the school.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 23, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
C) the rebel scum wins, we're off to BLUE, now Souma gets to surpass his dad and also beat Shinomiya in an incredible display of power creep

D) have an arc in second year where an upstart 1st year tries to take over the school with healthy cooking/steal the guys' platonic girlfriends (in a plot twist it's the camera kid for both)

And the first one's actually been seeded so it's probably happening at some point

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

C) the rebel scum wins, we're off to BLUE, now Souma gets to surpass his dad and also beat Shinomiya in an incredible display of power creep

D) have an arc in second year where an upstart 1st year tried to take over the school with healthy cooking/steal the guys' platonic girlfriends (in a plot twist it's the camera kid for both)

And the first one's actually been seeded so it's probably happening at some point

I don't think they're planning to just replace the "FIRST SEAT IS THE BEST!" thing with an outside competition.

The Central 6 are stupid as gently caress for letting Azami stay on as Dean anyways. He just bet their futures and places on the Ten as part of a petty scheme to woo his high school husbando.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't think they're planning to just replace the "FIRST SEAT IS THE BEST!" thing with an outside competition.

The Central 6 are stupid as gently caress for letting Azami stay on as Dean anyways. He just bet their futures and places on the Ten as part of a petty scheme to woo his high school husbando.

I think the key thing there is it being a wager would imply they could lose.

If there's one thing we've seen about the E10 it's that they're all super confident that it won't happen, so to them this might actually come off as having no downside whatsoever.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think the key thing there is it being a wager would imply they could lose.

If there's one thing we've seen about the E10 it's that they're all super confident that it won't happen, so to them this might actually come off as having no downside whatsoever.

I mean, part of the problem with the E10 is that outside of Rindou, we know almost nothing about any of them and their motives for either supporting Azami or personal motives are completely unknown. They're basically just mooks with practically no real ability to do anything they aren't instructed to do by Azami, despite us being told that the mooks are actually in charge.

Even with Rindou we know virtually nothing about. My guess is that the only reason we know anything about Rindou at all is because the character is really popular.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm thinking the rebels lose but the elite 10 is just so impressed by their tenacity and creativity that they decide to stop agreeing with Azami.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, part of the problem with the E10 is that outside of Rindou, we know almost nothing about any of them and their motives for either supporting Azami or personal motives are completely unknown. They're basically just mooks with practically no real ability to do anything they aren't instructed to do by Azami, despite us being told that the mooks are actually in charge.

Even with Rindou we know virtually nothing about. My guess is that the only reason we know anything about Rindou at all is because the character is really popular.

Aside from Isshiki (Naked Apron-senpai :swoon:), who seems to be a chill guy, the original Elite 10 are...
  • Erina- Haughty and holier-than-thou until recently, when she just went full tsundere. Get Jouichirou-senpai to notice her.
  • Eizan- Hilarious douchebag. Best :gonk: faces. Money and getting back at Soma, that meddling kid!
  • Kuga- Was originally just a hilarious douchebag + spoiled brat. Wants to get revenge / acknowledgment from Tsukasa.
  • Nene- Boring Rei Ayanami / Yuki Nagato looking girl. Might change given the fact that she does seem to have a sense of humor. Other than that, nada.
  • Soumei- Boring arrogant Martial Arts type dude. Other than that, nada.
  • Momo- Insufferable brat. Sweet tooth and the skills to back it up. Can be legally considered socially retarded.
  • Tosuke- We literally know nothing about this guy other than he looks like a FoTNS kind-of-guy and that he's behind Rindou and Tsukasa in ranking.
  • Rindou- Best girl. A rollicking, fun kind of gal. Wants to have fun.
  • Eishi- Elitist dipshit, almost on par with Food Hitler. Occasionally hilarious in his inability to handle Rindou-related shenanigans and something of a pain in the butt.
e:Okay, Ytlaya has a point.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 23, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kuga isn't a douchebag, Kuga is a good boy.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sword Guy, Utterly Insufferable Loli Girl and Meganekko all feel like gimmick characters. I assume you could say that about Tosuke too, but he's apparently a good (?) guy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Wark Say posted:

• Eizan- Hilarious douchebag. Best :gonk: faces. Money and getting back at Soma, that meddling kid!

I'm betting this goes somehow along the lines of, "YOU MIGHT HAVE LOST AS A WHOLE BUT YOU, YUKIHIRA SOUMA, ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE TOOTSUKI UNTIL I BEAT YOU".

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A good chapter this week, with skiing Azami, angry Aizen, Momo getting bullied, and Erina finally saying gently caress you to her dad.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pewdiepie posted:

I admire the person who voted for Tite Kubo in the 4th annual Shokugeki no Soma popularity contest.

I appreciate that he isn't as popular as a pair of glasses or a knife, but I do not like that he tied Bear Hunter Guy. Bear Hunter Guy is good at what he does.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Bear Hunter Guy has great eyebrows, too.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Wark Say posted:

Aside from Isshiki (Naked Apron-senpai :swoon:), who seems to be a chill guy, the original Elite 10 are...
  • Erina- Haughty and holier-than-thou until recently, when she just went full tsundere. Get Jouichirou-senpai to notice her.
  • Kuga- Was originally just a hilarious douchebag + spoiled brat. Wants to get revenge / acknowledgment from Tsukasa.
  • Nene- Boring Rei Ayanami / Yuki Nagato looking girl. Might change given the fact that she does seem to have a sense of humor. Other than that, nada.
  • Soumei- Boring arrogant Martial Arts type dude. Other than that, nada.
  • Momo- Insufferable brat. Sweet tooth and the skills to back it up. Can be legally considered socially retarded.
  • Tosuke- We literally know nothing about this guy other than he looks like a FoTNS kind-of-guy and that he's behind Rindou and Tsukasa in ranking.
  • Rindou- Best girl. A rollicking, fun kind of gal. Wants to have fun.
  • Eishi- Elitist dipshit, almost on par with Food Hitler. Occasionally hilarious in his inability to handle Rindou-related shenanigans and something of a pain in the butt.
e:Okay, Ytlaya has a point.

And now we have to deal with 3 new members, who've only been seen in silhouette. There's gonna need to be some good introductions for them to help the personality levels of the E10.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

1 was Hayama before his loss to Souma, so unless they somehow found another member there are only 8 dudes to beat.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hate-Senpai posted:

1 was Hayama before his loss to Souma, so unless they somehow found another member there are only 8 dudes to beat.
As if Food Hitler wasn't going to cheat the hell out of this in order to get his prized Senpai.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I appreciate that he isn't as popular as a pair of glasses or a knife, but I do not like that he tied Bear Hunter Guy. Bear Hunter Guy is good at what he does.

Ooooooh poo poo, shots fired! Shots fired!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
why the hell is the secretary second most popular

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
She got a bunch of focus for a few arcs

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hisako is cute and cool and everyone has already forgotten about the part where she decapitates a live turtle to make the worst burger known to man

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Her and Shinomiya placing so high makes me think that the stagiare arc was released in volumes around the time of voting.

Otherwise it makes no sense at all

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

why the hell is the secretary second most popular

Eej posted:

Hisako is cute and cool and everyone has already forgotten about the part where she decapitates a live turtle to make the worst burger known to man

Also last time she beat Alice by exactly one vote and I think that sparked a waifu war this time around

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Eej posted:

I'd eat it. I wouldn't call it a burger, but I'd eat it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Eej posted:

i'm not gonna weigh in on the burger but the part where she just stone cold aces a live turtle was the moment i started giving a poo poo about her character

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Call me when she kills an ostrich or a shark.

EDIT: Or a crane.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I thought that turtle burger looked delicious. But then again I don't like regular hamburgers so take my opinion on this matter with a grain of salt.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I love pork belly mantous with all my heart so Hisako's "burger" looks delicious to me too.

Although yeah calling filled mantous and stuffed pitas "burgers" is a big stretch.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It occurs to me that the No You Shut The gently caress Up Dad thread icon from E/N would now be perfect for this thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I recognize Soma, but who are the other characters?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yui from SNAFU is the first gal and Maki from the OG Love Live is the last one. Don't know about the second gal.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
probably a kancolle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Patware posted:

i'm not gonna weigh in on the burger but the part where she just stone cold aces a live turtle was the moment i started giving a poo poo about her character

yeah it owned