Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Watch the T-wing thing be a complete distraction from something else highly illegal on the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

CratSock posted:

I can accept the dislike for bump noses, but are people honestly saying that this looks good?

:barf:

It makes me think of those crazy group B cars modified to run in the thin air at pikes peak. Make the air your bitch :black101:. So yes, i like it.

Come on Bernie Chase. Lets get those ground effects in for the 2018 regs, just a little skirt around that and we're THERE.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
The cars all look cool to me.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

Watch the T-wing thing be a complete distraction from something else highly illegal on the car.

Honestly the more I think about it the more I'm convinced that's the case. Mercedes have eschewed a lot of the more common aero cues that look bad like the dick nose presumably to have a car that doesn't look awful. The idea that they're now going to bolt this gangly monstrosity onto the back of their car purely for performance seems out of line with that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Renault making good progress on that power unit.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/engine-issue-disrupts-toro-rosso-filming-day-876300/

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

CratSock posted:

I can accept the dislike for bump noses, but are people honestly saying that this looks good?

:barf:

That is a loving lighting applience that takes up most of that shot

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Lots of open wheel cars look like rear end from a top angle. It's the floor that does it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

Lots of open wheel cars look like rear end from a top angle. It's the floor that does it.

Prepare to be proven extremely wrong. One second please.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Alain Post posted:

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Neat. You should post a picture from the same angle next.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dynamite Dog posted:

Neat. You should post a picture from the same angle next.

🤔

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I too like cars from a three quarter view and not bird eye.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I wouldn't press him, that car looks insane from a down angle.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Alain Post posted:

IndyCars don't. 2017 F1 cars look like they have to have a given floor area that is totally redundant. I hate to be that rear end in a top hat pining for the sexy F1 cars of the past, but that shot of the Merc looks like my lovely school project where I didn't really know what I was doing with the vacuum former and the sheet of plastic.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Wtf. The camera pods are the eyes. That is bullshit

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dynamite Dog posted:

Wtf. The camera pods are the eyes. That is bullshit

Nostrils at best, do you know nothing about the majestic oriental dragon?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was an eel.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

IndyCars don't. 2017 F1 cars look like they have to have a given floor area that is totally redundant. I hate to be that rear end in a top hat pining for the sexy F1 cars of the past, but that shot of the Merc looks like my lovely school project where I didn't really know what I was doing with the vacuum former and the sheet of plastic.

The floor is not redundant.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gently caress you, man. I'll never unsee this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

These are the best looking cars we've had in a few years. Ya'll are :350:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

These are the best looking cars we've had in a few years. Ya'll are :350:

I hate the overly complex front wings. The rest, Force India's shark fin not withstanding, is fine. A straight board like that looks fine on a LMP car, but not an f1 car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah the Force India sucks.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Everyone's mad about the fin on the FI, did anyone notice it has a new dicknose? Except it's not even a big black dick, the best kind

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

The Mercedes looks great. Going to get a diecast of Lewis' car when he wins the WDC in it.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm just soaking in as much good f1 as i can before they add closed cockpits and 19 inch wheels.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I've always thought the Mercs were beautiful cars. Just wish someone else was driving them.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gret posted:

The Mercedes looks great. Going to get a diecast of Lewis' car when he wins the WDC in it.

:suicide:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Halo14 posted:

I've always thought the Mercs were beautiful cars. Just wish someone else was driving them.

Nando pootling to his 6th WDC in 2017 is an amazing alternate parallel universe

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Oh jesus christ. :suicide:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

And Toro Rosso's Renault blew up midway through their filming day. Writing is kind of on the wall for this year already.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

And Toro Rosso's Renault blew up midway through their filming day. Writing is kind of on the wall for this year already.

You just noticed?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Everyone's mad about the fin on the FI, did anyone notice it has a new dicknose? Except it's not even a big black dick, the best kind

Merc still has the big black dick tho

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

The floor is not redundant.

Hence "looks like." I am aware nothing on these cars is done without a technical reason.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dubs posted:

Merc still has the big black dick tho

Mods?!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Ferrari have their event in half an hour at http://2017carlaunch.ferrari.com/en/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's going to be red.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Also bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
red cock spoted

Shark Fin AND T bar hahaha