Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
I know that they are adding SOME shortcuts, but they are not adding any shortcuts for the specific fighter abilities like the prop mod for example, or just the typical F1 damage ability. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I am not a carrier-haver but I'm pretty sure you're going to feel really silly in a minute :haw:

Edit: I think I see what you mean now. I claim unclear phrasing of the question and call it a draw :colbert:

Discussion Quorum fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 23, 2017

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Multilake posted:

I know that they are adding SOME shortcuts, but they are not adding any shortcuts for the specific fighter abilities like the prop mod for example, or just the typical F1 damage ability. Am I missing something?

Yeah looks like no editable ability shortcuts, but swapping between ship and fighters will no longer be a dance with the mouse.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Multilake posted:

They added a shortcut to toggle between selecting your ship or the fighters, so you can toggle to the fighters and then use the F1-F3 shortcuts for the abilities.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast
:ccp: is delivering some quality content fixes again. If a scram on a HIC is such a big problem, it somehow escaped me for quite a long time. Can someone who is not a drooling retard like Suitonia explain to me wtf was the issue leading to this nerf ? I been flying those things for some time, but now I am really lost.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
they were too strong and made ships whose niche it was to scram fast tackle almost worthless

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Rhymenoserous posted:

Goonwaffe is there because dumb sub literate publords equate the word "waffe" with nazi germany despite the germain air force still being the luftwaffe because the words are literally "Air Force".

Waffe kind of means 'weapon' so Luftwaffe translates to 'airweapon', more or less.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
can anyone fill me in on what has happened in this dumb game in the last 6 months? I've been away and I'm just coming back in.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Multilake posted:

I found a thread on reddit

I'm sure you did 3 month old poster with 130 posts, 100 of which are itt

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ah regdate shaming, how i missed thee.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

i assume this is you 'Avin A Giggle M8

but gs is not gsf

That and an honest error. Haven't been sleeping well so I missed the f there.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

abigserve posted:

can anyone fill me in on what has happened in this dumb game in the last 6 months? I've been away and I'm just coming back in.

here's a quick rundown:

ccp bows to the csm
removed regional labels on MER information
burn jita rumored to be happening soon
PL controls the north with an iron fist
PL owns keepstars all over new eden
PL bankrolled the first of these citadels
GSF terraforming delve as their new home
own basically every rorqual in eve
first 30b titans are produced in delve
both coalitions said to have over 20k members
ancient gevlonian scriptures tell of two mega coalitions who will descend upon new eden and bring an era of unprecedented economic growth with them
these are the coalition twins
they own money moons all over the universe
you likely live next to one of their poses right now
every new goon has the mark of digi in them upon joining
the mega coalitions are in regular communication with ccp following the word of the mittani and gobbinz through the csm
discovered the art of the rorqual
they learned how to use them in a week
excel spreadsheets allows them full access to optimal station trading
low tier alliances entrust their supers with them (in their citadels)
the coalitions are a decade old from the standpoint of a normal player
in reality, they have existed since the game released in 2003 and will last until the end of the game
they have been shown the truth by ccp themselves
the coalitions will guide eve players into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

here's a quick rundown:

ccp bows to the csm
burn jita rumored to be happening soon
own basically every rorqual in eve
first 30b titans are produced in delve
both coalitions said to have over 20k members
ancient gevlonian scriptures tell of two mega coalitions who will descend upon new eden and bring an era of unprecedented economic growth with them
these are the coalition twins
they own money moons all over the universe
you likely live next to one of their poses right now
every new goon has the mark of digi in them upon joining
the mega coalitions are in regular communication with ccp following the word of the mittani and gobbinz through the csm
discovered the art of the rorqual
they learned how to use them in a week
excel spreadsheets allows them full access to optimal station trading
low tier alliances entrust their supers with them (in their citadels)
the coalitions are a decade old from the standpoint of a normal player
in reality, they have existed since the game released in 2003 and will last until the end of the game
they have been shown the truth by ccp themselves
the coalitions will guide eve players into a new age of wisdom, peace and love

Basically this

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ancient gevlonian scriptures

:eyepop:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
and test alliance is unironically using shield supers and thinks they are good

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

they were too strong and made ships whose niche it was to scram fast tackle almost worthless

Oh I missed the orthrus nerfs.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

here's a quick rundown:

Sounds pretty good? I live in wspace so gently caress ingame politics as long as people are active and flying around for me to poop on.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ccp bows to the csm

i remember when this happened

it was funny

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

orange juche posted:

Ah regdate shaming, how i missed thee.

I've said before, this is a losing game b/c eventually jeffraider will show up with his, IIRC, 2001 regdate and make everyone look bad

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i remember when this happened

it was funny

funny if you're a :twisted: monster :twisted: maybe...

those were graphs that were going to being new players into the game

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

I've said before, this is a losing game b/c eventually jeffraider will show up with his, IIRC, 2001 regdate and make everyone look bad

Yeah that was hilarious

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

funny if you're a :twisted: monster :twisted: maybe...

those were graphs that were going to being new players into the game

when a mommy and a daddy monthly economic report love delve very much, they do a special dance and create a new player

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

when a mommy and a daddy monthly economic report love delve very much, they do a special dance and create a new player

phone posting is hard

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Jazzzzz posted:

anyone that predates me is bad

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

amazeballs posted:

and test alliance is unironically using shield supers and thinks they are good

Why are you complaining? I have to train missiles now

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

anyone that predates me is bad

:smug:

XyzzyYYZ
Feb 6, 2008
Nothing happens.
I just installed a couple days ago and went through the initial Goonfleet application process... Was just reading over the "Joining GoonWaffe 101" guide and there's a line under the Special Snowflakes section that I'm curious about -- "Anyone claiming to be a special snowflake that isn't will be set perma-DBRB-only."

Google suggests that DBRB is a person but other than that, what's the backstory/meaning of the quoted line?

Also, the same page references a "Little Bees" subforum but all I have access to is "Eve Helldump". Is this what I should be seeing?

Edit: I logged in and saw that I've been rejected because I don't post enough. Is there any way to appeal the decision? I guess I just prefer reading to posting. Either way, I'm still curious about the DBRB thing.

XyzzyYYZ fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 24, 2017

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

I would just join Karmafleet, friend. They are our reddit based group and have all the same privileges or whatever waffe has. I think they even get extra money when they lose ships to bad guys.

The Little Bees/Gooniversity subforum is something you'll get access to once you are properly on GSF services.

Make sure you did everything in the tutorial! Don't get attached to anything you have where you are.

deadtear or someone with a way with words can talk about boat for you.

XyzzyYYZ
Feb 6, 2008
Nothing happens.
Thanks, Jbz. I just submitted another application with content in the text field -- I've wanted to play Eve for a while but never quite got around to it. The time commitment was intimidating and I couldn't justify paying for a subscription but since things have changed (my schedule and the free Alpha/paid Omega split), I don't feel as much pressure. I've watched the video of the Swarm taking down the first Titan over and over again and it's impressive every time; I'd really like to be a part of the group if possible.

If this application falls through, I'll absolutely look at Karmafleet next. Thank you for the suggestion!

One of the posts I saw (I think on the Eve forums if not a third-party wiki) used an interesting analogy to describe ships -- they're not the gun, they're ammunition. It's nice if you have some left over after a fight but, ultimately, they're just supplies to be expended and should be treated as such.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Viva Miriya posted:

e: i found this thing too, wow its been 4 years since i saw this last

Endie should be Man-E-Faces

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Bob killed the first titan

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

yogizh posted:

:ccp: is delivering some quality content fixes again. If a scram on a HIC is such a big problem, it somehow escaped me for quite a long time. Can someone who is not a drooling retard like Suitonia explain to me wtf was the issue leading to this nerf ? I been flying those things for some time, but now I am really lost.

hello, spaceship sperg here, let me talk about this.

Basically, a max skilled faction fit HIC can out-scram, out-tank, out-run, and out-damage a similarly outfitted Lachesis even if the Lachesis has max skilled links backing it up.

Among other things, this has entirely shifted the meta away from an entire class of ship; Webbing ships are comparatively rare, and Lachesis/Arazus are never used when the HIC option is available. Ironically, because of this change, HICs have gone from a ship hull without a purpose to a necessary part of all levels of fleet combat.

Additionally, on the small-scale side of things, the 40~ish km scram has shifted the kiting meta away from MWDs to ships that can fit 100mn afterburners, further restricting the pool of viable ships. To top it off, there's the unintended effect of shutting down brawling hulls as well, who often don't have the fitting room to use a 100mn AB.

Coupled with the Onyx's ability to spew missiles all over light tackle and the Broadsword's high speed, the choice to bring a HIC (if only for the defensive long scram) isn't really a choice at all. It's as necessary as an interdictor for gatecamps.

The Cliff's Notes are that they're better than the Lachesis/Arazu in every metric. With the new script, they still have a place as heavy tackle, and still have inexpensive long scrams, but aren't the final word in tackle anymore.

Of course, the kiting meta can get hosed.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

Yeah that was hilarious

The best is when Grath dropped his 2007 Goonfleet membership on some GSF guy (post 2010 join date) claiming he never knew what GSF was like ever.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Feb 24, 2017

XyzzyYYZ
Feb 6, 2008
Nothing happens.

Despera posted:

Bob killed the first titan

Alternative facts or not, this is the video I was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRlrFudaEs8

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

XyzzyYYZ posted:

Alternative facts or not, this is the video I was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRlrFudaEs8

I prefer this one, despite the lack of fascinating mid-distance blue and red dots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rk-gLXqA5g

XyzzyYYZ
Feb 6, 2008
Nothing happens.
Yeah, that video is a whole lot better. I've bookmarked it next to my other link to a video of the event.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

The best is when Grath dropped his 2007 Goonfleet membership on some GSF guy (post 2010 join date) claiming he never knew what GSF was like ever.

The little secret that noone seems to remember is the people who have been playing this game a really long time have probably been involved with every group that has anything to do with their main thing in the game, unless they lived in highsec and ran missions solo their entire time, where my entire point falls apart

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

orange juche posted:

The little secret that noone seems to remember is the people who have been playing this game a really long time have probably been involved with every group that has anything to do with their main thing in the game, unless they lived in highsec and ran missions solo their entire time, where my entire point falls apart

Those aren't really people so your point stands.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endie posted:

Those aren't really people so your point stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8NvgURCZs&t=13s

This is how I imagine some people react when they realize HS PVE is awful and that PVP is where it's at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

XyzzyYYZ posted:

Thanks, Jbz. I just submitted another application with content in the text field -- I've wanted to play Eve for a while but never quite got around to it. The time commitment was intimidating and I couldn't justify paying for a subscription but since things have changed (my schedule and the free Alpha/paid Omega split), I don't feel as much pressure. I've watched the video of the Swarm taking down the first Titan over and over again and it's impressive every time; I'd really like to be a part of the group if possible.

If this application falls through, I'll absolutely look at Karmafleet next. Thank you for the suggestion!

One of the posts I saw (I think on the Eve forums if not a third-party wiki) used an interesting analogy to describe ships -- they're not the gun, they're ammunition. It's nice if you have some left over after a fight but, ultimately, they're just supplies to be expended and should be treated as such.

it's kind of true, but there's definitely varying levels of pricing on ships. cheap t1 stuff yeah i'll buy like ten of them and smash them against unlikely odds and don't give a gently caress but if im flying an expensive ship i will try to not put them in a situation where i could lose them. like the fancy t2 cruisers cost as much as a battleship and the fancy battleships cost as much as a capital ship (without any insurance payout if you die in one, too :mrgw:) and from a value standpoint they don't justify the price. like theyre better but not 20x better

• Locked thread