Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I just want a new good unit. Instead I get a third Zidane on the 1/2 price.

Someone fund a macro fest for me so I can give you all the Noctis you deserve.

On a legitimate note, is anyone else having way more crashes after the update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cartoon Man posted:

Could be. At the least it seems like there are varying rates for certain base 5 characters. I don't think anybody in that Reddit threat posted about getting a Noctis.

yeah given their history of screwing with rates it wouldn't be beyond them

but whatever i just wish the tm macros get fixed soon

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Someone over on Reddit made a working TM-with-lapis-refill macro for Nox: http://pastebin.com/M4rLadU9

The Japanese version didn't quite hit the refill lapis button. The only issue I've had with this one is I woke up with my party in one of the XP vortex missions. Thankfully nothing really happened other than losing some farm time. Hopefully there will be a more bulletproof version up soon, but for now this has been working fine other than the one hiccup.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I may have missed it being posted in the thread, but they're doing a Chocobo-nanza.

Feeling generous, the Fat Chocobo decided to give gifts to anyone who visits his shop and purchases any item or equipment. Fat Chocobo shops can be found in the Lost Village of Marlo, Town of Kolts or Town of Amore.

• Event Period: 2/24/17 0:00 PST to 3/9/17 23:59 PST
• Eligibility: Open to all FFBE players who have created an account and played the game before 3/10 0:00 PST.

• How to Win
a. Players need to purchase any item/equipment from the Fat Chocobo Shop located in the Lost Village of Marlo, Town of Kolts or Town of Amore.
b. At the end of the event, all players who have purchased at least one item from any of the Fat Chocobo shops will receive the following:
- 200 lapis
- 60 energy

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

hamsystem posted:

Someone over on Reddit made a working TM-with-lapis-refill macro for Nox: http://pastebin.com/M4rLadU9

The Japanese version didn't quite hit the refill lapis button. The only issue I've had with this one is I woke up with my party in one of the XP vortex missions. Thankfully nothing really happened other than losing some farm time. Hopefully there will be a more bulletproof version up soon, but for now this has been working fine other than the one hiccup.

nice thanks waiting on a memu version

the existing one used 500 lapis overnight and was stuck at entering zoldaad town this morning, but tm was about 6% higher so figured it didn't waste any

but going to wait for a more stable one before doing unattended lapis refill again

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

I may have missed it being posted in the thread, but they're doing a Chocobo-nanza.

Feeling generous, the Fat Chocobo decided to give gifts to anyone who visits his shop and purchases any item or equipment. Fat Chocobo shops can be found in the Lost Village of Marlo, Town of Kolts or Town of Amore.

• Event Period: 2/24/17 0:00 PST to 3/9/17 23:59 PST
• Eligibility: Open to all FFBE players who have created an account and played the game before 3/10 0:00 PST.

• How to Win
a. Players need to purchase any item/equipment from the Fat Chocobo Shop located in the Lost Village of Marlo, Town of Kolts or Town of Amore.
b. At the end of the event, all players who have purchased at least one item from any of the Fat Chocobo shops will receive the following:
- 200 lapis
- 60 energy

Free stuff is always nice, but they could've thrown a ticket in too or something.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 24, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

so wait the latest update broke the tm macros?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Yeah, some of the buttons got moved to different spots. Depending on your emulator of choice there appears to be at least band-aid fixes on reddit.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I'm running fine on Nox with the GL/JP don't spent Lapis macro.

Cartoon Man posted:

Free stuff is always nice, but they could've thrown a ticket in too or something.

I had 350 Star Quartz and I thought about just getting the drat Moogle but I decided I'd grab the Man-Eater materia first. I almost bought the Lance immediately after but then thought that I had 13 Kains sitting in drydock so I might as well wait on that.

drat glad I did now.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

nice thanks waiting on a memu version

the existing one used 500 lapis overnight and was stuck at entering zoldaad town this morning, but tm was about 6% higher so figured it didn't waste any

but going to wait for a more stable one before doing unattended lapis refill again

The JP memu one worked fine for me all night and is running right now. Just make sure you have your resolution set appropriately.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
For the first time since I started this game in like September, I have a companion unit that isn't Chizuru, Kefka, or Exdeath.

682 Emperor - 411 249 974

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I should probably attempt the Dreadnaught ELT fight again and hope it doesn't crash. My second Zidane is at 90% TM. Would be nice to cap that off immediately and start grinding out a Shine.

EDIT: Should be able to do it with this team

m.hache fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 24, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The only thing that makes that bad thread good is the top comment being a video disproving their stupid theory and their edit completely ignores said comment. That bastard got Noctis and two Zidanes on their free pull. :catstare:

People not understanding how odds work doesn't mean the system's rigged. Not that Gumi really deserves the benefit of the doubt either way after their past fuckups.

MohShuvuu posted:

sakurafubuki, blade mastery, bracers, power of crestion, seal of destruction, brave suit, cowl, olive's tmr? there's probably a better build out there but that should get you some good damage goin

If someone has Olive they should be using her with her TM gun instead of Lightning. Especially if they have Butz and can grind out a doublehand TM as well.

It's like a live action version of Chargin' Mah Lazors.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

The old macro thread on the reddit (can't pull up a link atm, it's something like Let's Talk About Macros) already got updated to take the new UI into account; I ran the speed refill one most of yesterday and didn't run into any issues.

Edit: VVVV yep that's the one, thank you!

Edit2: Okay, re-reading the thread it seems like he pulled down his updates while he fixes some problems with them; apparently the new macro will put you into the Vortex if it crashes while not in Earth Shrine and waste a ton of lapis, so disregard this.

turnways fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 24, 2017

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

turnways posted:

The old macro thread on the reddit (can't pull up a link atm, it's something like Let's Talk About Macros) already got updated to take the new UI into account; I ran the speed refill one most of yesterday and didn't run into any issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/?sort=new

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

The only thing that makes that bad thread good is the top comment being a video disproving their stupid theory and their edit completely ignores said comment. That bastard got Noctis and two Zidanes on their free pull. :catstare:

People not understanding how odds work doesn't mean the system's rigged. Not that Gumi really deserves the benefit of the doubt either way after their past fuckups.

If someone has Olive they should be using her with her TM gun instead of Lightning. Especially if they have Butz and can grind out a doublehand TM as well.

It's like a live action version of Chargin' Mah Lazors.

i believe the argument was that they decrease the rates on certain units rather than outright exclude them

which is quite believable as something they'd manipulate given that ama with the former employee

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

5000 lapis and 30 tickets and I got my first rainbow, Olive.
Now to figure out what to equip with.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I just realized (because I never read patch notes or changes) that each party can have its own esper loadout! :toot:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Decided to do an 11 pull and it blessed me with 3 Shines and a Chiz. I think I'm done pulling for awhile. I have so many TMs to farm now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

i believe the argument was that they decrease the rates on certain units rather than outright exclude them

which is quite believable as something they'd manipulate given that ama with the former employee

This. It's pretty clear when you read that thread that DK Cecil and Ace appear more often than others. I'm not saying it's a full blown conspiracy, but :Gumi: pulled this poo poo before with the Zidane banner.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Fisting Tent posted:

5000 lapis and 30 tickets and I got my first rainbow, Olive.
Now to figure out what to equip with.

Shove a bunch of Trust Moogles right up her bum.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I just saw a Shine in the arena and lol at that idle animation

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Batch exchange is amazing.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

HGH posted:

I just saw a Shine in the arena and lol at that idle animation

What did you expect from an anime ninja assassin maid.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
After 200 pulls on this banner and no Olive, I gave up. Thanks for hanging out in stream. At least we were miserable together.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Hardbody posted:

After 200 pulls on this banner and no Olive, I gave up. Thanks for hanging out in stream. At least we were miserable together.

Pick up anything worthwhile on your Olive quest?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
12 shines, DKC, Luneth, and lightning. I didn't have have luneth or lightning so that cool i guess.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Meanwhile, I drop three tickets on the banner just to see what I get and wind up with two Olives.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Me? Get a 5* off tickets or a daily? Not even once.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Unoriginal One posted:

Meanwhile, I drop three tickets on the banner just to see what I get and wind up with two Olives.

You just went straight for his balls when he was already down.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Watching the USS ENTERPRISE fly turns the game's font into Kanji it seems

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hosed up my Odin and didn't get Lance. It's not the greatest but I'm sure I'll regret it in an arena match some day.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

You just went straight for his balls when he was already down.

I fully expect to pay for it when Orlandu/Tidus rolls around.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shoenin posted:

Watching the USS ENTERPRISE fly turns the game's font into Kanji it seems

Known bug on the "issues" report.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I didnt get Lance either

is it any good?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
MP restore skills can be useful in a pinch. I wouldn't sweat it too much though. The reason people pick it up is because the other options aren't appealing (the last +40 ATK node doesn't actually increase your unit ATK because it doesn't let Odin hit another threshold; it's basically a trap node).

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
yeah got that node, WHOOPS

oh well, not Like id ever really use Lance anyways. I have plenty o Chocolates and ethers to go around

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Well, JP version eventually got a reset for the ESPER boards. So probably we'll get the same in a year or two.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't get Olive but I got GILGAMESH and two Shines, so I'm a happy camper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I've been out of the loop for a while but what's the consensus with the free 10+1 pulls? Should I be just doing it now or waiting to see if another batch comes before the period ends?

• Locked thread