Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

5 really does need a remake, it never has been released in English officially and is also the worst Ys game going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I care about the overarching plot insofar as Adol should never get on another boat again.

Ys 6 had this whole thing going where it had its own plot but if you looked at its plot in comparison to previous games, you could see a lot of parallels between it and previous titles and I am convinced that they weren't just coincidental. Winged beings descending to an island to act as deities, high-tech machinery created by said deities, high-tech ancient ruins that a character in ys origins shares his name with, bosses that are leftover monstrous creations on the islands that share their names with a similar beast in ys 3, and then some sort of mysterious creature in the ruins of amnesia that is never touched upon that I'm left wondering what its importance is that it is left there in the tanks, that there were so many tanks with it being the only one around, that the good ys 6 opening focused on it for a little bit, all that and more. There are just all these random tidbits connecting it to other titles in ways that make the series feel more and more like a conspiracy theorist's cork board

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I care about the overarching plot insofar as Adol should never get on another boat again.

They made the entire story of VIII that Adol falls off a boat and you spend the rest of the game collecting resources to build a new village so you can eventually build a new boat and leave the island

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Read the big announcemt and change your SA password everybody.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Some posters have reported that Chinese IPs have attempted to access their accounts. So yeah, it's really happening, change your password NOW.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Done and done. I read about it at work and meant to do it as soon as I got home. Goddammit Cloudflare!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I say we give the hackers a chance

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Naughty Stay at Home Mommies

!!! Highest DISCRETION is a MUST !!!

OIL BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

Dear Sir/Madam,

This letter may come to you as a surprise due to the fact that we may have not yet met. I could have notified you about it at least for the sake of your integrity. But please accept my sincere apologies.

I am Mrs Graca Machel Mandela the wife to late Nelson Mandela The former President of South Africa from 1994 till 1999 who pass away on December 5, 2013 after long time illness on his physical, I managed to get your contact details through your Country Online services here in Johannesburg South Africa in my desperate search for a trustworthy person to assist me in this confidential business transaction,

As the Third wife of late Nelson Mandela, My late husband deposit cash the trust fund account on my name here in south Africa, for self keeping and as they all know that I am originally from Portuguese East Africa Mozambique, he did this because he knew that once he death, the entire family’s and the ex wife’s will come toward me for his heritance, now after his death the whole family have come as my late husband Nelson Mandela do inform me, it really looks like he know what will happen after his death,

Opposing me that I should hand over the asset to them, and good a thing that when my late husband deposited the money into the trust fund account on my hand we used my son name Mr Malengani Machel, who is currently living here in Johannesburg South Africa, for security reason,

My late husband, Nelson Mandela, made this deposit here in South Africa for my family use amount to US$70.5 MILLIONS (Seventy Millions, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) in cash. This amount of money was deposited into security and finance company here in South Africa through political diplomatic channels, After his death, I and my son being in Johannesburg, South Africa, decided to transfer this money out of South Africa for my family use since it is the only money that my family can lay hand on and I have all the original depositary documents of the money that was kept on my son name Malengani Machel

In acknowledgment of executive powers and the various business opportunities in your country, I am requesting your assistance in helping me transfer this money into your company/ personal or business account. For your assistance in this transaction, I offer you 20% of the total sum for compensation. And all other expenses you incur during this operation will be credited to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me. All documents concerning this transaction will be made available to you for your safety and as a proof that this money is not from any criminal origin. I must then emphasize that this operation/transaction is highly confidential and is to be kept as such. Kindly provide me with your full names, private phone and address and you can email me at:

Best regards,
Mrs Graca Machel Mandela

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh beans i don't think i can reset it from the app. but i did reset all my emails

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Any Ys title on Steam is a good place to start.

Ys I&II is the "classic" style of gameplay where you attack enemies by bumping into them from behind or at angles. I don't think it's a terrible place to start unless you really don't want to deal with a game clearly built around older mechanics and world exploration conventions. If you don't play it first but do find yourself enjoying the other games I would still come back to it since it is sort of a pivotal series of events for Adol.

Ys Origin is top to bottom a well balanced action RPG affair, brought down only by the fact that you do have to play it at least twice to see the real ending (just make sure you don't play as Hugo before you go with the third character who unlocks after you beat the game once) and that you spend the whole game in one location so there is not as much variety. Also maybe this is just me, but I don't really recall too many memorable tracks which is an anomaly for the franchise.

Ys Oath in Felghana is my favorite title overall, I love the variety of locations/environments, the soundtrack is my overall favorite, and the challenge is perhaps the best balance (by comparison I find Ys Origin gets too easy by the end).

Ys VI is a bit rough around the edges, since it was the prototype that would lead to Origin and Felghana, but it's still fun for the same reason the other two. I still feel it's worth playing because like I&II it's kind of an important series of events for our red-haired hero.

There are other titles of course on PSP and Vita, VII and Memories of Celceta. Both still great but at that point you are getting to the party-based Ys games which are kind of a different beast from the the above Steam titles.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

and now there's an amber alert....

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Just changed my password, thanks for the heads up Palpek

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't wait for the PS4 version of Ys VIII, it's an awesome game and I wanna see what they add for the console version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also my game of the month for February is Hatsune Miku Project DIVA Future Tone because it's the only game from 2017 I've played and I still haven't even seen all the songs. There's almost too much content in this game

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I literally could not understand how to properly bump enemies in Ys 1. I spend like 10 min dying to the first enemies and gave up lol. Origins owns though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You have to hit them from the side, back or where they obviously don't have a weapon. You also need to hit them with Adol's weapon having side.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I think I was trying to come in at an angle which would work for a few bumps and then I'd get off target and smash my face into them until dead.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Thanks! Good lookin' out.

StrixNebulosa posted:

For serious though, thanks for being a fun place to hang out and chat about games - this place is my favorite place on the internet to chill.

:glomp: Yeah this place has been pretty great.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Totally not gonna change my password cause it gives me an excuse for when I make a bad post.

I'm hoping for some quality posting, for myself.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I have never played a crash bandicoot game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

same

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish I hadn't

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Crash Bandicoot is great.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I feel bad for all the people younger than me whose first imprinted gaming mascot had to be loving Crash Bandicoot.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I played it in Uncharted 4.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Crash 2/3/CTR were all pretty good

I guess Crash Bash was ok too

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fire Pro is coming back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8alwL79BhuU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPpRLPe9s9Q

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Congratulations Todd have a Pop.

https://twitter.com/megaloltaku/status/835039689488805892

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It is possible that my anticipation for Nier: Automata is going to make me actually implode.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Is there any news on the PC version of Automata.

I know there was talk of a Nier remaster if Automata did well so I'm hoping that comes to PC as then I can retire my PS3 from being plugged in all the time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hype is bad for you, I suggest cutting down on it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Blackfyre posted:

Is there any news on the PC version of Automata.

I know there was talk of a Nier remaster if Automata did well so I'm hoping that comes to PC as then I can retire my PS3 from being plugged in all the time.

They put out a trailer that said the pc version was out on the 10th, but then they took down that trailer so that was probably a mistake.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Hype is bad for you, I suggest cutting down on it.

I know, and I managed to stay in the "reasonably excited for" camp on Nier Automata, but now it's actually out in parts of the world that aren't where I live and it would appear it is significantly more awesome than I expected. My hype cannot be controlled. I am a shameful Games poster :negative:

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

MMF Freeway posted:

They put out a trailer that said the pc version was out on the 10th, but then they took down that trailer so that was probably a mistake.

Ah I just assumed that was a PEGI version of the prior trailer as it had the EU release date.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

People in Japan got mad because there's a junk fishing item in Automata called the NIN64.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I don't know anything about neir or why I should care about it

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

fridge corn posted:

If you like platinum style action games this is gonna be a good one of those. You don't really need to know about Nier

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

fridge corn posted:

it's good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Harrow posted:

I know, and I managed to stay in the "reasonably excited for" camp on Nier Automata, but now it's actually out in parts of the world that aren't where I live and it would appear it is significantly more awesome than I expected. My hype cannot be controlled. I am a shameful Games poster :negative:

I feel the same way about certain games sometimes, currently it's hard for me not to vibrate into a mess with regards to River City Ransom Underground, but understand that getting overexcited about an upcoming game is likely to cause you to enjoy it less if you build it up too much in your heart and it turns out to just be a cool game instead of manna from heaven.

You have to replace the beat of your soul from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hE6ziAdKBY

To this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3LFZSEcS6Y

fridge corn posted:

The first Nier is pretty much completely irrelevant in this context, the part to be excited about is that this is basically Revengeance 2 in a more interesting setting.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I mean Nier is amazing, but hard to recommend.

• Locked thread