Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

HardDiskD posted:

I like it, but I think this would work much better for a bar or something.

Cork is a natural product. It's the bark of the cork oak. Once off the tree and water gets on it that doesn't have alcohol in it, it will rot.

TerminalSaint posted:

Well that's one way to let people know you have a drinking problem.

Or you can just go to a winery or wine store and ask for them. They should be able to give you a bucketful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

A much more tasteful way to let people you like wine is to hang the old wine bottles from the rafters, a la Fillippi's Pizzeria before it became gay and corporatized.

Pretty much every 'Let's cover a surface in something neat, like wine bottles or pennies!" thing could be made about ten thousand percent better with a sheet of laminate plastic both before and after so that your house doesn't became one giant sheet of black mold after 5 months.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

A White Guy posted:

A much more tasteful way to let people you like wine is to hang the old wine bottles from the rafters, a la Fillippi's Pizzeria before it became gay and corporatized.

Pretty much every 'Let's cover a surface in something neat, like wine bottles or pennies!" thing could be made about ten thousand percent better with a sheet of laminate plastic both before and after so that your house doesn't became one giant sheet of black mold after 5 months.

Nothing worse than those corporate gays.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
On the cover poo poo with food items crap, how bad if an idea is a desktop made from beer bottle caps, possibly with like a thick layer of epoxy or glass to make the surface flat?

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Crotch Fruit posted:

On the cover poo poo with food items crap, how bad if an idea is a desktop made from beer bottle caps, possibly with like a thick layer of epoxy or glass to make the surface flat?

Lots have people have done bottlecap tables. As long as your coating is food safe, I don't see a problem.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
The problem with floors and walls covered with kitsch (beyond mere taste) is that you may want to either replace them or clean them. If you can glue your goofy consumption leftovers together in a way that does not negate these two activities, you're solid.

Now excuse me while I get back to work on my chicken bone light fixture.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Consider a shadowbox table/counter/wall instead.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Umm, wrong thread.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Crotch Fruit posted:

Wash the caps out first, but pourable epoxy tables are fine. I'd probably fill the backs of all the bottle caps in first so you don't trap air bubbles in the tabletop, but that's just me.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I guess those Wii Fit Balance Boards had to go somewhere.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Wire a bluetooth module into your security system and get a SMS to your phone every time someone walks up to your house.

As a bonus you'll get height and weight to supply to the cops if your house does get broken into.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

~Coxy posted:

Wire a bluetooth module into your security system and get a SMS to your phone every time someone walks up to your house.

As a bonus you'll get height and weight to supply to the cops if your house does get broken into.

How do you get height? Infer it from stride somehow?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I lolled @fit boards.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

What the gently caress am I even looking at

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This house is for sale

Did they think gluing pennies to the countertop would attract buyers?

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

Who's office name plate is on the door?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
ADA compliance in Trump's America

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

FilthyImp posted:

ADA compliance in Trump's America

One door knob for tiny hands, one for normal hands.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

This house is for sale

Don't judge me but I like the backsplash. I wouldn't put it in my kitchen, but it's pretty.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

NancyPants posted:

Don't judge me but I like the backsplash. I wouldn't put it in my kitchen, but it's pretty.

That would be like a nice splash of color to mix up a white/stainless kitchen, but I think that whole mofo is orange.

Also, why would you do a penny top and not do a clear coat finish? Those look like just raw pennies glued onto a concrete countertop. Which is a shameful way to use a concrete countertop, those can be super cool. I have a small fossil collection i'm putting together JUST IN CASE I ever have the chance to put in concrete.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

knowonecanknow posted:

Who's office name plate is on the door?
Xzibit

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
I think their biggest gently caress up was going for a grid pattern instead of hexagons, what sort of imbecile does that ?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:haw:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Nice. Nice.

mcgreenvegtables
Nov 2, 2004
Yum!
Saw this at the Boston Opera House yesterday

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Relax, it's just a cat flap. For a tiger. A very tall tiger.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Youth Decay posted:

This house is for sale

It does up the value of the house. By roughly $2

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

NancyPants posted:

What the gently caress am I even looking at

Doorception

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Relax, it's just a cat flap. For a tiger. A very tall tiger.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I thought that penny floors were a terrible idea, but they don't even compare to making them your kitchen counter surface and not even putting a leveling layer on top. Just the grout on tiling can get super gross, that would be a nightmare to clean properly.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcgreenvegtables posted:

They should put their main ethernet line out through that little loop to turbocharge their internet.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ashcans posted:

I thought that penny floors were a terrible idea, but they don't even compare to making them your kitchen counter surface and not even putting a leveling layer on top. Just the grout on tiling can get super gross, that would be a nightmare to clean properly.

I was thinking same. If it was sealed with clear food-safe resin, that would be one thing. The way it is now means it's a gross, contaminated surface.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

mcgreenvegtables posted:

Disgruntled employee bringing down the entire network on their way out the door?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bah, copper ions are antibacterial.

And copper poisoning gives you a cool coppery ring around your eye, so that's a bonus too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Disgruntled employee bringing down the entire network on their way out the door?

At least the cable is neatly tied up!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Tunicate posted:

Bah, copper ions are antibacterial.

I think the only thing that would make it a worse project is if they had actually taken the time and effort of sorting for only pre-1982 pennies.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

flosofl posted:

I was thinking same. If it was sealed with clear food-safe resin, that would be one thing. The way it is now means it's a gross, contaminated surface.

Copper is actually antimicrobial. The spaces in between? Not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

The upside is that your new mold countertop will have pennies in it.

If they're superglued/epoxied on, you may as well trash the entire counter top.

Edit: The copper eye rings look neat, even if they're a sign that your liver/brain is dying due to copper poisoning: