Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Be forewarned that my Spanish is a bit rusty.

"Take me to your leader"
"Hell, no. You won't want to meet anyone like him, and he sure won't want to meet anyone like you."

"Change!"

"The reconstruction of the White House is going fantastically, Steve"

"For the birds"

"Trade agreements"

"You can see they were right to send me to deal with the worst Mexicans"
(this one loses something in the translation)

"Trump Tower"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Angepain posted:

the power of Love

you loving evil bastard

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

That's a good question, generic talking animal sidekick.

The answer? The cartoonist was trying to make you think of Hillarybunny.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yes please.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Is there some specific news item I've missed that explains why we're getting so many cartoons about town hall meetings right now? I don't remember them in previous years, and surely it's not unusual for constituents to give their politicians a hard time?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Not only is it unusual but GOP politicians are literally hiding from these events in order to not get yelled at and in some cases using Giffords as an example of dangerous citizens.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.b2862bc323dd

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

So the GOP is just hoping anger subsides by 2018, right? Do they really think things will turn around before then, or do they have no loving clue how to deal with the mounting anger?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They are probably (and not unreasonably) hoping that Democratic voters are going to be met with radicalized right wingers (because they run on spite) at the polls like what happened in Wisconsin when they were loving poo poo up left and right there leading to outrage at the State government combined with voter suppression efforts. They also have to worry about the radical right wingers that determine primary voting races more than the "moderates" that vote for whatever lunatic gets nominated to the general.

If the Democrats make gains in 2018 it will still be by very thin margins.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

people are sending their cars out just to drive around?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

I wouldn't be surprised.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Radish posted:

Not only is it unusual but GOP politicians are literally hiding from these events in order to not get yelled at and in some cases using Giffords as an example of dangerous citizens.

Clicking around from that article it does sound like there's an organised effort going on now to hold politicians to account in a way that there hasn't been before. That's good.

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

"This'll show those liberal global warming crybabies :smug:"

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

King Possum III posted:

Be forewarned that my Spanish is a bit rusty.

Thanks for sharing these. It's pretty cool to see some that aren't in English.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses

I think thats meant to be Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman who was extradited to the U.S.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like the Bannon Harkonnen bit.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

drat, the last panel is amazing.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

The Dry Bones Two-State Solution

:godwinning:

quote:

To the Left, no man on the Right is guiltless.
If you ever wondered what kind of people follow red panels,
https://twitter.com/Red_Panels/status/834197059750215680

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I like the Bannon Harkonnen bit.

Pretty sure that is the Guild Navigator.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Radish posted:

But those were just surveyor marks and not a threat at all?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Angepain posted:

Now this could just be 'let's draw all them asians with slitty eyes' but I'm just going to tell myself it's Undertale fanart and be done with it. Korean assassins coming for your husband are probably harder than comedy skeletons to defeat with the power of Love, though.

KJU is just doing his best to increase his LOVE. :)

https://twitter.com/undertale/status/367261618700161025?lang=en

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Trogdos! posted:

I hate to ask, but could someone explain the difference in ideological connotation between the two numbers again?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Discendo Vox posted:

I hate to ask, but could someone explain the difference in ideological connotation between the two numbers again?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_symbolism

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Discendo Vox posted:

88 = HH = Heil Hitler
14 = the 14 words = something about future for white children

Disproportionate Orphan
Apr 17, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

Do we really want outright Nazi white supremacist comics here? There's enough of that covertly.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

It's been a while but there's a new Gatis Sluka!

quote:

Multi-Speed Europe

With the 60th anniversary of the EU’s founding Treaty of Rome less than six weeks away, Mr Gentiloni’s visions of a multi-speed Europe are very much in fashion. Nowhere is this truer than in the political and bureaucratic establishments of the EU’s six founder members — the Benelux countries, France, Germany and Italy.

Gatis Sluka https://www.karikatura.lv

e: I love so much how the villain here is an otter, especially because otters are predators of echinoderms.

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Feb 24, 2017

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
It's basically white supremacist?/overt fascist?/both?

Surprise surprise RP's readership is predominantly both white supremacist and overtly fascist. gently caress it and him and them.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Red Panels man is very concerned about the distinction between white supremacy and (Neo-)Nazism, and is the kind of pissboy nerd who thinks he's owning you badly when he says "Uhhm actually what you said is factually incorrect, I am a white supremacist"

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Trogdos! posted:

:godwinning: alert

So KKKlurf doesn't seem to think himself a Nazi because see, he only believes in 14, not 88! The (((6 million))) are happy because there is infighting between the 14-people (alt-right) and the 14/88-people (Nazis).

You know, I really feel for KKKlurf. His readers are just harmless nationalists expressing white pride and isolationist politics. It's so unfair to typify these gentle patriots as as "14/88" full on nazis. They're all just unfairly chained to that image and actu--

Trogdos! posted:

[slowly descending tone on a slide whistle, shrug, Hanna-Barbera "kabong" sound, laugh track]

Also, I love that the "well she's actually a 300 year old vampire, not a 10 year old which is why this body pillow is legal" crowd, including KKKlurf is suddenly trying to crawl away from Milo in the most hamfisted way possible.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

14: racist
88: fascist
1488: nazi

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Cat Mattress posted:

14: racist
88: fascist

14: white supremacist
88: nazi

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
14: Reprehensible pieces of poo poo.
88: Reprehensible pieces of poo poo.
1488: Reprehensible pieces of poo poo.
redpanels: Reprehensible pieces of poo poo.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The trick is that anyone who identifies themselves as 14 or 88 is actually a 1488.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Trogdos! posted:

14: nazi
88: nazi
1488: super nazi

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Cat Mattress posted:

The trick is that anyone who identifies themselves as 14 or 88 is actually a 1488.

Cosmo's March Quiz: are you a 14 or an 88 and what that says about you between the sheets!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They don't like Nazis, they don't like white supremacists, they don't like paedophiles, will the Left ever be satisfied?????

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

They don't like Nazis, they don't like white supremacists, they don't like paedophiles, will the Left ever be satisfied?????

Actually I think you'll find that Milo makes sure his victims partners have gone through puberty which makes him...still a deplorable piece of poo poo

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Milo fucks 14-year-olds because they're the only ones that don't laugh at him for his edgelord-y political views.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is stupid in ways that I can't even comprehend.
Die in a slow fire Klurfsman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Angepain posted:

Now this could just be 'let's draw all them asians with slitty eyes' but I'm just going to tell myself it's Undertale fanart and be done with it. Korean assassins coming for your husband are probably harder than comedy skeletons to defeat with the power of Love, though.

Actually, maybe not! The assassins didn't actually know they were killing someone, they'd been told that they were doing a prank show with squirt guns. That's why one of them had a shirt that said "LOL" on it.

This is not a joke

• Locked thread