Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Epic and I finally agree on an art thing. Hedwig rules. I listen to the soundtrack all the times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Vladimir Putin posted:

Do we care though? They already have nukes what's VX going to do that nukes can't?

They have like 5 Hiroshima nukes that if they used every one on missiles they don't have probably wouldn't even destroy all of Seoul. Bad, but shooting a ton of VX shells at a population center would probably kill more.

e:I could be entirely completely wrong about this please call me an idiot if so

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Godzilla 2000 was a fine movie

Godzilla 1998 was pure garbage

huh I thought the 1998 was Godzilla 2000. ANyway that's what I meant.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

When I was younger I had a huge crush on Sandra bullock esp from demo man and speed 2. I have not followed her since but I'm still crushing over here

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

When I was younger I had a huge crush on Sandra bullock e from demo man and speed 2. I have not followed her since but I'm still crushing over here

Yeah she's pretty awesome.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6keFpm-BY

zegermans posted:

huh I thought the 1998 was Godzilla 2000. ANyway that's what I meant.

GOOD

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Epic and I finally agree on an art thing. Hedwig rules. I listen to the soundtrack all the times.

In the end, we had to agree on SOMETHING film-wise

Surely you can appreciate the glorious beauty of Godzilla 1954 tho

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/835115863426666497

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Unperson_47 posted:

When I was younger I had a huge crush on Sandra bullock esp from demo man and speed 2. I have not followed her since but I'm still crushing over here

same but alicia silverstone

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

good to see this is starting to get picked up

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

so the fbi timeline so far I think:
A: before the election, Comey releases information concerning potential hillary wienermail. At the same time, he has access to the Trump-Russia dossier.
B: soon afterwards, democrats in congress release open letters to the fbi asking why they won't release any information publicly concerning what they know about Trump/Russia. I think Manafort resigns around this time frame?
C: TRUMP ELECTION
D: some weeks pass, Comey is generally given back pats by Trump literally and figuratively.
E: WH asks FBI to publicly announce that Trump-Russia investigations are bullshit. FBI declines.
F: Trump bitchtweets the FBI about releasing leaks this morning.

jeez that relationship lasted a long time for trump I guess

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

zegermans posted:

They have like 5 Hiroshima nukes that if they used every one on missiles they don't have probably wouldn't even destroy all of Seoul. Bad, but shooting a ton of VX shells at a population center would probably kill more.

chemical weapons are pretty unreliable because there's so many factors that play into effective use

wind, humidity, temperature, effective countermeasures. shelling an open field is one thing, shelling an area with buildings and cover is another. also, you have to consider how many of those shells would actually reach seoul from the DMZ without the pieces shooting them being taken out by counterbattery/aircraft.

the one thing VX has going for it is that it's persistent: it's an oily sludge that kills really quick, as opposed to being a non-persistent thing that fades in a while. aside from that, your usual problems with chemical weapons come into play and you're better off just putting that money/resources into more regular artillery.

north korea's WMDs are a concern for people who want to invade NK, not for NK using as part of an offensive action.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

I think I'd be more concerned about nukes if I lived in Seoul. If anything I'd say VX is like another option just below nukes. Like they could use it (like in Syria) and not go automatically into the penalty box.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

The Ape of Naples posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/experts-dissect-steve-bannon-intimately-patting-reince-priebus-article-1.2980971
Body language experts dissect moment Trump strategist Steve Bannon intimately pats Reince Priebus

I actually agree with the second body language expert

if you watch the video reince's weird angry snarl occured just before bannon touched his leg, and the brush-aside could easily be seen as a fumbled comforting pat in the slo-mo. these two boys are great great friends and they cuddle every night

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I mean I was saying the Ferris Buehler one was good.

I'm doing this thing where I have wrong movie opinions.

Also, Genysis: better than T2?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

same but alicia silverstone

Aerosmith - Crazy was my sexual awakening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNgbISmF4I

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/835129060883841025

:rolleye:

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

so much for the tolerabt lebft

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Sir Tonk posted:

good to see this is starting to get picked up

~~just another isolated incident~~

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just send in Sean Connery and Nicolas Cage. They have experience with VX gas.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zegermans posted:

I mean I was saying the Ferris Buehler one was good.

I'm doing this thing where I have wrong movie opinions.

Also, Genysis: better than T2?

Havene't seen Genysis, love AHNOLD, but I can't imagine it's better thant T2

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

GOOD QUESTION

do u like drinking a lot and building parts of cars before you drunkenly fall into Finnish septic tanks?

sounds a lot like my 20s so hell ya

already bought it!

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The FBI does not want to get involved on this but yet they got involved with Comey's letter? The more I think about it the more I realize how bizarre Comey's letter was.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
how arw you supposed to grt out of s country if you dead

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Havene't seen Genysis, love AHNOLD, but I can't imagine it's better thant T2

It's actually not that terrible but absolutely not better than T2.

CGI 1984 Arnold vs. Modern Arnold is kinda neat, and made me realize when I kept asking "why would a Terminator age", what I should be asking is "why WOULDN'T a Terminator age?"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Epic High Five posted:

Aerosmith - Crazy was my sexual awakening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMNgbISmF4I

p much

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

the pisstape is real

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

"not in the business of calling balls and strikes"

SINCE loving WHEN

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vladimir Putin posted:

The FBI does not want to get involved on this but yet they got involved with Comey's letter? The more I think about it the more I realize how bizarre Comey's letter was.

its laamost like they're partisan untrustworthy politkcing hacks who not only cannot be trusted but comey at least deserve the choppy chop

zegermans posted:

It's actually not that terrible but absolutely not better than T2.

CGI 1984 Arnold vs. Modern Arnold is kinda neat, and made me realize when I kept asking "why would a Terminator age", what I should be asking is "why WOULDN'T a Terminator age?"

I just havent' seen it out of the habit of the fact that I don't watch any movies

I love modern, not-in-charge-of-budget Ahnold, the one who doesn't tank states but does pull people up by the collar and demand that they drink a cup of diesel if they believe it's so clean

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zegermans posted:

This but Godzilla 2000 "they hosed up the Garden!" Haha classic

this but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTXHbrbi4Eo

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

zegermans posted:

the nuke is gonna be way worse than chemical weapons

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Vladimir Putin posted:

excuse me that was in internal letter that someone leaked :nyd:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

I love modern, not-in-charge-of-budget Ahnold, the one who doesn't tank states but does pull people up by the collar and demand that they drink a cup of diesel if they believe it's so clean

My favorite Arnold is the one that lied to Sully.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

murked by dragon posted:

how arw you supposed to grt out of s country if you dead

In a body bag.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
you know how dimosaurs had feathers?

godzilla prob should be a big duck

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzWYUomBpwg

this was the song i hit my last squat PR to

hail loving satan

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Epic High Five posted:

its laamost like they're partisan untrustworthy politkcing hacks who not only cannot be trusted but comey at least deserve the choppy chop

I just havent' seen it out of the habit of the fact that I don't watch any movies

Terminator movies peaked at T2 and have progressively gotten worse since then. Not to say they are mad movies per se but T2 was probably the high water mark.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/835138131800252416

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

Where the gently caress do you live? Its like 30 degrees warmer than normal in most of the US

fuckin february remembered it's february today

37f, feels like 28, with misty drizzle in kc

gently caress you february give me back global warming

• Locked thread