Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Gonna buy gore armor so I look like a jackass at all times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Wait, do only jackasses use gore armour? Awww damnit.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

RosaParksOfDip posted:

only jackasses use gore armour.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

:getin:

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Wait, do only jackasses use gore armour? Awww damnit.

gently caress, I'm a jackass?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the gore helmet looks metal as gently caress imo

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I bought the Carnage this season because it's sick

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Carnage is the candles one, yeah?

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
What the heck, I need re-invite to guild if spaces open up. Throw an invite to RaiderStillSucks if you get a chance.

I'm thinking of playing something other than poison bv pathfinder next league, maybe...poison scourge bv necromancer? I want to farm uber lab again at start of lab, and maybe carry full group service as soon as possible, so infinity dps is a high priority. Maybe Necromancer attackspeed will make up for me doing something other than QotF, not sure though...

Is scourge still completely broken on necro (barring any big poison nerfs in 2.6), or did they do anything with that? And has anyone ever gone for scourge early in league? Is it in high demand? I've never had a reason or care to pay attention to that item before.

also, :xbone:

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 24, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

It's always the same, it just 'changes' when daylight savings flips back and forth.

Only if you don't live in Arizona where we were smart enough to know DST is dumb :smug:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MannersPlease posted:

Is scourge still completely broken on necro (barring any big poison nerfs in 2.6), or did they do anything with that? And has anyone ever gone for scourge early in league? Is it in high demand? I've never had a reason or care to pay attention to that item before.

also, :xbone:

yes
not yet
yes, because it's broken
yes, prepare to pay several EX the first few weeks

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Ah that's fine, busted scourge mechanics are only really desirable to me for carrying groups through lab, and I'll need a few days to get myself setup for that. I'll start fb totems or something to get some currency and levels first anyway, necromancer w/ flesh offering provides alot of cast speed and some doubledip damage for flameblast as well, should make for easy wealth acquisition early on. I haven't had that much trouble getting some good poo poo in the first week of the league and I don't see how this one will be any different.

I'll have to make new plays for all my utility/flask setups though, as I won't be going pathfinder/QotF and I GGG is supposedly going to make it pointless to have multiple BV setups. I'll also have to start paying attention to lab traps as I won't have 300% movespeeed anymore...hmmm...

must....resist....using......QotF.......again

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Feb 24, 2017

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Woops, got kicked from guild. Can I get a reinvite please, rgz_Toxoplasmosis

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
One thing I'm curious about is the phys to cold conversion they said they were adding. With Ice Crash getting buffed, it might be cool to see if you can get the conversion on that all the way, though I rather doubt it will be.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

theshim posted:

One thing I'm curious about is the phys to cold conversion they said they were adding. With Ice Crash getting buffed, it might be cool to see if you can get the conversion on that all the way, though I rather doubt it will be.

Doesn't that cause a loop since the usual order is Phys > Lightning > Cold > Fire > Chaos?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Ultima66 posted:

Yes, but did you actually play this build in maps? It's a cool build for burning down Shaper very fast but the rampup time of the damage, the delay between starting Wither and spells casting, and the delay between Firestorm casting and actually hitting the thing you want it to hit means it's pretty awful for actually clearing maps. I found CWC Bladefall with The Scourge to be way better, but in the end I'm still not a fan of CWC because of the delay between starting the channel and spells actually coming out (Animate Weapon is obviously different because the weapons keep killing things even when you're not casting).

I did, its good fun.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

redneck nazgul posted:

Doesn't that cause a loop since the usual order is Phys > Lightning > Cold > Fire > Chaos?

....no. Cold to Phys would cause a loop. Phys to Cold just skips Lightning.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

whypick1 posted:

....no. Cold to Phys would cause a loop. Phys to Cold just skips Lightning.

I'm dumb. :downs:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

redneck nazgul posted:

Nope, as long as everything keeps moving only from left to right on that line all is well.

megaefb

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

regulargonzalez posted:

Woops, got kicked from guild. Can I get a reinvite please, rgz_Toxoplasmosis

If nobody else gets you I'll make sure to once I get home tonight.

Also thinking about doing this league as SC instead of HC.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Bugsy posted:

Also thinking about doing this league as SC instead of HC.

I was thinking the same.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Can someone explain the Atlas to me like I'm retarded or point me to somewhere that does, specifically when it comes to map drops. Am I right in understanding that when it comes to map drops, any atlas node you've completed can drop plus any that are adjacent to completed nodes? My drops are loving horrible even at 33% complete and I never get any adjacent maps, I always have to buy them.

Also, I did a unique level 10 map when I was up to about Tier 5 uncovered on the atlas, and after doing the map it revealed and checked all of the maps on the tiers below it in that quadrant even though I hadn't done them. I did this elsewhere on the Atlas and it didnt check the ones before it as complete. Not sure what happened there?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Books On Tape posted:

Can someone explain the Atlas to me like I'm retarded or point me to somewhere that does, specifically when it comes to map drops. Am I right in understanding that when it comes to map drops, any atlas node you've completed can drop plus any that are adjacent to completed nodes? My drops are loving horrible even at 33% complete and I never get any adjacent maps, I always have to buy them.

Also, I did a unique level 10 map when I was up to about Tier 5 uncovered on the atlas, and after doing the map it revealed and checked all of the maps on the tiers below it in that quadrant even though I hadn't done them. I did this elsewhere on the Atlas and it didnt check the ones before it as complete. Not sure what happened there?

Sounds like you are doing maps on standard. On standard unlocking a map on the atlas unlocks all of the maps that lead to it. That doesnt happen in temp leagues.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

funmanguy posted:

Sounds like you are doing maps on standard. On standard unlocking a map on the atlas unlocks all of the maps that lead to it. That doesnt happen in temp leagues.

Yes, this is on a standard character. Also, I jumped ahead on the top right quadrant and it didnt unlock the ones that led to it.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Books On Tape posted:

Yes, this is on a standard character. Also, I jumped ahead on the top right quadrant and it didnt unlock the ones that led to it.

I don't think running a unique map will unlock all the preceding maps, not tested it tho. If youre in the guild and i get a chance to log on today i can give you some red maps to help fill out your standard atlas.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
If I get a chance to get invited again today I can also give a bunch of red/unique maps...

edit; actually wait that doesn't really matter. message me ingame @EbolaIsloveEbolaIslife and i can give maps or w/e in the next couple hours. Standard sorting from the past 3 leagues (before this one) right now so I should be around for a bit...

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 24, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Every time I look at my Standard stash I wish there was a "just vendor all this loving poo poo" button. :shepicide:

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Pretty much. It's been kinda fun seeing all the stuff I used before that, at the time, I considered "good".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do currency tabs merge automatically ?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

euphronius posted:

Do currency tabs merge automatically ?

No tabs merge :shepicide:

MannersPlease posted:

Pretty much. It's been kinda fun seeing all the stuff I used before that, at the time, I considered "good".

I'm glad I've finally stopped picking up every marginally-decent rare because I might use it for leveling up a certain class even though there's no way in hell I'm leveling up 3 characters, let alone 7, in a league.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 24, 2017

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Just give away all currency that matters when you're done

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Agreed, gimmie.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

funmanguy posted:

Agreed, gimmie.

don't give it to this guy

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

don't give it to this guy
agreed

gently caress you funman

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
wow, rude.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I gave away everything several weeks ago. Not much currency but 20ex 6L, 2 bv lab enchant hats and sins rebirth and some other crap

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

funmanguy posted:

Agreed, gimmie.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:
Can I get a re-invite to guild? In game name is Dreamblitz_maiden

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of guild membership I could PayPal someone 20 bux or w/e to get more slots or stash tabs or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Speaking of guild membership I could PayPal someone 20 bux or w/e to get more slots or stash tabs or something.

lmao donate it to a charity guild tabs are worthless

• Locked thread