Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Professor SJW posted:

lol jk we can't even figure out basic healthcare

also there is no future
the poors are going to drown in greed, interesting times ahead of us

old fat bird posted:

ITT 50 pages of Trump goons deconstructing the team sports mentality that is ruining the country and keeping people divide in to their pet issues they've been fooled in to believing are important when they affect .05% of the population. And Hillary supporters saying lol Drumpf and posting offsite quotes that reinforce their 2008 memory of a tea party caricature.
i mean, actual, interesting discussion occurred re: american prison system, but then it mysteriously got thrown off the rails with a weird group masturbation session over a failed, now irrelevant politician.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Meanwhile in Trumplandia

honestly that forum seems more reasonable than the frog man echo chambers at times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

One of the most highly connected and powerful career politicians in America lost the presidential race to a guy who's been on WWF multiple times leading his army of : Anime Frog Trolls, pissed off suburban dads in camo shorts, and Alex Jones

In fairness isn't " Suburban dad in camo shorts" the most politically and economically powerful demographic in the United States besides the ultra wealthy?

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
And I suspect at this point it's probably turning into the biggest demographic on these forums

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Current status: Trump temporarily unfucked

EVERY CURSE WILL BE RETURNED TO SENDER TIMES 3

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Meanwhile in fake news land

quote:

President Donald Trump’s former campaign staffers claim they cracked the code for tamping down his most inflammatory tweets, and they say the current West Wing staff would do well to take note.

The key to keeping Trump’s Twitter habit under control, according to six former campaign officials, is to ensure that his personal media consumption includes a steady stream of praise. And when no such praise was to be found, staff would turn to friendly outlets to drum some up — and make sure it made its way to Trump’s desk.

[...]

For example, when Trump engaged in a Twitter war with Khizr Khan, the father of a slain Muslim U.S. soldier in Iraq, the team set up a meeting with Gold Star Mothers of Florida and made sure to plant the story in conservative media. Breitbart also wrote stories about Khan's relationships with the Democratic Party. "We made sure that conservative media was aware of it, they connected the echo chamber," the former official said.

During another damage-control mission, when former Miss Universe Alicia Machado took to the airwaves to call out Trump for calling her "Miss Piggy" and "Miss Housekeeping," the communications team scrambled to place a story in conservative-friendly outlets like Fox News, the Washington Examiner, the Daily Caller and Breitbart.

A former senior campaign official said Nunberg and his successor, former communications director Jason Miller, were particularly skilled at using alternative media like Breitbart, Washington Examiner, Infowars and the Daily Caller to show Trump positive coverage.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-twitter-staffer-235263

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Meanwhile in Trumplandia

I swear Bannon has unironically talked about doing this.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

fake news media posted:

Jason Miller, were particularly skilled at using alternative media like Breitbart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57s4_FZHCKE&t=28s

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

JB50 posted:

Apparently they are just rounded up on the street by race without even have committed any crimes.

BTW Trump also won by using like 1/100th the money Hilldawg used. :sad:

More like 1/2.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
you might want to factor in the ~$500k-1mil/day that had to be paid to protect trump tower during the transition, not to mention the economic damage that shutting down an entire small area of downtonwn NYC costs

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Just lol that there are still people talking about Hillary Clinton. Trump is so terrible that they can't defend him with his merits, they have to tear down his opponent who lost 3 months ago.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Kjoery posted:

you might want to factor in the ~$500k-1mil/day that had to be paid to protect trump tower during the transition, not to mention the economic damage that shutting down an entire small area of downtonwn NYC costs

Then you have to factor the daily baby blood transfusions and cortex injections to keep Hillary alive because that poo poo prolly adds up

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Kjoery posted:

I'm just glad that Trump personally profited from it (and continues to do so)

DRAIN THE SWAMP

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thank god Trump believes in states rights unless it's something he doesn't like like pot and then he doesn't believe in states rights.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Just lol that there are still people talking about Hillary Clinton. Trump is so terrible that they can't defend him with his merits, they have to tear down his opponent who lost 3 months ago.

lol everyone knows trump is terrible, it's just funny that despite this terribleness the democrats managed to choose someone even more unelectable

people need to keep mocking hillary supporters just so they'll learn from their stupid mistakes

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
On a similar note, anti-Trump people still don't understand why he even got elected or why people voted for him besides their blazing analysis of "Dumb racists"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
People are going to be bitching about clinton until they finally starve to death in their penthouse cell at the Internment Tower.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
more and more im glad that trump won just because it's the slap in the face a lot of pseudo-progressives need to wake up and start offering the electorate the things they need rather than talk about unimportant bullshit like bathroom rights for mentally ill people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Waterbed Wendy posted:

its all they have left. most of their narratives didnt focus on any real, tangible issues to deal with; it was all based on the anti-vote. without the specter of hillary and her sjw supporters, 90% of their platform crumbles.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kjoery posted:

its all they have left

"They" still have the humor gleaned from the shrill reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of those like yourself.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Kjoery posted:

its all they have left. most of their narratives didnt focus on any real, tangible issues to deal with; it was all based on the anti-vote. without the specter of hillary and her sjw supporters, 90% of their platform crumbles.

Who are you talking about?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Kjoery posted:

You're not an American you have no idea what you're saying. The tangible issues - wall, illegals, jobs, tariffs, Obamacare

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're not an American you have no idea what you're saying. The tangible issues - wall (to protect from Mexicans), illegals (especially from some Muslim countries, but not the rich ones), jobs (stolen by immigrants), tariffs (of chinese goods), Obamacare (Obama)

Not racism. Nationalism (excepted the Obama part, that's racism)

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Not racism. Nationalism (excepted the Obama part, that's racism)

Oh so it's just me being racist when I'm getting ripped off by someone of another race.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Oh so it's just me being racist when I'm getting ripped off by someone of another race.
We've established that you're perfectly fine being ripped off by someone of the same race.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're not an American you have no idea what you're saying. The tangible issues - wall (to protect from Mexicans), illegals (especially from some Muslim countries, but not the rich ones), jobs (stolen by immigrants), tariffs (of chinese goods), Obamacare (Obama)
all of the trump supporters i talked to told me that the wall thing was an elaborate 4-d chess thing, and that he wasn't actually that stupid

im not sure if illegal muslims is a statistically significant thing at all, so im not sure if something imaginary can be considered "tangible"

every politician talks about jobs. its a bullshit talking point thats meaningless

ill grant you the obamacare being a legit platform point, though

ps you forgot "lock her up". that was a p big talking point.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
What did democrats bring to the table this election? Besides a hollow acknowledgment of social injustice.

Despite my snazzy frog av I assure you I'm not a Trump supporter

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
Democrats based their entire campaign around getting the first woman elected as POTUS

A stupid stupid approach

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Knight posted:

We've established that you're perfectly fine being ripped off by someone of the same race.

If I spend my money with a guy who exists in the same economy I do, and he spends the money with someone else in the same economy, the money circulates and everyone is happy

If I send my money to China for a lovely toaster that money is bye bye

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Sorry you got ripped off by Obama

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Sorry you got ripped off by Obama

Obamacare was a rip off, I can give you a number for it - +160$ a month currently is what I'm being gouged over pre-Obamacare

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

SHOUTING INTO A VOID ABOUT HILLARY CUCK CUCK CUCK

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Fried Watermelon posted:

SHOUTING INTO A VOID ABOUT HILLARY CUCK CUCK CUCK
hillary would have started WWIII and ended all life on earth in nuclear holocaust

quote:

TRUMP: Let me explain. Let me explain. Somebody hits us within ISIS, you wouldn't fight back with a nuke?

MATTHEWS: No. To drop a nuclear weapon on a community of people that are...

TRUMP: No, no, but you can't say -- first of all, you don't want to say, "Take everything off the table..."

MATTHEWS: No, just nuclear.

TRUMP: ... because you'd be a bad negotiator if you do that.

MATTHEWS: Just nuclear.

TRUMP: Look, nuclear should be off the table. But would there be a time when it could be used, possibly, possibly?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If I spend my money with a guy who exists in the same economy I do, and he spends the money with someone else in the same economy, the money circulates and everyone is happy

If I send my money to China for a lovely toaster that money is bye bye

Should I boycott American products because that money is leaving my local economy? Is this the smartest move?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Should I boycott American products because that money is leaving my local economy? Is this the smartest move?

Hippies seem to think so, its essentially non-partisan

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Fog Tripper posted:

"They" still have the humor gleaned from the shrill reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of those like yourself.

If I cry from this will you promise not to show me the erection it gives you

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Hippies seem to think so

What do you think?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

What do you think?

I think that sending your money to another country, and getting nothing but cheap products in return, is a bad deal. Money is only flowing one way

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I think that sending your money to another country, and getting nothing but cheap products in return, is a bad deal.

YOUR WISH

IS GRANTED

I'll never buy forum upgrades anymore

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

On a similar note, anti-Trump people still don't understand why he even got elected or why people voted for him besides their blazing analysis of "Dumb racists"

you pretty much summed it up right here

• Locked thread