Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I just macrodosed on alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

spankmeister posted:

:cheers:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

spankmeister posted:

heck yeah

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pharmacologically alcohol is a gently caress up drug

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
but if you drink it correctly then it's loving cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Took a sudafed

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

echinopsis posted:

pharmacologically alcohol is a gently caress up drug

Alcohol is worse than heroin

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

SO DEMANDING posted:

Anyone else micropost?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
there's a weed strain named after my lovely little college town

i think it's grown in bc

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
please enjoy my hot take on drugs

weed is great

weed culture is the absolute worst

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

spaceclown dont let those bullies get you down

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tumor looking batty posted:

tbf nothing can really compare to Ultimate Pleasure Drug

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

im a skeleton man that rarely eats. no appetite. i dunno whats wrong, doctors dunno either. when i dont eat enough, i get depressed and miserable.

point is, weed is great

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

true

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mate its not

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
nah it for sure gets you less hosed up if you do it even medium hard

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Alcohol is a pretty hard drug when you think about it, it's just that it's so easy to make (it just happens by itself p much) and we've been using it for thousands of years.

I think heroin itself might even be a lot healthier for you, considering the side effects. Alcohol really does a number on your health if you use it too much. Heroin is mostly dangerous because of tolerance (OD's) and secondary risks such as bloodborne diseases when mainlining (dirty needles), infections, purity of product due to it being illegally sourced and socioeconomic issues from it being expensive and addictive (might make you put yourself at risk when wanting to score).

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Glanding some very small doses right now to increase my productivity at my leisure job on a far flung orbital.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Put lsd up your peehole and shove a pencil in there to keep it from leakjng out

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

Dongslayer. posted:

weed is great
weed culture is the absolute worst

This; as a daily user never ever ever to anyone talkabouter.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i take ibuprofen and naproxen for my rsi pain

and i take alcohol for my existential pain

hth, op

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

spankmeister posted:

Alcohol is a pretty hard drug when you think about it, it's just that it's so easy to make (it just happens by itself p much) and we've been using it for thousands of years.

I think heroin itself might even be a lot healthier for you, considering the side effects. Alcohol really does a number on your health if you use it too much. Heroin is mostly dangerous because of tolerance (OD's) and secondary risks such as bloodborne diseases when mainlining (dirty needles), infections, purity of product due to it being illegally sourced and socioeconomic issues from it being expensive and addictive (might make you put yourself at risk when wanting to score).

lol at the slight mention of heroin addiction at the end there

you could say it's more addictive than the internet

crazy i know

esp when internet addiction has ruined so many lives

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol at the slight mention of heroin addiction at the end there

you could say it's more addictive than the internet

crazy i know

esp when internet addiction has ruined so many lives

Alcohol is v addictive as well, but I was just talking about physiological effects. Alcohol is much harder on the body. You could maintain a heroin addiction without adverse health issues for years.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i've personally known heroin addicts and have helped at heroin rehab before

it's p horrifying how addictive the stuff is, to the point that they p much stop eating and pooping

then when they're in rehab they poop themselves a lot

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i didn't eat and got all my calories from alcohol for a whole day once. i felt super bad the next day lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

fart simpson posted:

i didn't eat and got all my calories from alcohol for a whole day once. i felt super bad the next day lol

It sounds like a great idea in theory

i think some vice reporter tried surviving on only alcohol for a week once

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
but you can't pass out from booze hard enough to cause arm reduction

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

spankmeister posted:

It sounds like a great idea in theory

i think some vice reporter tried surviving on only alcohol for a week once

rembert browne wrote an article about drinking 2 bottle of hypnotiq which was pretty loving lmao

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

poasting to congratulate tumor looking batty on an extremely successful honeypot

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Cat Face Joe posted:

poasting to congratulate tumor looking batty on an extremely successful honeypot

their prize is one (1) rip off a bong that's shaped like an amiga

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've personally known heroin addicts and have helped at heroin rehab before

it's p horrifying how addictive the stuff is, to the point that they p much stop eating and pooping

then when they're in rehab they poop themselves a lot

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

spankmeister posted:

Alcohol is much harder on the body.

nah. booze has nothing on the way heroin systematically fries your CNS. heroin destroys your kidneys, too. and yes, just as severely as booze destroys your liver. opiates aren't something to gently caress around with.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

SpaceClown posted:

nah. booze has nothing on the way heroin systematically fries your CNS. heroin destroys your kidneys, too. and yes, just as severely as booze destroys your liver. opiates aren't something to gently caress around with.

stop posting about poo poo you don't know about

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

is coffee an okay drug? i drink a ton of this stuff

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

akadajet posted:

is coffee an okay drug? i drink a ton of this stuff

<3 bean water

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

spankmeister posted:

pure heroin is actually pretty safe, long term. I think the only long term damage it can do is hearing loss.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Cat Face Joe posted:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SpaceClown posted:

you're a loving retard and you don't know anything about anything

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Moist von Lipwig posted:

pure heroin is actually pretty safe, long term. I think the only long term damage it can do is hearing loss.

there's a relationship in longitudinal data between bone loss and long term opiate use. it's not clear that what if any the mechanism of causation would be, other than bone problems causing pain which leads to long term opiate use. maybe calcium issues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

WrenP-Complete posted:

there's a relationship in longitudinal data between bone loss and long term opiate use. it's not clear that what if any the mechanism of causation would be, other than bone problems causing pain which leads to long term opiate use. maybe calcium issues?

interesting, i wonder if that's a direct effect of the drug or a side-effect of decreased GI motility and opioid-anorexia

i know opioids crash androgen levels pretty hard, i wonder if that's inducing androgen-based osteoporosis

• Locked thread