Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

the neo-mccarthyism liberals twisted themselves into is one of my favorite meltdowns

good poo poo :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

YOUR WISH

IS GRANTED

I'll never buy forum upgrades anymore

quote:

The U.S. trade deficit with China was $347 billion in 2016.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

rezatahs posted:

the neo-mccarthyism liberals twisted themselves into is one of my favorite meltdowns

good poo poo :laugh:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

So whats up is trump hosed yet

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

:trumppop:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
really it was Obama's fault on health care, he should have created universal health care which actually costs less than the retard system you guys use now, and by the time trump was in people would have realised how much loving better it is and gone crazy about him repealing it

it's nice to know that if one of my family members gets cancer or something we're not going to be making the decision whether to cripple the rest of our lives in debt or let the person die :thumbsup: canada

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait till Trump cracks down on marihuana. That's going to be awesome.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

more and more im glad that trump won just because it's the slap in the face a lot of pseudo-progressives need to wake up and start offering the electorate the things they need rather than talk about unimportant bullshit like bathroom rights for mentally ill people

To be fair if it wasn't for the toilet people trump wouldn't have gotten the votes to win to begin with.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

tenspott posted:

I can't wait till Trump cracks down on marihuana. That's going to be awesome.

same

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The trick is that banks will just make more money.

It can and will never stop.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You don't take any pleasure in Hollywood melting the gently caress down and all the celebrities realizing "people don't actually care what we think"?

I take pleasure from this because tbh ever since I was like 12 I was wondering why the gently caress anyone cared what the entertainer people thought about anything. My middle school had drama classes and even then those kids were nutty. Fun, but nutty.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Fried Watermelon posted:

The trick is that banks will just make more money.

It can and will never stop.

It stops when the rest of the world is like "whats this paper dollar trash doing here thanks for the massive infrastructure improvements suckers"

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kjoery posted:

all of the trump supporters i talked to told me

all of the non-trump supporters i talked to agreed that you are a flaming dolt

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Sorry you got ripped off by Obama

Your posts are better when you are merely posting screenshots of other forums.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

more and more im glad that trump won just because it's the slap in the face a lot of pseudo-progressives need to wake up and start offering the electorate the things they need rather than talk about unimportant bullshit like bathroom rights for mentally ill people

You sure are obsessed with trans people.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

I take pleasure from this because tbh ever since I was like 12 I was wondering why the gently caress anyone cared what the entertainer people thought about anything. My middle school had drama classes and even then those kids were nutty. Fun, but nutty.
well, they're slowly being replaced with youtube celebs, and they're steadily proving to be just as awful and insane as traditional celebs, so at least there's that

crime weed fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 24, 2017

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Do it ironically posted:

really it was Obama's fault on health care, he should have created universal health care which actually costs less than the retard system you guys use now, and by the time trump was in people would have realised how much loving better it is and gone crazy about him repealing it

it's nice to know that if one of my family members gets cancer or something we're not going to be making the decision whether to cripple the rest of our lives in debt or let the person die :thumbsup: canada

lol this wouldn't work unless obama magically turned white and got a less scary name

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Do it ironically posted:

really it was Obama's fault on health care, he should have created universal health care

FYI: he couldn't.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

You sure are obsessed with trans people.

Yeah i'm kind of unusual in that'll i'll carefully consider and weigh different perspectives in an argument rather than relying on the regurgitated opinions of the people around me

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Obamacare was a rip off, I can give you a number for it - +160$ a month currently is what I'm being gouged over pre-Obamacare

You got ripped off by congress refusing to fund it and if you believe what trump says that you can do away with the mandate and keep pre existing conditions and people aren't going to lose their coverage and the price is going to go down due to the magic of interstate competition, hooo boy have I got news for you.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

scrubs season six posted:

You got ripped off by congress refusing to fund it and if you believe what trump says that you can do away with the mandate and keep pre existing conditions and people aren't going to lose their coverage and the price is going to go down due to the magic of interstate competition, hooo boy have I got news for you.

I keep seeing this argument being made that is essentially "Yah you were hosed already, but Trump won't make it better"

I only had 2 choices - 100% certain hosed , roll the dice % hosed

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yeah i'm kind of unusual in that'll i'll carefully consider and weigh different perspectives in an argument rather than relying on the regurgitated opinions of the people around me

You're regurgitating your terrible opinions all over this forum.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Two Indian dudes were shot last night in Kansas City by a guy yelling "get out of my country." One of them died. So keep arguing about trans kids when your compatriots are literally murdering people, Trump goons.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Trump brought jobs back from overseas now he's bringing murdering foreigners back too

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I keep seeing this argument being made that is essentially "Yah you were hosed already, but Trump won't make it better"

Pretty sure that even worse hosed is still an option that is very much on the table.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

WatermelonGun posted:

Two Indian dudes were shot last night in Kansas City by a guy yelling "get out of my country." One of them died. So keep arguing about trans kids when your compatriots are literally murdering people, Trump goons.

I find it odd how every terrible thing is assigned to Trump. If that guy vanishes tomorrow do the American people suddenly stop being lovely and horrible? We like to pretend Hitler personally committed every crime too and not the retarded German people who were just as scummy as he was.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

scrubs season six posted:

Pretty sure that even worse hosed is still an option that is very much on the table.
who knew that the pathological liar, failure of a businessman, birther, anti-vaxxer, climate change denier, who went on file being an unrionic fan of alex jones would lead us so far astray

who could have seen this coming.............

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

TheSpamalope posted:

I find it odd how every terrible thing is assigned to Trump. If that guy vanishes tomorrow do the American people suddenly stop being lovely and horrible? We like to pretend Hitler personally committed every crime too and not the retarded German people who were just as scummy as he was.

Yeah note how I didn't say poo poo about Trump directly doing it because I'm not a weirdo, and directly stated that all the right wing goons itt are on the same side as the shooter.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
please don't say bad things about people who voted for the nazis they weren't all racists they were just trying to make Germany great again

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Voting for Trump was not rolling dice, that's just how cowards justify their vote. We all knew what we'd be getting and anyone acting surprised that he's doing horrible poo poo, like he promised, was lying to themselves at one point or another.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

XMNN posted:

please don't say bad things about people who voted for the nazis they weren't all racists they were just trying to make Germany great again

You know this is partially true right? And that Allied forces are to blame for the rise of the Nazis right?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

XMNN posted:

well its not like they had many choices

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheSpamalope posted:

I'm not gonna assign every terrible thing to Trump but surely you admit that when the President + general leadership does what they have to the national discourse nutters are going to feel emboldened.

Most LGBT people I've talked to aren't scared because of Trump specifically, they are scared because right wing nuts are going to feel encouraged to act on their hateful views.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

You're regurgitating your terrible opinions all over this forum.

You're getting salty about internet arguments

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You know this is partially true right? And that Allied forces are to blame for the rise of the Nazis right?

yes that's why I said it, it didn't make voting for adolf Hitler not a p bad thing to do though

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If Trump goes after legal Marijuana I will dedicate all of my time to aid him getting impeached.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

I'm not gonna assign every terrible thing to Trump but surely you admit that when the President + general leadership does what they have to the national discourse nutters are going to feel emboldened.

Most LGBT people I've talked to aren't scared because of Trump specifically, they are scared because right wing nuts are going to feel encouraged to act on their hateful views.

They're scared because for 10 years at least White Men have been told to shut the gently caress up and that they're poo poo and now they are calling the shots again, and the spell "Cast Racist Missile" is not working like it used to

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hope he does because that poo poo will be disastrous for them.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They're scared because for 10 years at least White Men have been told to shut the gently caress up and that they're poo poo and now they are calling the shots again, and the spell "Cast Racist Missile" is not working like it used to

That seems like a pretty un-empathetic way to look at things considering these people do actually have to worry about violence being done to them in every day life like others don't. Also I feel like you're grouping every single LBGT person into the same group of nutters.

And honestly it feels like the amount of people all defensive and butthurt about "white men being told to shut up" is pretty ridiculous. Like drat bro I don't get super offended when some nutter right winger calls all leftists scum of the earth that need to die. He's just a nut on the radio.

Besides check it out: old white men aren't calling the shots again, they always did. You've just seen a bit of PC culture gone amok in recent years but that isn't something new either. That happened a couple decades ago and everything is still fine.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 24, 2017

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
At least spunky has finally gone full blown nazi-apologist.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

That seems like a pretty un-empathetic way to look at things considering these people do actually have to worry about violence being done to them in every day life like others don't. Also I feel like you're grouping every single LBGT person into the same group of nutters.

They don't lol. I was thinking today, maybe part of the problem was that a lot of you weren't old enough to remember the 90's when it wasn't like this but everyone was still understanding. Like racial relations have declined A LOT since the late 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They don't lol. I was thinking today, maybe part of the problem was that a lot of you weren't old enough to remember the 90's when it wasn't like this but everyone was still understanding. Like racial relations have declined A LOT since the late 90's

What, like when this happened?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

How understanding is it to handwave away an entire group of people's concerns because "you shat on us white men for a decade now it's your turn to take the poo poo again?"

• Locked thread