Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

quote:

Other changes proposed by Republicans align with previous ideas for strengthening the individual insurance market, which has been unstable under Obamacare with rising premiums and dwindling competition. For example, the legislation would allow insurers to charge older customers up to five times as much as their younger counterparts. Currently, they can only charge them three times as much in premiums. The insurers have been pushing for that change.

The proposal also includes penalties for individuals who fail to maintain coverage continuously. If their coverage lapses and they decide to re-enroll, they would have to pay a 30 percent boost in premiums for a year. Like the unpopular individual mandate, that penalty is designed to discourage individuals from waiting until they get sick to get coverage.

oh wait maybe not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
tax credits are also "lmao we'll take your money for a year interest free, SUCKER"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BTW if you base it on age you'll crater the whole system because you'll be actively encouraging only super old people to jump into insurance pools thus making them insanely unprofitable

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonMillman/status/835160323124514818

looks like the house is going with the "let the senate kill it" option

Ah so they're going with "kill people"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the republicans own

imagine having a mindset that allows you total disconnect between action, valuation of action, and consequence of action

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

oh wait maybe not

hhahahahahah they're removing everything but the mandate

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

lol apparently McConnell's latest public event was held in an upscale hotel with reservations at $65 a pop that were carefully selected and he STILL had protesters

They should show up at his house imho

idk those walls are prttty tall

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

mormonpartyboat posted:

the republicans own

imagine having a mindset that allows you total disconnect between action, valuation of action, and consequence of action

It's really quite astonishing in some cases

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/835159318521659393

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mark my words, Trump is going to boost this horrible plan because he can say it is a campaign promise met and the mewling cowards in the Senate will then send it along. Not a single GOPer has opposed anything at all even once even slightly without approval in advance from McConnell so let's not pretend any of them will kill it

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

the fact that democrats can't do the same thing is why they lose

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

hhahahahahah they're removing everything but the mandate

well I mean there's no way this thing passes the senate right now unless some wild poo poo starts happening and then strap in because if you thought the tea party was big, haha

this wlll have old people using their rascal scooters to draw and quarter republicans

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

It's me, I've got the black blood. Trump was just trying to be PC and inclusive.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

mormonpartyboat posted:

the republicans own

yeah all my worst girlfriends were like that too

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wth does that even mean?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!
lmbo our president literally doesn't know what blood is and what it looks like

it's probably fine though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

????

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Is he doing stand-up right now what is this garbage.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

wait who is bleeding a different color?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump shows all signs of literally not caring at all what comes next as long as Obamacare is repealed as a result of whatever he signs

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Probatable truth that must be spoken:

Some Transformers fight scenes were better than those in Pacific Rim.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

tenderjerk posted:

according to divorce testimony im p sure he's familiar - comfortable, even - with blood

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Burt Sexual posted:

Wth does that even mean?

trump's been watching syfy recently

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

rear end cobra posted:

idk those walls are prttty tall

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

Bailey *IS* the Robot series tho so did you mean Empire? Because I don't think the Empire arc is overshadowing anything

eh i count them as their own thing apart from the proper robot stuff but im no asimov scholar

my man

well

you know what i mean

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

zegermans posted:

Probatable truth that must be spoken:

Some Transformers fight scenes were better than those in Pacific Rim.

you are terrible

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lets just agree that blood isnt donald trumps favorite bodily fluid

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/W0McqSX.gifv

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Burt Sexual posted:

Wth does that even mean?

Breaking news Trump confirms reptilians have copper-based blood

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

Citizen Tayne posted:

Before I got married I had my now-wife on my healthcare plan, which meant I had to pay taxes on the employer-paid portion of the premium in addition to the portion I paid. I was netting half my gross.

yeah that's called imputed income and is the value of the benefit your employer provides your partner who isn't qualified as a tax dependent, essentially increasing your taxable income by that amount.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump is going to kill us all one by one personally

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Horseshoe crabs have blue blood maybe he was talking about them

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Feminasty Slut posted:

Horseshoe crabs have blue blood maybe he was talking about them

Fun fact we're causing Horseshoe Crabs to go extinct because we keep draining all their blood Daybreakers-style

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 379 days!

mormonpartyboat posted:

according to divorce testimony im p sure he's familiar - comfortable, even - with blood
I didn't mean he *NEVER* knew wtf blood is, it's just that he clearly doesn't now since his brain is now porous and probably syphilitic

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Trump just giving us some clues about the reptilians, who demonstrably have green blood

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tenderjerk posted:

when he said "blood coming out of her wherever" it wasn't sexist, it was because of his fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of blood.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

logikv9 posted:

Trump is going to kill us all one by one personally

Not if you cover yourself in cold mud to avoid the predator drones and crawl on your belly through the jungle and use a puddle of water to short out the Trump's cloaking field.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

yeah they're excellent

daneel :moonrio:

also r daneel olivaw is why i named my electric pickup truck conversion that i never finished t philo farnsworth

and the t is for truck like the d is for diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

this is old hat. hypocrisy is dead, and if you were to point this out to him he would ignore it

• Locked thread