Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

veni veni veni posted:

I wish I could give my opinion on live fire but the game just crashes at the title screen for me since the update!

Wow this sucks!

Ularg posted:

If you let it sit on the menu frozen for 5-10min it will eventually unfreeze. Seems to freeze when checking for permissions from Sony servers or connecting to a Titanfall server, since it happens before the message "You are not permitted to play online" goes away and instantly happen if I manually select a server.

My poo poo is locked at the title screen too. I restarted after a couple attempts and same issue even after a PS4 restart

I'll let it sit here and see if it unfeeezes

Update

After 5 mins or so the music played then another 5 it unfroze completey and I could click multiplayer. Seems to be OK..

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What all rewards does live fire give? I got a patch for 3 kills in a match.

Matches played, matches won and kills. Great, my need to earn cosmetics to play this.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 24, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Execution description - In Your Face - "Takedown followed by a data knife to the face" :stonklol:

Bushmaori posted:

Speaking of, what ability do you guys use the most? I stick with cloak which helps a fair bit with getting into position with wall running, but I'm open to suggestions on what else works well with EPG and EVA.

Holo Pilot.

Formerly Cloak or Stim

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
why the gently caress are boosts allowed? I just got killed in a 1v1 by a random tick.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Execution description - In Your Face - "Takedown followed by a data knife to the face" :stonklol:

Was a dew exclusive but guess not anymore lol

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Such a great night, now realize my only controller is now not properly reading the analog stick so if I push the stick all the way to the right it doesn't register it all the way.

Edit

What the Right Stick reads half the time I push right on it,

What it should read when I press the right stick or I wiggle it up and down every-loving-time I start to turn right,

So, in practice, it means half the time I press right I'm turning 25% slower, the other half I'm going full speed.

gently caress. Me.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Feb 24, 2017

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Zoolander it

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Which means?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

My poo poo is locked at the title screen too. I restarted after a couple attempts and same issue even after a PS4 restart

I'll let it sit here and see if it unfeeezes

Update

After 5 mins or so the music played then another 5 it unfroze completey and I could click multiplayer. Seems to be OK..

Yeah. I deleted the whole drat game and it worked fine after a reinstall. Then came back and it froze again. i thought the update was corrupted or something but I think it's actually hitting a big hiccup when it tries to connect. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

First impressions of Live Fire aren't great but I'm going to give it a solid go tomorrow night. I feel like the scale of Titanfall compliments all of the ridiculous abilities and guns but the second you cram it into COD Nuke town sized maps it just becomes obnoxious. I already hated pulse blade but holy gently caress.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah live fire is pretty meh imo. Shouldn't have boosts, at the very least. Definitely need a group

The maps are actually fairly big I think. Just much smaller compared to the others

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

this proceeded in a similar vein for an apparently depressingly long amount of time.

Fortunately(?) I got that black screen bug and quit out almost immediately after someone on our team joined in.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea black screen only lasted a round for me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hot competitive CTF action from frothy's channel, some of this northstar play is astounding

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah its annoying having to wait minutes just to launch the game.

Live fire is overall meh and needs to be balanced more.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Ularg posted:

Such a great night, now realize my only controller is now not properly reading the analog stick so if I push the stick all the way to the right it doesn't register it all the way.

Edit

What the Right Stick reads half the time I push right on it,

What it should read when I press the right stick or I wiggle it up and down every-loving-time I start to turn right,

So, in practice, it means half the time I press right I'm turning 25% slower, the other half I'm going full speed.

gently caress. Me.

Enable advanced controller settings and change the outer threshold to be smaller. I pretty much had the same issue and that workaround was fine and didn't make it feel any different.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Ularg posted:

Not quite as game-breaking but the right bumpers on BOTH my controllers have stopped working. Can't throw grenades, can't use Ion's shoulder laser, it's awful. I tried remapping the controller but the only buttons that don't see use are the the left and right d-pad. Nothing felt right and I played like garbage.

So, def want to try out Live Fire this weekend (preferably with goons) but I guess I gotta buy a new controller first.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I seriously went to walmart at 4am to buy a new controller because I am an impatient rear end in a top hat driven by anxiety and stress.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Godzilla07 posted:

Yeah, that map isn't good. Containers one rules because you can wallrun the entire time.

Live Fire is reminding me that I did like S&D in CoD4 many moons ago. The one thing I wish changed is keeping your boost meter charged between rounds if you don't die.

https://giant.gfycat.com/CloudyCommonArabianoryx.mp4

If its not a bush, someone is hiding in a container instead. The mode favors defensive play.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Stan Taylor posted:

Live fire sounds rad, I don't get why people thought it would be bad because "no robots" when the pilot gameplay is way cooler.

I kind of assumed it would be bad because pilots vs pilots is bad but the tiny maps and very short rounds make it way more fun. It feels like a proper pilot equivalent of Last Titan Standing rather than attrition without titans.

E: The new matchmaking probably still needs tweaking but I was getting hardpoint games last night so it's already an improvement.

Eyud fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 24, 2017

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I need to get used to live fire, the larger of the two maps which HUUUUUUUGE amounts of vertical doesn't actually get used vertically from what I've seen so far. One end when you bear left from the start has a dead end up top where you can wall run forever and just rain grenadier death down on fools because no fucker looks directly up.

Also the Daft Punk banner you get in that mode is rad.

I just had a game of LTS with my whole team going Ion... Amazing. :dance:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I actually kinda like Live Fire, I still wish it was at least wave-based spawning instead of 1-life but the maps are pretty decent and it's given some intense gameplay, a good companion to Last Titan Standing.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Hey, the announcers have new lines at the intros, that's an improvement! :unsmith:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Snuffman posted:

Hey, the announcers have new lines at the intros, that's an improvement! :unsmith:

64's new lines are just silence for me.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Live Fire is definitely more fun than I thought it would be. The smaller maps are definitely helping with that. Devotion nerf also feel better. You actually have a little time to try and do something after hearing the spin up sound since the first 2 rounds don't instant kill you anymore.

I had a lucky run with the EPG on the containers map. Don't really like the simulation dome outdoor one though.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

I was having a ton of fun with Live Fire. I actually think it's the most fun mode in TF2 right now. This mode plus new buffed EPG = super fun. Now that I guess for perspective, I'm on PC and IMO, pilot gameplay > titan gameplay.

Haven't had a chance to do the new coliseum yet, but clips I've seen of people being instantly headshot with wingman aren't looking promising.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Trisk posted:

I was having a ton of fun with Live Fire. I actually think it's the most fun mode in TF2 right now. This mode plus new buffed EPG = super fun. Now that I guess for perspective, I'm on PC and IMO, pilot gameplay > titan gameplay.

Haven't had a chance to do the new coliseum yet, but clips I've seen of people being instantly headshot with wingman aren't looking promising.

I actually had a bit of fun in Colosseum, but I'm also on Xbone so it's probably not quite as bad with regards to the wingman. Still fun to do stuff like this though:
http://i.imgur.com/pd1YSFe.gifv

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Night Blade posted:

If its not a bush, someone is hiding in a container instead. The mode favors defensive play.

Anything built around limited respawns and short times to kill is inevitably going to skew hard towards defensive camping play, because the incentive to take risk is way down to the individual player.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Played a few games of Live Fire last night, it's really not for me, but I knew this going in. The Pilot vs Pilot gameplay is fun but it's not really why I keep coming back to play Titanfall. I think the Titan combat is much more interesting and fun, along with the "David vs Goliath" gameplay mechanics of Titans vs pilots. I think the mode is well designed and a lot of fun for people looking for that sort of highly competitive, uh almost esports-like gameplay? If I had any complaints I guess it would be the few times where the last 20 seconds of the round were people huddled in corners and it can get pretty frustrating to watch. LTS doesn't seem to have this problem, maybe there should be a mutal map hack for the last 10 seconds or something.

That said, I just want to boot up Attrition, shoot the poo poo, talk about Titanfall lore, gossip about Blisk's secret robot fling with Ash, why Sarah Briggs couldn't love someone more than the frontier, smash robots and shoot big lasers at grunts. :shrug:

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Have only dipped my toes into Live Fire but I'd really like to see them speed it up. too much waiting around for a no respawn mode. What the hell is the point of the halftime screen?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Enderzero posted:

Have only dipped my toes into Live Fire but I'd really like to see them speed it up. too much waiting around for a no respawn mode. What the hell is the point of the halftime screen?

You switch sides at Halftime

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I've honestly been falling in love with LTS and cooling immensely on pilot combat because of the difficulty of effective pilot movement on controller, and honestly I would be fine with a ranked LTS playlist. That would probably keep me coming back for weeks.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Live Fire should let you skip your killcam so you can get right into spectating. At least that's more exciting than watching yourself die -- again.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Best part of love fire so far for me is swinging off the ceiling with grapple. :getin:

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Was the devotion nerf included with this patch? I was going to switch to something else this morning, but forgot, and I'm still wrecking poo poo with it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Ularg posted:

64's new lines are just silence for me.
Out of curiosity, are all the 6-4 intros silent or is it just one? There's three total possible intros and two have dialogue, but one shouldn't.

Kithyen posted:

Was the devotion nerf included with this patch? I was going to switch to something else this morning, but forgot, and I'm still wrecking poo poo with it.
Yeah, the devotion nerfs are in there and also there were hemlok nerfs that went out, so that a single burst to the chest won't kill a pilot.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I forget why Lord Snow asked me to post this but probably because it's awesome:

https://youtu.be/ztuoYdIjxbs

Insane Totoro fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 25, 2017

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

For the people having issues on PS4

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/835276634018066434

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Wazzit posted:

You switch sides at Halftime

Gosh thanks. I mean sitting there in a black screen for several seconds.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Enderzero posted:

Gosh thanks. I mean sitting there in a black screen for several seconds.

It's a visual cue to let the player know that they are switching sides. If it wasn't there someone that was half paying attention, fiddling with their phone or something might not catch that and throw them off when they rush to the left and realize they rushed side of Stacks that have open sight lines.

Or if you mean, in universe canon ~~~LORE REASONS~~~ why the screen goes black for a few seconds, everyone's helmet feed goes out due to an emp or large scale arc grenade signal and both sides stumble blindly in the dark for a few seconds until they end up on opposite sides.

Hope this helps! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wazzit posted:

Played a few games of Live Fire last night, it's really not for me, but I knew this going in. The Pilot vs Pilot gameplay is fun but it's not really why I keep coming back to play Titanfall. I think the Titan combat is much more interesting and fun, along with the "David vs Goliath" gameplay mechanics of Titans vs pilots. I think the mode is well designed and a lot of fun for people looking for that sort of highly competitive, uh almost esports-like gameplay? If I had any complaints I guess it would be the few times where the last 20 seconds of the round were people huddled in corners and it can get pretty frustrating to watch. LTS doesn't seem to have this problem, maybe there should be a mutal map hack for the last 10 seconds or something.

That said, I just want to boot up Attrition, shoot the poo poo, talk about Titanfall lore, gossip about Blisk's secret robot fling with Ash, why Sarah Briggs couldn't love someone more than the frontier, smash robots and shoot big lasers at grunts. :shrug:

Don't forget that the 6-4 is a family.