Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Just a reminder that CIG removed the tutorial from their game, because it was broken

Hellion doesn't have a tutorial, and is already working towards putting on in

Instead of polishing the helmet on their space man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The helmet in hellion does not even block my view and bob around stupidly.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

AP posted:

Hey a new Citizen, what's your Star Citizen story?

My story is Star Citizen sounded cool back in 2013 as I failed several times to enjoy EvE. Never pledged because the Kickstarter pitch sounded vague to me but thankfully CIG continues to deliver wonderful self-ownage free of charge.

If I had pledged that artist dudes resignation letter would have been my refund point. Doorgate was also pretty bad, dunno which was first.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Virtual Captain posted:

My story is Star Citizen sounded cool back in 2013 as I failed several times to enjoy EvE. Never pledged because the Kickstarter pitch sounded vague to me but thankfully CIG continues to deliver wonderful self-ownage free of charge.

If I had pledged that artist dudes resignation letter would have been my refund point. Doorgate was also pretty bad, dunno which was first.

It's hard to rate all their disasters.

For me, I think chairgate succinctly wraps up the level of development ineptitude and disdain for their backers.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

I think they are showing that the guy's skin is clipping through the jacket then is not.
Like that is a major accomplishment.
It's hard to tell since they chose a black guy wearing a black jacket.

If this is the case, has nobody told them they're not supposed to make the character naked model continue to render when it's covered by clothes?

MeLKoR posted:

I think they are showing damaged states to clothing and how repairing works looks. Can you become a space seamstress in Hellion? I didn't think so! :smuggo:

If this is the case... and it probably is! I guess yay?

I hope they continue to dedicate resources to this sort of thing because they will never build a game that actually can use these things when this is their show reel, and the game itself is broken.

Trading? Good flight mechanics? One of the other 6,000,000 promises? Nah. Clothing damage states!

Of course I will say this though: this continues to go with my July blog where I said that they will be more heavily focusing on the FPS portion of the game because it's actually doable to a good degree. They will shoehorn in as much as they can in this section, because there are thousands of tutorials out there they can Archer from.

The space side will be the afterthought.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Zzr posted:

You don't have to wait for Hellion. See : Elite.

Elite has the space side nailed down.

Hellion is going to hit space, those physics grids, and tons of "everything is interactive and does a thing" itch that was SCs big gimmick. It'll also do space flight too I bet, and FPS. I'll probably buy it! :)

I think that everything SC wants to be is what Hellion is a few days away from actually premiering.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

The Titanic posted:

Elite has the space side nailed down.

Hellion is going to hit space, those physics grids, and tons of "everything is interactive and does a thing" itch that was SCs big gimmick. It'll also do space flight too I bet, and FPS. I'll probably buy it! :)

I think that everything SC wants to be is what Hellion is a few days away from actually premiering.

There are no space toilets or Hollywood quality mopping mocap in Hellion though. Why even bother to play it?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

But really, what exactly is the combat piece against Hellion? Another indie team... just had a plan and stuck to it and kept within their scope.

Fidelity and scope! So you cannot even compare both projects, they are that different.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

chochmah posted:

/r/outreachSC ?

Someone claim it!

/r/starcitizen_refunds is pretty much /r/starcitizen_refugees. They should put up a big banner that says "We welcome Chris's victims"

"It just came storming through, waving it's arms and blowing all this hot air. Suddenly my entire college fund was gone! How am I going to rebuild?"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Virtual Captain posted:

You seem way too sensible to be posting here.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

MeLKoR posted:

Easy for them to be successful when Chris already did all the work to develop Items, Local Grids and Persistence. Is it any wonder they were able to simulate atmosphere and decompression while CIG is still struggling with naked commandos and nipple jets when all the hard work was already done?

Can't argue with that logic, friend. :shobon:

I guess the only hope now is that Item 2.0 brings all that awesome new functionality we're all waiting for. That'll pretty much be the final nail in the Hellion coffin right there.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Rad Russian posted:

There are no space toilets or Hollywood quality mopping mocap in Hellion though. Why even bother to play it?

Good point.

trucutru posted:

Fidelity and scope! So you cannot even compare both projects, they are that different.

Another good point!

How could I have been so blind?? Time to buy my Star ship package! :homebrew:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hahaha, I just figured out something that's been bugging me for ages. Who it is Cymelion reminds me of. Turns out it's not a "who", it's a "what".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

Hello friend. Welcome to the thread and the best game you'll never have to buy to get the most enjoyment out of it! :glomp:

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Oh I'll also add that the first suspicions I had about Star Citizen in trouble came from the community having conniptions because of the Elite Dangerous release. So good work with that commandos.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

Oh I'll also add that the first suspicions I had about Star Citizen in trouble came from the community having conniptions because of the Elite Dangerous release. So good work with that commandos.

Star Citizens tend to have issues over other space games making progress. Or just plain old progress.

This word "progress" is not something they are familiar with.

Dreams on the other hand... :allears:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

This might be my new favourite thing...

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hellion related note for Star Citizen goons - we've got a Hellfrogs channel set up in my discord, if you want to die in space with other goons and not use the in game voip pm me for an invite.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Trillhouse posted:

I don't think so. Reddit posts calling it a lie to sell more ships are getting dozens of upvotes, while the true cultists are being shouted down.

I think /r/starcitizen is getting more and more hostile to Roberts and skeptical of the game ever getting completed. Pretty soon we'll start seeing posts like "can we have a subreddit for people that actually LIKE the game and are optimistic?" And maybe it even gets made. I think that's the tipping point for backer opinion and fundingl truly bottoming out.

haha, they can call it r/OutreachSC

e: lol efb

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Feb 24, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Michaellaneous posted:

The helmet in hellion does not even block my view and bob around stupidly.

Pfft, what good is it then?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/835212528070316032

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

What am I looking at here?

Are the spots disappearing or is it them not reflecting in the light and I'm looking at something else?

They always model these on other characters besides the one in the game... or are you able to pick between a white guy and black guy now?

I think I know who would get all the ladies*.

:omarcomin:

(*Ladies not included yet)

With a sexy, colorshifting coat like that? I think I know too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Easy for them to be successful when Chris already did all the work to develop Items, Local Grids and Persistence. Is it any wonder they were able to simulate atmosphere and decompression while CIG is still struggling with naked commandos and nipple jets when all the hard work was already done?

Can't lie. I smirked like a mad fool watching that Blue Drake stream when he went from gravity to non-gravity. Also, when he had to evacuate the airlock chamber to avoid being forcefully ejected when it opened. That stream was like a direct GO FRELL YOURSELF to CIG.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

If this is the case, has nobody told them they're not supposed to make the character naked model continue to render when it's covered by clothes?

If this is the case... and it probably is! I guess yay?

I hope they continue to dedicate resources to this sort of thing because they will never build a game that actually can use these things when this is their show reel, and the game itself is broken.

Trading? Good flight mechanics? One of the other 6,000,000 promises? Nah. Clothing damage states!

Of course I will say this though: this continues to go with my July blog where I said that they will be more heavily focusing on the FPS portion of the game because it's actually doable to a good degree. They will shoehorn in as much as they can in this section, because there are thousands of tutorials out there they can Archer from.

The space side will be the afterthought.

Well, of course, you HAVE to have clothing damage states before you get the female models ready. Because, seriously, as a backer (not really), how is a woman supposed to make money in the 'Verse?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

lol audio disaster

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Good point.

Another good point!

How could I have been so blind?? Time to buy my Star ship package! :homebrew:

Truthfully, SC is such crap they were FORCED to get the plumbing in line.

DEAR GOD! NO, WOMAN! FIGHT THE FOUL BLANDISHMENTS OF INCOMPETENT EVIL! COME BACK TO US! BATTLE FOR ALL YOU ARE WORTH! YOU ARE WORTHY! THERE ARE THINGS TO LIVE FOR, that don't require pledges and subscriptions!

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Another contender. Genesis Alpha One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSJ_Hw--Bc

Silent Running meets Doom?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
at this point MoMA has to be Chris Roberts since he would be the only person stupid enough to actually think, from the inside, that the dream was real.

It would also explain how MoMA vehemently denied working for CIG or any of it's companies, since all of them work for Chris Roberts.

Dunking on an $8000 Idiot

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 24, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

This is amusing considering I never post about Star Citizen outside of SA.

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 24, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hellion literally does everything with components, ship systems, and EVA that SC promised to do.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Space Crabs posted:

at this point MoMA has to be Chris Roberts since he would be the only person stupid enough to actually think, from the inside, that the dream was real.

It would also explain how MoMA vehemently denied working for CIG or any of it's companies, since all of them work for Chris Roberts.
Your next realization will be TheAgent is really Erin Roberts. (And even if they aren't--reading their posts with the appropriate voices makes them much more entertaining.)

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hellion literally does everything with components, ship systems, and EVA that SC promised to do.

Yes, but how high do their pledge tiers go?

If I can't smugly brag about my $8k in spaceship jpgs to the plebs, then what's the point? It's all just disposable income to me :smug:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

HycoCam posted:

Your next realization will be TheAgent is really Erin Roberts. (And even if they aren't--reading their posts with the appropriate voices makes them much more entertaining.)

We need a forum filter that randomly adds ... äh... and ...erm... to Moma's posts.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Dooguk posted:

Another contender. Genesis Alpha One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bSJ_Hw--Bc

Silent Running meets Doom?

WITH base building to boot!

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

artists waste their time making a ("space") grasshopper that will be rejected immediately and binned after the stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004