Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Macintosh HD posted:

What happens at 1000?

Video Games shuts down the thread and then I post mine on the eve of Switch's launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

mods shut this thread and we all go to post insane poo poo in the zelda an eshop threads

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why is this thread open?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This thread has become the simpsons. It hasn't been good in 500 pages.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Thread needs to stay open so we can get all the meltdowns from the pre-pre-reviews out of the way before people actually play the fuckin game

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Video Games shuts down the thread and then I post mine on the eve of Switch's launch

Please don't.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Waltzing Along posted:

This thread has become the simpsons. It hasn't been good in 763 pages.

Fixed for you

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It better be drat good, Roach.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jimmy Hats posted:

Thread needs to stay open so we can get all the meltdowns from the pre-pre-reviews out of the way before people actually play the fuckin game

at launch we should have one thread for people who actually have the switch, and another for people who just want to dunk on it or whinge about their shiping / pre-orders

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think it's amazing that the big monster threw the small monster. I've ordered three more switches because of this.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

well why not posted:

at launch we should have one thread for people who actually have the switch, and another for people who just want to dunk on it or whinge about their shiping / pre-orders

Yes a safe space and a not safe space. For a video game box

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Don't whine about the hardware not working, until you pay $400 to see if the hardware works. Good call.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

will you need to post a receipt to post in the hugbox

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Yes a safe space and a not safe space. For a video game box

i think you'd be best in the second thread

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

well why not posted:

i think you'd be best in the second thread

Just use the ignore list like a normal ill adjusted babby

Super No Vacancy posted:

will you need to post a receipt to post in the hugbox

Receipt and a sworn blood oath to Nintendo

Hail Mr. Satan! fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 24, 2017

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Jimmy Hats posted:

but what if the ghost of iwata passes right between your joycon and your nintendo switch, while you're at 1 heart against the hardest botw boss

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
i said hardest but the whole game is hard as polygon told us

basically bloodborne but in hyrule

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Kawabata posted:

but what if the ghost of iwata passes right between your joycon and your nintendo switch, while you're at 1 heart against the hardest botw boss

Season pass keeps iwata out of your house. Reggie can still get in though.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Bombadilillo posted:

Season pass keeps iwata out of your house. Reggie can still get in though.

woooo there champ, reggie would definitely block the signal

btw is there a bloody puddle where you died, containing all the rupees and bombs and arrows in your possession

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Kawabata posted:

woooo there champ, reggie would definitely block the signal

The day one patch will add lasers to the joycons that will blast through Reggie's mass and reach your console from as far as 6 feet away

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zelda is gonna be extremely fuckin good

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Season pass better include spaceships.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

The day one patch will add lasers to the joycons that will blast through Reggie's mass and reach your console from as far as 6 feet away

pre-ordering three switch nintendo entertainment consoles right now

oh and another question, i feel it's important: will we be able to invade other people's games and gently caress them up

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Kawabata posted:

pre-ordering three switch nintendo entertainment consoles right now

Please understand that it will be impossible to obtain a Nintendo Switch console if you didn't preorder months ago and in fact they are back ordered until 2079 they are such a popular item.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
There will not be two threads. I am not having another Xbox situation.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Three switch threads confirmed

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

VideoGames posted:

Just let Alfalfa make their thread and nuke this one. That's been the plan since January.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I need a switch thread for home and switch thread for on the go!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Everyone gets their own thread to talk about their personal switch experience.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is there going to be a normal Switch thread and a shitpost Switch thread?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

Is there going to be a normal Switch thread and a shitpost Switch thread?

how do you know one from the other

EDIT: oh one doesnt have utnayan posting got it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Please understand that it will be impossible to obtain a Nintendo Switch console if you didn't preorder months ago and in fact they are back ordered until 2079 they are such a popular item.

Just you wont get one. But you don't care so its ok. Continue enjoying posting in the Switch thread.

Zelda sounds cool and I am torn between reading a lot more about it and going blackout on media about it.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Just you wont get one. But you don't care so its ok. Continue enjoying posting in the Switch thread.

Zelda sounds cool and I am torn between reading a lot more about it and going blackout on media about it.

I think I'm going to insulate myself from as much news as I can because it actually sounds good and would like as "pure" of an experience as possible. Though I suppose if a game is good knowing a few things about it won't necessarily dampen your enjoyment of it too much.

I wonder if the Wii U version is gonna be alright

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Beastie posted:

You'd be surprised how many grown rear end adults (40-60) play Candy Crush or Pokémon Go on my morning train.

Maybe because there's a reasonable expectation that some hosed up weirdo goon isn't peeping at what they're doing on their phone and they can rest easy knowing everyone who isn't a nosy rear end just thinks they're looking at the news or some poo poo. As opposed to every time I played PSP on the bus when it was new and hosed up nerds would always ask me about it or lean over to see what the graphics looked like on whatever game I was playing.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 24, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think I'm going to insulate myself from as much news as I can because it actually sounds good and would like as "pure" of an experience as possible. Though I suppose if a game is good knowing a few things about it won't necessarily dampen your enjoyment of it too much.

I wonder if the Wii U version is gonna be alright

Ive heard the WiiU version runs just as well as the Switch TV version which is supposed to be very pretty. And the switch handheld mode runs better then both after the resolution drop.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

You can still pre-order the Switch at the following retailers:

Babbage's®
Software, ETC™.
The Electronics Boutique®
FuncoLand™
Camelot Music®

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Zelda sounds really good. I didn't actually believe the open world prospect that was presented. Is a week away too. Which is pretty cool

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Honestly, I bought the first PSP on the second day or something and thought I was gonna have a really good time playing it on my commute but it was just torture between A) feeling paranoid about people looking at me or wanting to jack me B) oblivious nerdos who want to talk to you about it and can't take the 2 seconds necessary to think about how the absolute LAST thing someone on their commute playing a new console wants to do is stop playing it to talk to you about it and C) Slightly less oblivious nerdos who would just barely hide the fact that they were looking at the screen.

Maybe the social nature of Nintendo fans and the Switch will alleviate this feeling for you, but this is an honest to god warning from the heart for anyone who thinks they're just gonna lose themselves playing Zelda on the train.

It was so bad I got rid of it for a few years and then bought another when it wasn't so novel and then it was great fun when no one gave a poo poo.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

You can still pre-order the Switch at the following retailers:

Babbage's®
Software, ETC™.
The Electronics Boutique®
FuncoLand™
Camelot Music®

Fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Honestly, I bought the first PSP on the second day or something and thought I was gonna have a really good time playing it on my commute but it was just torture between A) feeling paranoid about people looking at me or wanting to jack me B) oblivious nerdos who want to talk to you about it and can't take the 2 seconds necessary to think about how the absolute LAST thing someone on their commute playing a new console wants to do is stop playing it to talk to you about it and C) Slightly less oblivious nerdos who would just barely hide the fact that they were looking at the screen.

Maybe the social nature of Nintendo fans and the Switch will alleviate this feeling for you, but this is an honest to god warning from the heart for anyone who thinks they're just gonna lose themselves playing Zelda on the train.

Hand them a joycon and snip some clips together.

• Locked thread