Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
google (an uber invester) is suing uber for stealing autonomous car tech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVI-xVWZf3k

i think this is the best one of the shorts

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

exmarx posted:

google (an uber invester) is suing uber for stealing autonomous car tech

We're one step closer to getting techbros to kill, cook, and eat each other

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

We're one step closer to getting techbros to kill, cook, and eat each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrruSboN1bQ

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
why the gently caress to people lie to you when they know you're going to find out? now i have to have a massive showdown at work and threaten to quit

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why the gently caress to people lie to you when they know you're going to find out? now i have to have a massive showdown at work and threaten to quit

In my experience, it's usually - from lowest to highest dickishness -

- they didn't understand what you wanted them to do, so they just said anything they think will fit the bill
- they believed you wouldn't find out
- they believed you would find out but didn't believe you had any possibility to do anything about it.

Stay safe, management ghost. :ohdear:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

shouldn't have stuck your dick in the fax machine

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I think I just killed a man.

:rip: Dude, I'm sorry my electronics purchases broke your heart.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

panic

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/science/no-time-to-run-tsunami-pod-aims-to-save-lives-at-a-price/

I've always wanted to die in a small metal ball being hurled around at high speed

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Pirate Radar posted:

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/science/no-time-to-run-tsunami-pod-aims-to-save-lives-at-a-price/

I've always wanted to die in a small metal ball being hurled around at high speed

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

exmarx posted:

still need to watch that doco

Adam Curtis documentaries are how you become a McDowell.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Adam Curtis documentaries are how you become a McDowell.

Too true.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm getting fuckbarreled on Facebook

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

Serious Adam Curtis fans out there, I guess!

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Volkerball posted:

You have always been in the fuckbarrel, Neo.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A Christan activist friend of mine from high school posted "Name a movie that would have ended a lot easier with a gun," and I said the passion of the Christ.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Volkerball posted:

A Christan activist friend of mine from high school posted "Name a movie that would have ended a lot easier with a gun," and I said the passion of the Christ.

Technically correct: the best kind of correct.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

mandatory lesbian posted:

there's liek no chance he isn't a libertarian like every other techie soooooooooooooooooooooooo
I mean, he pledged to give his money away and I think he probably is a bit of an empty suit policy wise, and I think next cycle we're going to get what more of what we (the polity at large, not just dadchatters) want on the policy side of things if the nation isn't ruined irreparably.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Volkerball posted:

nice

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Volkerball posted:

edgy

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

Technically correct: the best kind of correct.

That's what I say!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Volkerball posted:

lol

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

jfc a norwegian citizen became the prime minister of somalia

according to our racist party, this is clearly grounds for revoking his norwegian citizenship

gently caress those guys

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

when willy brandt became german chancellor, norway was really smug about him being "basically norwegian" but haha spot the differences between him and this guy

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

loving german pet shops. the dog bed is 28 days overdue because the shop sent it with bourgeoise courier delivery that came literally 3 days after the purchase was made, and no one was there to receive the parcel

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

pangstrom posted:

I mean, he pledged to give his money away and I think he probably is a bit of an empty suit policy wise, and I think next cycle we're going to get what more of what we (the polity at large, not just dadchatters) want on the policy side of things if the nation isn't ruined irreparably.

He doesn't know a drat thing about actual politics nor does he care. His stupid small-town Americana Facebook posts are pure paint-by-numbers bullshit nonsense

High office is merely the next unchecked box on his meritocracy bucket list and it couldn't be more obvious

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
ooh let's check the weather

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/beng412/status/835170614159757313

Nice

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rhesus Pieces posted:

He doesn't know a drat thing about actual politics nor does he care. His stupid small-town Americana Facebook posts are pure paint-by-numbers bullshit nonsense

High office is merely the next unchecked box on his meritocracy bucket list and it couldn't be more obvious
So you're saying he's an empty suit.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

loving german pet shops. the dog bed is 28 days overdue because the shop sent it with bourgeoise courier delivery that came literally 3 days after the purchase was made, and no one was there to receive the parcel

Poor doggie. :ohdear:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Nice.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Poor doggie. :ohdear:
nah, just a really big loving kitten

he's literally too big for any cat or dog bed sold in latvia that is technically more advanced than a rug

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

nah, just a really big loving kitten

he's literally too big for any cat or dog bed sold in latvia that is technically more advanced than a rug

been seeing a lot of ginger cats around the forums lately

maybe it is baader-meinhoff

maybe garfield

e: sweet cat either way

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

He looks like my old cat that I rescued from near-death. He was lying on the side of the road barely breathing, starving and covered in fleas.

I named him Squeaky because after I nursed him back to health when he purred he made a funny squeaking noise.

I miss him. :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

syscall girl posted:

been seeing a lot of ginger cats around the forums lately

maybe it is baader-meinhoff

maybe garfield

e: sweet cat either way
this one quite literally is the lonely mountain

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Has Trump not done much in the last two weeks or did European medias just got tired of reporting about it?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Randler posted:

Has Trump not done much in the last two weeks or did European medias just got tired of reporting about it?

the administration is ramping up ICE enforcement, seizing and deporting people and their children from schools, restaurants, and hospitals, and just barred every non-altright news outlet from press conferences

that's in the last two or three days

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

mass deportations oxxidation mentions (flipped switch from people with criminal history to literally every illegal immigrant bar the us-born children), literally saying "if other countries are to posses nuclear capabilities, america will be top of the pack" wrt ramping up arms race, trashing obama's transgender bathroom use policy, and whatever else is there in my news feed

• Locked thread