Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Pffft.

"Hey, I think these gundams came from the past, they match names in our history"
"They have the same performance as your gundam, and you think they came from 100 years in our past? That's dumb."

They actually acknowledge the performance discrepancy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I got my disc copy in, got my DLC installed and my custom music ready to go, but I forgot to install the day 1 dlc til after I started the game. Will I need to restart the game to get access to that stuff? I only did the first stage so it's not a dealbreaker.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Levantine posted:

I got my disc copy in, got my DLC installed and my custom music ready to go, but I forgot to install the day 1 dlc til after I started the game. Will I need to restart the game to get access to that stuff? I only did the first stage so it's not a dealbreaker.

I don't think it'll be an issue.

Doc Quantum
Sep 15, 2011
So funny story. I pre-ordered Z3-2 when it came out, but was never able to play it due to reasons (mostly related to finishing my thesis and getting started in a new job). Fastforward to today when my new copy of V arrives and I open the box to look at it. I notice the DLC code included in the box has an expiry date.

Cue frantic scramble for my unopened Z3-2 box and the code for Rengoku-hen that's been sitting inside. I reach in, pull out the little slip, and read the fine print sitting below the code.

It expired 28th December. :suicide: Tried typing it into my Japanese PSN account and got told the code was invalid. While I suppose I could live without playing any of Rengoku-hen, it still rankles a bit not to have it.

Anybody have any ideas about it? Or am I just pretty much outta luck for this?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Levantine posted:

The first DLC mission (that gets you the Huckebein and the Grungust) is immediately after mission 1 so it should not be an issue.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So what happens if you don't have the preorder DLC? Are they just on the ship but don't have units? Or is the dialogue noticeably altered to make up for them not being there?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So what happens if you don't have the preorder DLC? Are they just on the ship but don't have units? Or is the dialogue noticeably altered to make up for them not being there?

You get them later in the game.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doc Quantum posted:

So funny story. I pre-ordered Z3-2 when it came out, but was never able to play it due to reasons (mostly related to finishing my thesis and getting started in a new job). Fastforward to today when my new copy of V arrives and I open the box to look at it. I notice the DLC code included in the box has an expiry date.

Cue frantic scramble for my unopened Z3-2 box and the code for Rengoku-hen that's been sitting inside. I reach in, pull out the little slip, and read the fine print sitting below the code.

It expired 28th December. :suicide: Tried typing it into my Japanese PSN account and got told the code was invalid. While I suppose I could live without playing any of Rengoku-hen, it still rankles a bit not to have it.

Anybody have any ideas about it? Or am I just pretty much outta luck for this?

You're probably out of luck.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Theyre never really addressed directly early on and most references to them are disconnected from everything else.

Its not "Chitose, Velt, and Lottie will hang with the Nadesico", its "Chitose will go with the Nadesico." "And I guess the other two will as well."

Though its probably mostly noticeable only because I know.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
So...I kinda went a bit power mad from how Mazinger Zero is OP as gently caress and now he's maxed out...this is gonna be fun :allears: But seriously, Zero is OP

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Woah, you guys are fast, I'm only at stage 11 or so!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

Woah, you guys are fast, I'm only at stage 11 or so!
I've only just cleared Stage 10 myself. I'm having a lot of fun with the game though!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Stage 7 :negative:

Soon I'll be back home and can play more though.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I'm going to be playing all the DLC scenarios just as I did for Z3, so I will likely take longer than all of you.

(as soon as fedex stops zigzagging my package across the pacific)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ryoga posted:

I'm going to be playing all the DLC scenarios just as I did for Z3, so I will likely take longer than all of you.

(as soon as fedex stops zigzagging my package across the pacific)

I admire your ability to spend an additional $40 goddamn dollars in this game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And now, volume 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9V6PnQg7aE

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

Hey now.

$40 SGD.

That's, only, like, 35 or something US (after price gouging)!

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

So much violating to be done, so little time.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

ImpAtom posted:

Perhaps I'll make recordings of each one so nobody else has to.

edit: it's me, i'm the reason japan considers streaming piracy.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Volume three, hidden to avoid spoiling because holy hell.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Hammurabi is such a gorgeous machine.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was excited to buy the DLC to support the English release but 40 Singapore dollars was just too crazy for me. Maybe if you got an extra unit or something I'd be more willing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

:stare:

Wait, where's Angelo? Or was he not worth the hassle?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Ethiser posted:

I was excited to buy the DLC to support the English release but 40 Singapore dollars was just too crazy for me. Maybe if you got an extra unit or something I'd be more willing.

If it's anything like Z3, buying the DLC gives you some incredibly overpowered gear that will turn everything into easy mode.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Ryoga posted:

If it's anything like Z3, buying the DLC gives you some incredibly overpowered gear that will turn everything into easy mode.

Pretty much does this. It also gives you a bunch of money and PP.

It adds some decent flavor though, so I didn't mind too much, and I don't really play SRW games for difficulty anyways (although you might!).

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Gimmie ZZ Yazan.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

After the first route split the next stage just started and it is titled a Secret Scenario and it is not numbered. It seems to be about Black Mightgaine. Anybody else get this?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Ethiser posted:

After the first route split the next stage just started and it is titled a Secret Scenario and it is not numbered. It seems to be about Black Mightgaine. Anybody else get this?

I took the Japan route and got it. Did you take the same route or the other one?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Inferno-sama posted:

I took the Japan route and got it. Did you take the same route or the other one?

That is the one I took.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

Ethiser posted:

That is the one I took.

Then that's probably how you unlock it. You might not get that stage if you take the other route.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Can we put him in a cooler mech cause that thing is still Top 5 Dumbest Mecha

I'd rather use the ball if it was in the game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rascyc posted:

Can we put him in a cooler mech cause that thing is still Top 5 Dumbest Mecha

I'd rather use the ball if it was in the game

Ball Gundam should have been a secret mech. Unfortunately, no Umon Samon.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Goddamn, sounds like I need a SGN PSN card when i get the game.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Can we just take a moment to talk about how loving awesome everything Might Gaine is in this game? I wish we would see Brave series more often.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah this game is really making me want to watch might gaine

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I haven't seen it yet, but based on all the positive things I've heard, sounds like I might gain a new appreciation for Might Gaine.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Can we just take a moment to talk about how loving awesome everything Might Gaine is in this game? I wish we would see Brave series more often.

I'd be up for more of that mecha subgroup of shows. I'm not quite sure some of the more kid friendly ones would fit but I do love the non combined form of Gosaurer I think? The one that's original form is comprised of 3 kickass looking robot dinosaurs piloted by small kids that forms a kind of lovely super robot but hot drat do the individual dinosaurs rock.

Basically give us all the robots. Machine Robo, Transformers, Dougram.... ALL OF THEM GODDAMNIT. Maybe not all in one game mind you but.. If the show isn't creepy poo poo (or Banpresto can decreepy for the games) :getin: .

Course TakaraTomy and Bandai are probably too competitory to make it a common occurrence even if Kobo seems to make all the SRW Originals kits... Japan IP laws and crossover products are one heck of a weird situation...

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Here are all the things I know about non-GGG Braves:
  • Might Gain is about toy companies I think
  • Dagwon is the one with the boys
  • J-Decker has that lion chest "because it looks cool" robot
I would be following up on this but they're an entire year long and I don't have time for that kind of stock footage anymore.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Thanks to custom BGM every single Might Gaine unit now has its own Brave series opening for their BGM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
I keep them all on the normal theme so i can yell MIGHT GAINE LETS GO MIGHT GAINE

• Locked thread