Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Huh, they're taking *another* week off the 28th?

They're putting the show on a quasi-glide path to the finale to compensate for there being fewer episodes than Supergirl/Flash/Arrow. This happened last year too around this time; the show started to take like two or three-week breaks between episodes so that its finale lined up roughly with the time the rest of the Arrowverse shows were wrapping for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't they have some kind of universal translator thing? The English spoken in the 5th century is so different from the English of the 20th and 21st century, the translator would have to be working when they were talking to the knights. So Galahad wouldn't have been confused by Ray's use of the term "fan," because the translator would've just translated it into an appropriate term That Galahad would've understood.

This show is bullshit.

Well, Star Girl did shape Camelot to fit her needs of protecting the spear piece, maybe that also meant changing the dialect.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Right up until the end I thought Captain Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian was gonna fall short on this one but nope she bagged another one. Good job idiots.

Christ this show is so much fun.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 22, 2017

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
How did Malcolm Merlyn (whose comics character and name is based entirely on Arthurian legend schtick) not appear in this episode of all episodes

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
John Barrowman is a busy man.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
"we'll let you know when you can control your evil army"

"Finally I get to fullfill my destiny"

yet another episode stolen by mick's dialogue. :D

teamcharlie
Dec 9, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Vast armies of tens of men...

Goddamnit Ray, you cannot take Damian.[*]

*Because you're too much of a pussy to stab a mass murderer when he's down.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

howe_sam posted:

Also, I know they're idiots, but they really didn't plug any backdoors into Gideon Rip might exploit?
Forget backdoors for Gideon, they seemingly didn't even take away his normal command authority over Gideon before the episode.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chortles posted:

Forget backdoors for Gideon, they seemingly didn't even take away his normal command authority over Gideon before the episode.

"You aren't the Captain anymore. This isn't your ship"
"Gideon?"
"Yes Captain?"
:smug:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Yeah, they were telegraphing that Gideon was probably going to turn on them pretty well in the last few moments.

Why didn't Damien shank Ray when he had him dead to rights? Did he think it would get the 'idiots' angry enough to do the same to him?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I think I'm in love with Evil Rip.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

nine-gear crow posted:

They're putting the show on a quasi-glide path to the finale to compensate for there being fewer episodes than Supergirl/Flash/Arrow. This happened last year too around this time; the show started to take like two or three-week breaks between episodes so that its finale lined up roughly with the time the rest of the Arrowverse shows were wrapping for the year.

Well, I don't think they're doing another crossover finale involving LoT, so just don't skip weeks and let us have iZombie sooner.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aquasnake posted:

Well, I don't think they're doing another crossover finale involving LoT, so just don't skip weeks and let us have iZombie sooner.

They did just start shooting the finale so maybe they need the time for production. Btw Guggenheim tweeted out the cast listing for the finale

Looks hype.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 23, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now that's what I'm Tolkein about.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Mick is going to kill a hobbit :ohdear:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

Mick is going to kill a hobbit :ohdear:

gently caress that, Mick is gonna inspire the Orcs. Also gently caress YEAH CAPTAIN COLD IS BACK!! :woop:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Snart

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Why is Thawne with the good guys?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arthur Bowlsworth posted:

Why is Thawne with the good guys?

That looks like the division of credits based on who's a regular and who's a recurring guest star, it's a SAG thing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

McSpanky posted:

That looks like the division of credits based on who's a regular and who's a recurring guest star, it's a SAG thing.

Which is kind of hilarious because I think Neal McDonough has actually been in more episodes of the show this year than Matt Letscher has :v:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nine-gear crow posted:

Which is kind of hilarious because I think Neal McDonough has actually been in more episodes of the show this year than Matt Letscher has :v:

Darkh's been in more episodes (and I'm pretty sure Merlyn has been too) but that's basically because they're Thawne's henchmen. It would make sense for the end of the season to be about defeating Thawne since he's the most dangerous and the one who is driving this entire Legion plot (including caddying around his henchmen and dropping them off in different times to do battle with the Legends).

Meanwhile Darkh and Merlyn probably get vanquished easy or abandon Thawne in the end so it makes them supporting players like Snart and Laurel.

Also I hope that means Laurel will be with the Legends in S3.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Darkh's been in more episodes (and I'm pretty sure Merlyn has been too) but that's basically because they're Thawne's henchmen. It would make sense for the end of the season to be about defeating Thawne since he's the most dangerous and the one who is driving this entire Legion plot (including caddying around his henchmen and dropping them off in different times to do battle with the Legends).

Meanwhile Darkh and Merlyn probably get vanquished easy or abandon Thawne in the end so it makes them supporting players like Snart and Laurel.

Also I hope that means Laurel will be with the Legends in S3.

Well Merlyn and Stein are getting booted back to 2017 at some point real soon because they're in the Flash/Supergirl musical crossover (because John Barrowman and Victor Garber are apparently the only other people in the Arrowverse with musical tallents). Though that would be amusing if that was how they actually wound up dealing with Malcolm, just dump his preening rear end back in Central City and leave him to the mercy of The Music Meister while Darhk, Thawne and Rip kept on eviling it up elsewhere in time.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Friendly reminder that Captain Sarah Lance started out as the Green Arrow's dead lover who then became Black Canary.

I love this stupid show so much.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Elentor posted:

Friendly reminder that Captain Sarah Lance started out as the Green Arrow's dead lover who then became Black Canary.

Who was then killed by Oliver's mind controlled sister only to later be revived by a Lazarus Pit and her soul restored by Constantine, a personal friend of the Green Arrow where they met on an isolated island in the South China Sea

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Elentor posted:

Friendly reminder that Captain Sarah Lance started out as the Green Arrow's dead lover Oliver's fiancee's sister who he was banging on the side who then became Black Canary.

FTFY

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Who was then killed by Oliver's mind controlled sister only to later be revived by a Lazarus Pit and her soul restored by Constantine, a personal friend of the Green Arrow where they met on an isolated island in the South China Sea

It's like my comic books all over again.

Also, how many monarchs has Sarah "conquered" now?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Xelkelvos posted:

It's like my comic books all over again.

Also, how many monarchs has Sarah "conquered" now?

And when Sarah saw the breadth of her black book, she wept for there was no more rear end to conquer.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

She's got to have killed millions on STD's alone at this point.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

MiddleOne posted:

She's got to have killed millions on STD's alone at this point.

Lesbian women typically have a low incidence of STI transmission vs. actively straight or bisexual women. Sara's had past relationships with men, but the likelihood of infecting new partners drops precipitously when you've died and been resurrected by ancient magic, or have access to a 31st-century time machine with an AI-controlled med bay.

:science:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Xealot posted:

Lesbian women typically have a low incidence of STI transmission vs. actively straight or bisexual women. Sara's had past relationships with men, but the likelihood of infecting new partners drops precipitously when you've died and been resurrected by ancient magic, or have access to a 31st-century time machine with an AI-controlled med bay.

:science:

Well that, or you end up with magicherpes or the cyberclap.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

hangedman1984 posted:

Well that, or you end up with magicherpes or the cyberclap.

Electro-Gonorrhea: The Noisy Killer

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

An island that housed a magical totem that gave great power to someone by sucking out people's souls, which Damien Darkh - who is the arch rival of Sara's killer's dad and Sara's ex-lover and ex wife of Oliver - then used to kill Sara's sister in a completely unrelated conflict.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Captain

Lance

Time

Lesbian :mmmhmm:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
My wife groaned and :ughh: when I went "Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian" when she and Guenevere started making googly eyes at each other. It took a few seconds of me going "wut" before she finally said, "Guenevere wasn't in love with Arthur, she was in love with Lancelot."

:haw:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I just thought of something. We haven't seen Nate's Star Spangled Idiot suit since the crossover, have we? I'm now quite sad. His suit was perfectly goofy :(

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Chokes McGee posted:

My wife groaned and :ughh: when I went "Sarah Lance, Time Lesbian" when she and Guenevere started making googly eyes at each other. It took a few seconds of me going "wut" before she finally said, "Guenevere wasn't in love with Arthur, she was in love with Lancelot."

:haw:

They made this joke in the episode itself, didn't they? "Sarah Lance... a lot" :quagmire:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

WarLocke posted:

They made this joke in the episode itself, didn't they? "Sarah Lance... a lot" :quagmire:

Yeah but someone this guy know 'called it'!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

WarLocke posted:

It was actually worse it was something like "Thank you Sarah lance...a lot..." just so you get the full eye roll.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Why didn't Rip use the spear to bring his family back to life before they broke it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because nothing in this show makes the faintest sense.

• Locked thread