Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

The creepy thing about having a bunch of aliens aboard your ship who all wanna gently caress the PC is that the game ceases to be about writing characters with their own agency and personalities, and more about providing uniform sexual gratification to the player apart from any other considerations, because of course why wouldn't they want to sleep with you? It's offputting and weird.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I hope Peebee has that stupid loving smirk on her face the entire game.

If she doesn't then I hope someone releases a mod that makes it happen.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Everyone in the future has just learned to love the D, V, A, T, and the rest of A through Z. Like Star Trek, only for fuckin'.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I like the animations for reloading your guns

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

LOL now shotguns have thermal clip 'shells'. future technology ain't poo poo

Serf
May 5, 2011

The only bad part of ME2 was taking out the infinite ammo gun technology. That was one of the more interesting things in the codex, and it's really dumb that they replaced it with ammo pickups like every other game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FunkMonkey posted:

Fortunately there always seems to be a very explicit point in these games where you can shut them down and lock them into a platonic relationship at most, which is what I pretty much do any playthrough after my first.

Mass Effect 1 is the game where they really were banking on you loving the blue spacebabe because her motivations in ME2 make zero sense otherwise. Mass Effect 2 is the game where you as a commanding officer can put the mack on your secretary immediately and there is no non-sexually aggressive way for a female Shepard to address Jacob aboard the Normandy for the first half of the time.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Were you ever able to gently caress the gilf doctor lady? I don't remember

THE BIG DOG DADDY fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 24, 2017

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It led to better gameplay, so who cares about already silly physics stuff. I do like them bringing it back as a main feature on Remnant weapons and an option for Milky Way ones though.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Lt. Danger posted:

Wrex: My people were sterilised as punishment for rebelling against the galactic hegemony. We live in an irradiated wasteland and only 1 in 1000 krogan births survive to term. We're a dying race.

Trast: This is fun and light-hearted and not at all depressing.

Dude what are you even on about? I didn't say it was all light and fun or all grim and dark. A story can have elements of both. Stop being such a miserable prick.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

exquisite tea posted:

Mass Effect 1 is the game where they really were banking on you loving the blue spacebabe because her motivations in ME2 make zero sense otherwise. Mass Effect 2 is the game where you as a commanding officer can put the mack on your secretary immediately and there is no non-sexually aggressive way for a female Shepard to address Jacob aboard the Normandy for the first half of the time.

Weren't her motivations in ME2 basically "Sorry Shep, no time for your poo poo, I gotta save and/or avenge my Secret Boyfriend."

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

exquisite tea posted:

Fair point, I haven't played any of them beyond DAI in a very long time, and I've never played a female protagonist.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Trast I don't think you get why I am lightly joshing you but okay, no big deal.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

PC Specs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Reclaimer posted:

Weren't her motivations in ME2 basically "Sorry Shep, no time for your poo poo, I gotta save and/or avenge my Secret Boyfriend."

You can kinda tell they hastily wrote Feron into the DLC once they realized "hey wait a minute, allegedly some players did NOT gently caress our spacebabe waifu, why else would she risk rescuing Shepard's body from the Collectors and going up against the most powerful individual in the galaxy otherwise? I don't know, maybe she had a good friend or something?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

exquisite tea posted:

"Just trying to get a sense of where my crew's heads are at, specifically why isn't yours between my thighs."

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

FunkMonkey posted:

Fortunately there always seems to be a very explicit point in these games where you can shut them down and lock them into a platonic relationship at most, which is what I pretty much do any playthrough after my first.

And then at that point, they basically won't have anything more to say to you.
It's loving stupid, you really can't just be a nice friend to anyone without it leading to loving.

Dang...
Might be time to upgrade...
I've got an i5 3350 and a 970 GTX.

But on the other hand I max out DA:I and BF1 pretty easily with no issues.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I actually got a chance to watch that weapon briefing video, some pretty cool stuff there -
The shells reload was because of the upgrade they put in the katana - making it shoot laser beams.
Sentinel does, in fact, get bonus protection from their profile
You can get really crazy with the modifications - carnifex to bolt pistol and avenger to lightning gun.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Jesus, those specs are insane, knew this game would probably unoptimized but not this badly unoptimized. :psyduck:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Deakul posted:

And then at that point, they basically won't have anything more to say to you.
It's loving stupid, you really can't just be a nice friend to anyone without it leading to loving.

Story of my life.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

They're nearly identical to the BF1 ones. Which actually doesn't need anywhere near those specs.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Right now I think I've got everything for the Recommended specs but the video card, which is only the Minimum. I was planning to upgrade anyway, but woof.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

They're nearly identical to the BF1 ones. Which actually doesn't need anywhere near those specs.

Good to know.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I don't have anything even close to those specs, but I have to believe if I can run DOOM buttery smooth at very high my PC can handle this.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I actually got a chance to watch that weapon briefing video, some pretty cool stuff there -
The shells reload was because of the upgrade they put in the katana - making it shoot laser beams.
Sentinel does, in fact, get bonus protection from their profile
You can get really crazy with the modifications - carnifex to bolt pistol and avenger to lightning gun.

Laser shotguns were perfectly fine in XCOM.

exquisite tea posted:

I think sometimes people forget that Kelly Chambers was really on the ship to spy on everyone. Boning Shepard was cheesy spycraft 101. And it's not like you didn't get anything out of the arrangement. Who doesn't like having their fish fed on a regular schedule?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

BF1 is an online FPS, where 60+ fps maxed out is a baseline expectation of all players and the industry standard. I don't think it's going to be the same for Andromeda, especially if all the quick look reports of poor performance and low framerates are to be believed.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Deakul posted:

I also am not looking for reality in my video games.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

FunkMonkey posted:

I don't have anything even close to those specs, but I have to believe if I can run DOOM buttery smooth at very high my PC can handle this.

DOOM is a bad benchmark, because id Software are technical wizards and their games are insanely well-optimized.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

exquisite tea posted:

You can kinda tell they hastily wrote Feron into the DLC once they realized "hey wait a minute, allegedly some players did NOT gently caress our spacebabe waifu, why else would she risk rescuing Shepard's body from the Collectors and going up against the most powerful individual in the galaxy otherwise? I don't know, maybe she had a good friend or something?"

Well if you did hook up with her the whole Feron angle is weird when she's giving you the cold shoulder. "Sorry my love, just tryna save my friend." "Yeah I guess I understand, I'm only trying to save all sentient life so you do you."

Trast posted:

I think sometimes people forget that Kelly Chambers was really on the ship to spy on everyone. Boning Shepard was cheesy spycraft 101. And it's not like you didn't get anything out of the arrangement. Who doesn't like having their fish fed on a regular schedule?

I had no problem forgiving her since I figured Timmy had cameras and mics everywhere anyways (if not a straight feed from EDI), so the fact that all he had was a single spy just said loads about his laughable operation.

We didn't have dinner together BTW.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

BF1 is an online FPS, where 60+ fps maxed out is a baseline expectation of all players and the industry standard. I don't think it's going to be the same for Andromeda, especially if all the quick look reports of poor performance and low framerates are to be believed.
It's the same engine and publisher.
Also press builds being unoptimized is the norm, it really doesn't tell you much either way.

You never did respond to me asking how EA giving people 10 hours of early access shows a 'lack of confidence' though.
I expect you'll do your normal gimmick and just ignore posts that disagree with you.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Lt. Danger posted:

Trast I don't think you get why I am lightly joshing you but okay, no big deal.

holy poo poo this whole time i thought 'trast' was a bioware character from a game i didn't play. I even GIS'd the name and was confused

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

MadBimber posted:

holy poo poo this whole time i thought 'trast' was a bioware character from a game i didn't play. I even GIS'd the name and was confused

:lol:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I thought people were saying Traynor and got really confused.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I thought he was making fun of Drak

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I thought it was a reference to Trask

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

You never did respond to me asking how EA giving people 10 hours of early access shows a 'lack of confidence' though.
I expect you'll do your normal gimmick and just ignore posts that disagree with you.

I think it's easy to cut a 10-hour slice from a game like this to make it appear presentable, especially when it's split between SP and the MP which many people will want to try. More importantly, in order to access this, EA has already gotten some of your money, and I'd wager that most players who will participate have already pre-ordered Andromeda anyway. EA is essentially asking you to pay for a demo on a product you've already bought and already have an interest in wanting to be good. The people who will play this 10 hour early access thing aren't the ones who need to be convinced, by and large they've probably already paid for Andromeda.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 24, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lol @ those system specs. Also the reason for everyone being bi is just to get everyone other than straight options. Just head canon some one as straight if you need to.

All asari are whores though so whatever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm not sure how much longer requiring sandy/ivy bridge CPUs and an extremely old dinosaur GPU can be called unoptimized

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cavauro posted:

I'm not sure how much longer requiring sandy/ivy bridge CPUs and an extremely old dinosaur GPU can be called unoptimized

they're looking at the recommended specs, which are theoretically recommended because they're the minimum hardware you need to make the game look & run good

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

I thought it was a reference to Trask

Jesus that's a long article for the goober who dies in the prologue tutorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I think it's easy to cut a 10-hour slice from a game like this to make it appear presentable, especially when it's split between SP and the MP which many people will want to try. More importantly, in order to access this, EA has already gotten some of your money, and I'd wager that most players who will participate have already pre-ordered Andromeda anyway. EA is essentially asking you to pay for a demo on product you've already bought and already have an interest in wanting to be good. The people who will play this 10 hour early access thing aren't the ones who need to be convinced, by and large they've probably already paid for Andromeda.
But you were and have been talking about technical issues that'd be immediately obvious - also, people on the fence will watch twitch/youtube playthroughs, and if the game was bad you'd see preorders get canceled, news articles everywhere, etc. And unlike a lot of, for example, Bethesda products, this isn't limited to people who sign contracts with EA.

Also it isn't some preselected 10 hour slice. There will probably be a limit on the story but the free roaming stuff will be open. The game magically being good for the first 10 hours then turning to garbage is a pretty ludicrous conspiracy

Basically the only thing that won't be apparent is the plot.

Sarmhan fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 24, 2017