Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

nice pg ya got here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Hahahaha, he can't conceive of a world in which people are upset by what 45 is doing.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

I haven't recieved my paycheck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRX9WfbBltk

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

paranoid randroid posted:

holy shti how do i get in on this

Where's my fukken check Soros

Edit: posting on noscope sex page

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Very naice

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

maybe the coal miners should turn into paid protesters bing boom so simple

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Mom and Dad went to a dinner show
They dropped me off some Sloppy Joe's
I kicked and screamed
Said, "Please, don't go!"

Grandma take me home!
Grandma take me home!
Grandma take me home!

Had to eat my dinner there
Mashed potatos and stuff like that
I couldn't chew my meat too good

Grandma take me home!
Grandma take me home!
Grandma take me home!

Said, "Why don't you stop your frying
Go outside and clean your grill"
That's what I did
I killed my steak!

Grandma take me home!
Grandma take me home!
Grandma take me home!

After dinner, I had ice cream
A bit of asleep, and watched FoodTV
I woke up in my mother's arms

Grandma take me home!
Grandma take me home!
Grandma take me home!
Wanna be alone!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

the NRA-enabled fascists are going to shoot up a bunch of trump voters in a week

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i love trump

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
$78000 a year to protest, yeah that seems probable

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

can confirm, i'm rich as gently caress now

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

It hasn’t much mattered whether a Democrat or a Republican was in the White House – the common denominator has been that each time, management won and the workers lost.

quote:

It hasn’t much mattered whether a Democrat or a Republican was in the White House – the common denominator has been that each time, management won and the workers lost.

quote:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
'Reince Priebus, FBI director James Comey and deputy director Andrew McCabe had a conversation which appears to violate justice department rules'
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/835192348711792640
June 2018: Steve Bannon sits alone in the White House, having purged every other member of the executive branch, including Donald Trump somehow.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Big Fat Iguana posted:

They're pretty careful to not kill any in the process actually https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2011/06/how-the-life-saving-blue-blood-of-horseshoe-crabs-is-extracted/241203/

Still, it's freaky as gently caress lol

Aaaaaah

quote:

That boat is then brought to shore and the process speeds up as the precious Horseshoe crabs are always returned to the ocean on the same day that they are captured. The crabs are placed inside of a dark, damp, enclosed vehicle and moved to the lab's facility. There, workers remove barnacles, sand and other debris on the shells in order to check for injuries or other obvious ailments. Any injured crabs don't move on to the next step for fear that they will be killed in the process.

Every healthy crab is folded in half at its hinged carapace and strapped to a metal bleeding table. There, a stainless steel needed is pushed into each one, piercing "the pericardium to drain the oxygenated blood that's on its way to the heart," according to Wired. "About 100 milliliters of blood drains into a sterilized bottle."

Once the bleeding is completed, the crabs are released far from where they were caught so that they aren't scooped up and re-bled before they have enough time to regenerate what has already been lost. Work, though, continues in the lab, where the powder-blue blood has to be spun in a centrifuge so that the desired elements can be isolated. The LAL, once siphoned off and bottled, is worth about $15,000 per quart.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

oooh *sucks air through teeth* don't say that in the democrat thread

oh yeah, well what if i do?????

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lastgirl posted:

lets hunt this weekend WW

what monster resembles donal trump the most

I'm thinkin an ugly nasty Khezu

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

Workers complain that successive CEOs have negotiated worse contracts and left shortly after with a big bonus. In 2008, Momentive slashed production workers’ wages by 25%-50%. In 2013 the company froze pensions for workers younger than 50. This time they came after healthcare, especially retiree healthcare.

Even the union sounds resigned to losing. “I know some of the guys were hoping that we would get a super-duper contract. But we did make gains, in that we didn’t lose some of the things that the company initially wanted to take from us,” Patrignani told the Times Union after the deal was struck.

In the meantime, the fortunes of Momentive’s owners and senior management have grown. The current CEO, the aptly named John Boss, took home $5.4m in salary and other compensation in 2015. His 2016 salary will be disclosed shortly; no one is expecting him to take a pay cut.

the solution is to impose top marginal tax rates of ~80% again under threat of guillotine

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

These are some good jobs. Trumpy creating those jobs he promised. Good job!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
the third 69

nice

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

He must be riding high since Trump's EO last week let him own guns again

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Apraxin posted:

'Reince Priebus, FBI director James Comey and deputy director Andrew McCabe had a conversation which appears to violate justice department rules'
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/835192348711792640
June 2018: Steve Bannon sits alone in the White House, having purged every other member of the executive branch, including Donald Trump somehow.

which story is true though

did the deputy director come to preibus and volunteer that it was BS, or did preibus try to lean on the deputy director

neither the fbi or wh is trustworthy

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

ex post facho posted:

the third 69

nice

Very satisfying.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tweet thread about Breitbart trying to secure senate press credentials w/o disclosing ownership

https://mobile.twitter.com/perlberg/status/835188428719411200

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

funny thing is, if they're saying that to people who are out of a job and are republicans, they might just go for broke on this sweet gig

1500 a week is more than any disappearing blue collar job

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Wayne LaPierre says the media has been too focused on Chelsea Manning's underwear.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

how do I get in touch with someone so I can get paid for protesting? sounds like a pretty good gig, literally no downside.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

watching wisconsin 2011 play out on the national stage in 2017 continues to be surreal but a real emotional anchor tied around my neck after weve all been thrown overboard because we lost in wisconsin and continue to lose in wisconsin

some rear end in a top hat who could find his shift key posted this in the gip current events thread a while back

Sexual Lorax posted:

Speaking as someone who protested through Wisconsin's Governor Walker's dismantling of public "we pinky swear cross our heart that we'll never go after private" unions where the Democratic minorities in both houses of the state legislature tried this same tactic, expect nonstop "THEY'RE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS" shrieking from the right when this hits the broader news. The hypocrisy of only having eight Supreme Court justices for nearly an entire year will not mute this in any way.

Also, expect quorum rules to change. The end game on this is fuckery around scheduling meetings, so votes can happen before the minority party even knows they're happening.

Also, expect public notifications regarding and visibility into legislative meetings to disappear, both to reduce protester presence as well as to try to sneak meetings past the minority party.

Also, expect governmental ethics/oversight to be gutted even further. Apparently it's less fun to set up a system in which all three branches of government get their strings jerked by the same puppeteer when legally mandated spotlights keep getting pointed at your shadowy poo poo.

Also, expect access to government buildings to be significantly reduced to the press, quiet activists, visitors with legitimate scheduled business, tourists, and protesters in the name of security. Combined with meeting schedule fuckery mentioned above, it becomes possible to plausibly deny physically locking members of the minority party out of where meetings are held. This actually happened in Wisconsin.

i dont know of any good after action reports on every last dirty trick the republicans pulled in wisconsin but i strongly suggest reading up on them if you can find them because you can be drat sure the bad guys were watching and learning when the good guys lost in my state

heres a good one security in my state capitol building was strengthened to limit protester entry after some loose 22 ammo was found sprinkled around the capitol lawn it was the falsest flaggiest false flag in the history of lying about vexillology i mean this is prime deer hunting country if you want to scare a wisconsin lawmaker you dont bring a loving varmint round you bring some real lead

jokes about lower productivity aside this is actually loving with me in for real sadbrains ways ive seen this before and protesting didnt make a squeaky wet fart of difference three gop branches of government just linked elbows wizard of oz style and skipped and danced over the skulls of people who were guilty of thinking that maybe helping each other out once in a while is more important than the next quarters financial report

i declare this a drinking weekend

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Coolguye posted:

this legitimately would not make sense unless you are familiar with the specifics of usage of medical insurance.

high risk individuals are called that because they are HIGH RISK individuals. if you give some old, hypertensive, lazy gently caress a lot of attention, load him up with blood pressure medication and get him into mandatory physical therapy to unlock his jammed up hip which is only frozen up because he doesn't goddamn do anything, the chances of you averting a non-catastrophic heart attack or stroke approach 100% very quickly. non-catastrophic, in this context, means 'that poo poo doesn't kill you'. if you have a stroke and it kills you, that is generally not that expensive because people usually die pretty quick and then it's a matter of putting them in the ground, which is not a health industry problem. healthy people will still die of a stroke, but it'll be their first stroke when they're 80 instead of their 5th when they're 70.

non-catastrophic events like that are incredibly expensive. the hospital stay is longer, the resuscitation is incredibly capital-intensive in that it requires lots of expensive machines and lots of time from very expensive people, and the person frequently doesn't recover fully so they require lots of expensive attention from expensive facilities afterward.

in short, if you can identify and pool specifically high risk individuals, you can better predict, budget, and respond to their needs - even if those people want to be curmudgeons about it. part of the problem in health insurance right now is that it's very difficult to tell who precisely is high risk and even if you identify them it's difficult to write policy to force them to get physicals and actually listen to their doctors so they don't keep chomping down on buckets of salt while their hearts literally steam like a boiler. when you hear politicians talking about preventative care, this is exactly the sort of risk discrimination poo poo they're talking about. it's good policy.

in practice, however, it'll never work until insurance companies themselves get their poo poo together with their own data, coordination with doctors, etc. you can talk about preventative care all you like, but the insurance companies are not currently set up to provide that care efficiently, effectively, and equitably. it's a problem with the merchants, not the politicians, but everyone continues to look at the clueless loving politicians to fix it when they should be demanding this crap from cigna and united healthcare.

good posts.

Everyone should post like this guy.

And also pics.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Weeping Wound posted:

I'm thinkin an ugly nasty Khezu

gently caress Khezus~

actually they're not so bad if you're ranged~ I'm maining Adept Light Bowgun, lets kill the donal trumps of khezu :toot:

I was thinking Blagongas were more like a Steve Bannon type and I HATE Blagonga

also let's kill some Nargacugas :3:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

“Everyone knows the risks,” Kevin Mack says. Dangers from hazardous materials come – “sometimes it’s in the blink of an eye, sometimes it’s long-term.” He had an operation for oral cancer last year, and Jack has had prostate cancer. Since they have been on strike, he’s met seven other men with similar diagnoses. Kevin said his healthcare was already inadequate to cover his family’s needs. Now he is being asked to pay into a health savings account to cover future costs.

Such a scheme might work for younger Momentive workers who don’t already have major medical bills and have enough time to save, but for Kevin, it’s too late. “I could never get enough money in there,” he says. And why are these changes necessary? he asks. To make rich men richer. “When are they going to stop?” he asks. “How much do they need?”

sorry idiot fuckos, 8 of 10 of your coworkers voted trump, it's death for you and your loved ones

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

RUM HAM posted:

Where's my fukken check Soros

Edit: posting on noscope sex page

tried to sign on with Soros LLC but the intersection package they offered barely covers the cost of my only qualifying trait because I am
- white
- cishet man
- middle class public educated
- but eats at Popeye's
ngl still thinking about risking my freedom and financial security for a fukken free 2-piece spicy cajun

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008

Sorosbucks paid protestor checks came early this week guys, mines already in my account

Thank u George Soros and your infinity money for helping me undermine Western civilization

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
capitalism, a method of economic organization predicated on infinite growth in a closed system of finite resources

lol

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the solution to unaffordable healthcare is to just loving die

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sexual Lorax posted:

heres a good one security in my state capitol building was strengthened to limit protester entry after some loose 22 ammo was found sprinkled around the capitol lawn it was the falsest flaggiest false flag in the history of lying about vexillology i mean this is prime deer hunting country if you want to scare a wisconsin lawmaker you dont bring a loving varmint round you bring some real lead

hahaha like Johnny Rifleseed showed up tryna sow some glockgrass at the capitol building

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
tbh if i'm ever termy i will leave a reign of terror in my wake amongst the 1%

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zegermans posted:

Another one of those "we're gonna start to plan something someday maybe" EOs that he'll brag about like it's already done.

It's complete poo poo b/c the mandates regulatory agency have to fulfill are legislative in nature, i.e. they can't do poo poo about it.

Chevron and other cases put the pressure on agencies as well too, giving them the tools and responsibility outside of legislation to fulfill those mandates.

They don't have a choice but to create new regulations.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

tweet thread about Breitbart trying to secure senate press credentials w/o disclosing ownership

Imagine a world were all these people are dead

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

War with the NRA would be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/perlberg/status/835195691228151808

• Locked thread