Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

What, like when this happened?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

How understanding is it to handwave away an entire group of people's concerns because "you shat on us white men for a decade now it's your turn to take the poo poo again?"

He's either trolling or is a goosestepping neo. Banning him would greatly improve gbs at any rate.

Edit: once again, nazi goons gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

What, like when this happened?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots

How understanding is it to handwave away an entire group of people's concerns because "you shat on us white men for a decade now it's your turn to take the poo poo again?"

That was early 90's

They're the ones afraid of payback, I think deep down they know they pushed too far

And we're talking about fears of people, not actual events, this concept of being "emboldened"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If that was early 90s, then what about this '95 and '01 riot?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Petersburg,_Florida_riots_of_1996

quote:

At least 20 people were arrested and 28 arson fires were confirmed as groups of youths ran back and forth throughout the night, throwing rocks, bricks and bottles at officers in riot gear, businesses and passing cars.[3] At least 11 people were injured, including a police officer who was shot and a newspaper photographer who was beaten, as hundreds of people swarmed through the streets after the shooting on October 24.[4] Stores were looted and thick smoke clouded the neighborhood just south of downtown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_riots_of_2001

quote:

The Cincinnati riots of 2001 were a series of civil disorders which took place in and around the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio from April 9 to 13, 2001. The riots were the largest urban disturbance in the United States since the 1992 Los Angeles riots.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They're the ones afraid of payback, I think deep down they know they pushed too far

Fam I really hope you're being facetious right now :\

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

WatermelonGun posted:

He's either trolling or is a goosestepping neo. Banning him would greatly improve gbs at any rate.

Edit: once again, nazi goons gently caress off.
on the other hand, that would help rationalize their victimization complex

though i guess pretty much anything can be used as rationale at this point

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

And we're talking about fears of people, not actual events, this concept of being "emboldened"

Do you not think that's a real thing?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Do you not think that's a real thing?

Is the white race to blame for everything? Would we be better off without white people? Why is this sign "OK"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Is the white race to blame for everything? Would we be better off without white people? Why is this sign "OK"

See why are you immediately leaping to "oh so THE WHITE RACE IS TO BLAME FOR EVERYTHING HUH?"

No, dude, obv that's not okay. First of all I'm pretty sure those signs aren't saying that but before you show me some signs that are actually advocating white genocide (I know they exist)... again so what? I can show you fringe elements from the right all day long and go "SEE? You're all EVIL!" But I'd be wrong.

The point is that those fringe elements do not represent THE ENTIRE left or right. Pretending like they do is silly. Richard Spencer does not, I hope, represent all conservatives in this country just as the people legit calling for white people to be killed off do not represent all leftists in this country.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 24, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And that all lets you completely sidestep the actual issue I'm talking about which is when your new president is appointing people like Steve Bannon and giving credence to Alex Jones it emboldens actual nutters in this country. That doesn't seem very far fetched to me? Saying "it's alright because the left wants all whites to die!" is nut talk man.

e: Didn't you just yesterday say "there's no huge group of racists out there thinking about destroying minorities?" But for some reason when it comes to the left there is actually a huge group of nuts wanting to destroy all white people and that's really what the left represents so gently caress 'em?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 24, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

The point is that those fringe elements do not represent THE ENTIRE left or right. Pretending like they do is silly. Richard Spencer does not, I hope, represent all conservatives in this country just as the people legit calling for white people to be killed off do not represent all leftists in this country.

Exactly so why is everyone afraid of everyone being "emboldened" or whatever and the Trump Nazi party when most people aren't like that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Exactly so why is everyone afraid of everyone being "emboldened" or whatever and the Trump Nazi party when most people aren't like that

Because people are shooting minorities in the street yelling "get out of my country" after a pretty xenophobic administration was elected to office.

They don't have to literally be the Nazi party for crazy racists to feel encouraged by their rhetoric.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Show me a clip where Alex Jones is racist

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Show me a clip where Alex Jones is racist

Show me a clip where Alex Jones is not a crazy person. The president of the United States shouldn't be encouraging people who say everything from 9/11 to Sandy Hook are false flags and whatever else that dude is frothing at the mouth about at any given moment.

But here you go

quote:

A lot of liberal women, as you know, the new thing is having a jihadi…There’s nothing sexier than a jihadi because it’s so fun to have him step on your head and kick you in the gut. Now, if the man treats you good and loves Jesus, he’s bad. But if he kicks you in the teeth and stomps on you, it’s liberal, it’s trendy, you go smoke hookah with him, and it’s fun.

"hoho mean white man is bad huh but a mean brown man yeah those lib women are aaaallll over it!"

wtf lol there's some racism and misogyny all together for you

e: Alex Jones says that, then the President of the United States says "Alex Jones, one of the last real media outlets out there!" or words to that effect. Then nutcases go "YEAH!" and have their mental illness encouraged by racist divisive poo poo like that. Why is that hard to believe?

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 24, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

e: Alex Jones says that, then the President of the United States says "Alex Jones, one of the last real media outlets out there!" or words to that effect. Then nutcases go "YEAH!" and have their mental illness encouraged by racist divisive poo poo like that. Why is that hard to believe?

Alex Jones' overall message is not racist.

Also, if you hadn't noticed, there is a Migrant crisis in Europe right now. He's not allowed to say anything about this?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Spunky Ho wants to create a future for white children.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Alex Jones' overall message is not racist.

Also, if you hadn't noticed, there is a Migrant crisis in Europe right now. He's not allowed to say anything about this?

Alex Jones is, either way, a nutcase. Yes? Nutcases talking about paranoiac conspiracy theories shouldn't be encouraged by the President of the United States.

And did I say he wasn't allowed to say anything about the European crisis? It's dumb to equate that to what we have though, which is 85,000 refugees (last I checked). There's no flood of millions of people coming over the Atlantic in an uncontrolled way.

Why is Trump talking about made up attacks in Sweden and never has once (afaik) mentioned that Ontario attack?

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Why is Trump talking about made up attacks in Sweden and never has once (afaik) mentioned that Ontario attack?
(it was an attack in Quebec)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kjoery posted:

(it was an attack in Quebec)

merde

Why is that water crisis in Flint still not handled? Why has the administration not even loving mentioned it once? There are, right now, thousands of Americans unable to get clean drinking water.

Do I just ignore the fact that they are predominantly black in a poor area of the country?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Look I'm lost, what is the point.

My point was that liberals are afraid of people being emboldened because they know that white men have been demonized to such an extent that they're really pissed off now. You know from hearing "YOU'RE A loving WHITE MALE" from Carl the Cuck and his ilk.

That's why you keep hearing "emboldened, emboldened"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Look I'm lost, what is the point.

My point was that liberals are afraid of people being emboldened because they know that white men have been demonized to such an extent that they're really pissed off now. You know from hearing "YOU'RE A loving WHITE MALE" from Carl the Cuck and his ilk.

That's why you keep hearing "emboldened, emboldened"

People are afraid of racists being emboldened because the result is violence and death.

Carl the Cuck calling you a filthy white male is so what fam. I lol when someone calls me a filthy white male. It's great to be a white male in this country. I'm not afraid for my life when purple haired androgynous person waving dildos at me calls me evil (not that it has ever happened, I still feel like people are taking that poo poo way too drat personally).

Meanwhile Jewish organizations are getting bomb threats at a pretty rapid pace. That's the same?

You hear the phrase emboldened because literally someone just shot at 2 not white people while yelling "get out of my country!" and there are people in the news article comments cheering it on.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 24, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

People are afraid of racists being emboldened because the result is violence and death.

Carl the Cuck calling you a filthy white male is so what fam. I lol when someone calls me a filthy white male. It's great to be a white male in this country. I'm not afraid for my life when purple haired androgynous person waving dildos at me calls me evil (not that it has ever happened, I still feel like people are taking that poo poo way too drat personally).

Ok great, you're fine with it. I'm just telling you what middle aged white men feel like when they see some twiggy little college poo poo tell them to shut up because they're a white male

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Ok great, you're fine with it. I'm just telling you what middle aged white men feel like when they see some twiggy little college poo poo tell them to shut up because they're a white male

The middle aged white men were offended when Obama was president so therefore it is fine when people shoot at minorities because they have it coming. That's basically the crux of your argument then?

It's fine that gay people have their rights curtailed, they called us mean names. That's what you're saying.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

The middle aged white men were offended when Obama was president so therefore it is fine when people shoot at minorities because they have it coming. That's basically the crux of your argument then?

No one should be shooting anyone

I don't get how explaining a situation is apologizing for it.

Its like I said before, people are blaming Trump for reality when they should be blaming reality for Trump

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No one should be shooting anyone

I don't get how explaining a situation is apologizing for it.

Its like I said before, people are blaming Trump for reality when they should be blaming reality for Trump

It's pretty ridiculous to state that the president of the United States does not set any kind of national discourse at all. It's pretty ridiculous to state that no bad people are encouraged when, according to the SPLC, we are now in year 2 of a pretty decent uptick in number of hate groups in the USA.

Or this for example

quote:

The latest FBI statistics show that hate crimes against Muslims grew by 67 percent in 2015, the year in which Trump launched his campaign.

and rising. And the Sikhs are caught up in that too 'cuz hey turban on their heads.

quote:

“2016 was an unprecedented year for hate,” said Mark Potok, senior fellow and editor of the Intelligence Report. “The country saw a resurgence of white nationalism that imperils the racial progress we’ve made, along with the rise of a president whose policies reflect the values of white nationalists. In Steve Bannon, these extremists think they finally have an ally who has the president's ear.

Stick your fingers in your ears all you want, fam.

quote:

Also, in a post-election SPLC survey of 10,000 educators, 90 percent said the climate at their schools had been negatively affected by the campaign. Eighty percent described heightened anxiety and fear among students, particularly immigrants, Muslims and African Americans. Numerous teachers reported the use of slurs, derogatory language and extremist symbols in their classrooms.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 24, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

It's pretty ridiculous to state that the president of the United States does not set any kind of national discourse at all. It's pretty ridiculous to state that no bad people are encouraged when, according to the SPLC, we are now in year 2 of a pretty decent uptick in number of hate groups in the USA.

Or this for example

You're sounding like Alex Jones when he talks about Obama ultimately being responsible for the Dallas police shootings

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're sounding like Alex Jones when he talks about Obama ultimately being responsible for the Dallas police shootings

Alex Jones says Obama is *literally* responsible for them because of a false flag operation.

I'm saying a xenophobic administration's rhetoric encourages racist activities by independent bad actors.

If you think those two are equivalent, there is no purpose in continuing this discussion. Also address the stats I just posted.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

lol what a triggered snowflake.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

These people do actually have to worry about violence being done to them in every day life like others don't.

And honestly it feels like the amount of people all defensive and butthurt about "white men being told to shut up" is pretty ridiculous.

I think the logic you apply to your second point is just as easily applied to your first. In a country of 318 million people I don't think either is actually an issue statistically but when you've got 24 news reporting on every fringe case it can certainly seem like it is.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

reeeeeeeeee

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Alex Jones says Obama is *literally* responsible for them because of a false flag operation.

I'm saying a xenophobic administration's rhetoric encourages racist activities by independent bad actors.

If you think those two are equivalent, there is no purpose in continuing this discussion. Also address the stats I just posted.

No, the argument is that Obama's pro-BLM and wishy washy stance on the police, in conjunction with politicians race baiting, led to the shootings

The guy was "emboldened" by those. You're saying the same thing but reversed

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Mordor She Wrote posted:

they have become the rainbow haired victims that they so despised in the first place, yes. now all thats left is for the two groups to merge together and become the oppression screaming monster that will put an end to humanity once and for all.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Mordor She Wrote posted:

:boom:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No, the argument is that Obama's pro-BLM and wishy washy stance on the police, in conjunction with politicians race baiting, led to the shootings

The guy was "emboldened" by those. You're saying the same thing but reversed

Well sorry but tbh I'm not fully up on what Alex Jones talks about because that dude is crazy. Last clip I saw from him he was yelling about Hillary struggling to open a jar of pickles or something.

Alex Jones may have a point about that particular instance then but even a broken clock is right 2 times a day. Obama certainly wasn't perfect and I'm not arguing he was. Still, the Dallas shooting was one incident compared to a rash of them all over.

Smeed posted:

I think the logic you apply to your second point is just as easily applied to your first. In a country of 318 million people I don't think either is actually an issue statistically but when you've got 24 news reporting on every fringe case it can certainly seem like it is.

Fair enough I suppose, depends on where you live though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
If I had a trans child I don't care what bathroom they would use at the adoption home

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34dJ7nheBaw

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

If I had a trans child I don't care what bathroom they would use at the adoption home

Up all night thinking of that one?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I lust for white death.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

He was right about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xncw-x6sXEA

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He was right about that

I'm not saying he wasn't, that poo poo just made me laugh because this is apparently modern American politics. #PickleGate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Alex jones is like watching wrestling for people who use the internet instead of watching tv. He's certainly more entertaining

• Locked thread