Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

SoldadoDeTone posted:

Holy hell is the faction war going poorly for the knights all of a sudden. We're down to eight territories this morning, fellow tinheads.

I saw this an i'm worried about what happens when they hit our HQ, i'm assuming some kind of bonus points thing at the end of the season maybe? During the beta it was the EU guys that were keeping us going strong after hours i think.

I mean if you really care about the faction war then i think the only answer is to play nothing but dominion since you can get so many points in that mode that it kinda overshadows everything else, especially if you're counting in the front bonuses. I think there's a reason you really only see the big pushes of territories whenever Dominion switches around on which front it's at.

Either they need to have War Assets be maybe a team based effort and not personal or give a bonus when playing a gamemode where you're not going to get 8+ kills every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Nasgate posted:

In case any noobs are reading the thread and think this guy isn't an idiot.
1. All three heavy characters have ways to easily end an assassins combos, whether it be omniblock or passive armor. These are also very useful against all classes.
2. All non-assassin classes have way more control of where they want the fight and the fights pacing with various zoning moves and tosses. Hybrids are the best at this, but heavies come in close second.
3. The assassins don't have any unblockables, which every other class has. The heavy classes have the best ones.
4. The heavy classes have easy, safe ways to ensure heavy attacks hit. Assassins get heavies in purely via player skill and luck.

1- the problem with ending the combo with omniblock is that only the warlord has a real follow up, and even that is only a light attack hit. Tell a shugoki main your point one and watch him laugh at you.
Blocking a light without a gaurenteed follow up is a reset to a neutral, which assassin's have an advantage over you because they are faster in every aspect.

2- this is utter nonsense. How does being slower and permanently on the defensive give you any control over the pace or location.

3- orochi has one, peacekeeper has two. Zerker doesn't, but he also has insane damage and hyper armor on some attacks.

4-also utter nonsense. Every single assassin can GB into heavy, while only the warlord can do that. Not gonna count demon ball because although its the most fun move it also does much less damage than a real heavy.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don't agree with most of the arguments made, but yea, as a Shugoki you don't block Assassins. You Parry them for GC into Homerun, or you trade through your armour. The problem with each of those is Parrying is super unreliable versus a lot of Assassin attacks (loving Nobushi lights) and trading sometimes can get you hit twice before your first swing lands.

Headbutt is even more frustrating. You take all of their Stamina, and they can still just roll away and recharge it before you can ever reach them. Net outcome is the move being worthless in that circumstance, unless you have them at least semi-cornered - And if you're cornered by Shugoki, you GONNA DIE ANYWAY.

E: Not agreeing with Double Monocle elsewhere (I think you have a case, but the arguments so far don't hold up) but just thought I'd call that piece out, specifically for Shugoki.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Captain Oblivious posted:

Wardens vortex, mixup options via top light and zone, and crushing counterstrike ability do not constitute a generic moveset no. It is the best moveset currently in the game.

It if was slower it'd be easy to avoid, like the other classes combos. The reason it's so devastating is because it's so hard to react to

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Shockeh posted:

I don't agree with most of the arguments made, but yea, as a Shugoki you don't block Assassins. You Parry them for GC into Homerun, or you trade through your armour. The problem with each of those is Parrying is super unreliable versus a lot of Assassin attacks (loving Nobushi lights) and trading sometimes can get you hit twice before your first swing lands.

Headbutt is even more frustrating. You take all of their Stamina, and they can still just roll away and recharge it before you can ever reach them. Net outcome is the move being worthless in that circumstance, unless you have them at least semi-cornered - And if you're cornered by Shugoki, you GONNA DIE ANYWAY.

E: Not agreeing with Double Monocle elsewhere (I think you have a case, but the arguments so far don't hold up) but just thought I'd call that piece out, specifically for Shugoki.

I've found a decent way to put on pressure as a Shugoki against an out-of-stamina opponent is to exit combat mode and just run at them. That creates a mixup: Either they dodge, in which case you can just hit guardbreak and have it guaranteed (the GB has enough range to even hit backwards dodges most of the time), or they go for an attack/counter-GB in which case you can hit charge of the oni and bowl them over for a free sideways heavy.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Got my Warden a unique weapon look. Name's Gilgamesh.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Think I'm in love with the Warlord. Love the super armor on his heavy, and some of his moves are deceptively fast. His full shield is stupid quick and you can basically always get a GB after it, plus the shield slam parry chunks their stamina like no other. The fact that you have full control to manhandle people and also look like a badass Viking with an amazing beard is just icing on the cake, why play anything else?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SoldadoDeTone posted:

Holy hell is the faction war going poorly for the knights all of a sudden. We're down to eight territories this morning, fellow tinheads.

in the middle of a move, wont be able to help with The Reconquista until next week

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Fuzz posted:

Think I'm in love with the Warlord. Love the super armor on his heavy, and some of his moves are deceptively fast. His full shield is stupid quick and you can basically always get a GB after it, plus the shield slam parry chunks their stamina like no other. The fact that you have full control to manhandle people and also look like a badass Viking with an amazing beard is just icing on the cake, why play anything else?

Yeah, their leaping strike fucks up runners as well.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Perestroika posted:

Definitely throw distance. I've got that on my Shugoki, and together with the relevant trait I can bowl people down ledges from half a mile away.

The Shugoki "homerun" move is independent of your throw distance stat. It's that long by default.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Agean90 posted:

Yeah, their leaping strike fucks up runners as well.

And the dash forward headbutt is quick and hard as poo poo to parry.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
So fun little 50/50 you can force as raider. If they're out of stamina you can toss an unblockable and cancel it. If they try to parry (since they can't feint cancel it when out of stamina), you parry and can get a guaranteed overhead heavy (which hits like a loving mack truck) and do it again.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Fuzz posted:

Wait, you can parry this? What the heck have I even been doing.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

FunkMonkey posted:

Wait, you can parry this? What the heck have I even been doing.

...I don't think you can parry it. What would the animation for that even be?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Haroshia posted:

So fun little 50/50 you can force as raider. If they're out of stamina you can toss an unblockable and cancel it. If they try to parry (since they can't feint cancel it when out of stamina), you parry and can get a guaranteed overhead heavy (which hits like a loving mack truck) and do it again.

I've actually found that against the classes with slower heavies it's better to just cancel it directly into a guardbreak. If they fell for it you get the GB because they're early in the swing. If they didn't you still get a GB attempt. I lost a few fights before doing this because the Shugoki slow heavy takes so long it's actually really hard to parry.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

I've actually found that against the classes with slower heavies it better to just cancel it directly into a guardbreak. If they fell for it you get the GB because they're early in the swing. If they didn't you still get a GB attempt. I lost a few fights before doing this because the Shugoki slow heavy takes so long it's actually really hard to parry.

Can you overhead heavy from a gb throw when they have no stamina?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Haroshia posted:

Can you overhead heavy from a gb throw when they have no stamina?

Yeah just toss to the floor and take 2 steps then overhead. Mind you that's normal throw, not carry and toss.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Fuzz posted:

its really hard to parry because u cant parry it at all u dork lol!!

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

Yeah just toss to the floor and take 2 steps then overhead.

Good to know since instead of parrying the lighter classes will try to dodge. Not AS good because the parry keeps them out of stamina, but an option for Orochis and Peacekeepers.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Haroshia posted:

...I don't think you can parry it. What would the animation for that even be?

It's an orange unblockable from neutral stance so I wouldn't have figured, which is why him saying it surprised me. I like to think if you could parry it it would be a Three Stooges-esque eye poke, complete with "HONK" sound effect.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Feb 24, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

That would explain why no one has parried it from me, then! :iamafag:

Anyone have suggestions I the NAT issue? Matchmaking is terrible for me.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Fuzz posted:

Enable UPNP on your router to fix your NAT, or get good and learn technical stuff.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

why does this AAA $60 game have so many microtransactions

A) have you ever played COD or Battlefield?

B) It doesn't. Everything can be earned in-game. And there's not much else to spend your steel on anyways.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Stunning graphics. My loading screen with the characters? The characters were blurry. Territory screen? Blurry. (a game reset fixed it) I also do love games that refuse to window from time to time when I press the window key.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Feb 24, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

Stunning graphics. My loading screen with the characters? Blurry. Territory screen? Blurry. (a game reset fixed it) I also do love games that refuse to window from time to time when I press the window key.

This is actually a long time filming technique to make very fat people on camera look thinner on the cheap. Get edumacated.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

For Honor: Vaseline on the camera lens to make your Shugoki look svelt. It's a feature!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Fuzz posted:

Set your computer/console as a DMZ. Alternatively, make sure you're not port forwarding ranges, but rather the individual ports.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Conq help: is a heavy not guaranteed after the shield bash? I keep hearing that it is, yet every Warden on the planet constantly shuts it down.

Really wondering if I should stick with this guy when Warlord feels so much easier to play in the same niche.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

The Iron Rose posted:

Set your computer/console as a DMZ. Alternatively, make sure you're not port forwarding ranges, but rather the individual ports.

Putting your computer in the DMZ , do port forwarding or UPNP.

Most routers treat DMZ as if your computer is external, meaning i can ping your computer and do a port scan on it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Rainuwastaken posted:

Conq help: is a heavy not guaranteed after the shield bash? I keep hearing that it is, yet every Warden on the planet constantly shuts it down.

Really wondering if I should stick with this guy when Warlord feels so much easier to play in the same niche.

Nope. Only a light is confirmed after shield bash. Unless you push them into a wall with the bash. Then a side heavy is confirmed I think.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Update from a UBI developer on Reddit:

quote:

Today (Feb 24th) we have enabled a change via a seamless maintenance which will improve the experience for players joining a match in progress in 4v4 modes. We are reducing the window of time that a player can be placed into an in-progress match, so the likelihood of being put into a match that's almost over will be greatly reduced. This, in turn, should reduce the number of players dropping before a match ends.

Details below.

Dominion: -Join In Progress time reduced from 4 minutes to 2 minutes. (IE you cannot be placed into a match that's already beyond the first two minutes of play.)

Deathmatch: - Join in Progress time reduced from 4 minutes to 1 minute.

Please let us know if you this improves your experience, as we continue to work hard on addressing connectivity issues players are running into. We are very aware that connectivity in general is a very big topic here and you should know it is truly our top priority on the development team. There are a lot of different topics rolled into "connectivity", such as Matchmaking, NAT, Grouping, Stability, Join in progress, and more, each of which needs consideration when talking about the overall connectivity experience.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

NO MY EASY XP/STEEL ENDGAME MIDJOINS WHY

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Now change it from 2 minutes to 0 minutes, allow people to join during post-game lobby, and eliminate the auto-launch timer (just make it launch when everyone hits READY) and you'll have a system that isn't a loving joke.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Chomp8645 posted:

Now change it from 2 minutes to 0 minutes, allow people to join during post-game lobby, and eliminate the auto-launch timer (just make it everyone readies up) and you'll have a system that isn't a loving joke.

terrible, good, terrible respectively

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

Now change it from 2 minutes to 0 minutes, allow people to join during post-game lobby, and eliminate the auto-launch timer (just make it launch when everyone hits READY) and you'll have a system that isn't a loving joke.

And while we are at it remove gear.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
To touch back on an earlier discussion, against an exhausted opponent the best tool the Shugoki has is charge of the oni. What you need to do is mix it up with guard breaks. Sprint at someone and they have to make a choice between holding their ground to counter guardbreak or dodging to avoid the charge. The counter to this is rolling or dodging attacks, but neither of those can be done when out of stamina.

Only problem is it can be awkward building up enough sprinting distance and you might just end up rolling into them like an idiot.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Keegers posted:

And while we are at it remove gear.

I would actually be ok with this. The ideal scenario is that they make gear stats Cool and Good but that's lottery odds right there so just scraping it is much safer.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Why remove gear? A lot of people have sunk tonnes of time and effort into getting decent sets of gear. I've spent all this time since launch getting my Orochi to Prestige 3, and then I spent all the steel I earned (9000) on buying armour kits and weapon kits.

It'd be a huge slap in the face if Ubisoft removed gear just because. Adjusting gear so it's not overpowered (like insta-revenge gears are) are acceptable. But everything else should stay as is.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Loopoo posted:

Why remove gear? A lot of people have sunk tonnes of time and effort into getting decent sets of gear. I've spent all this time since launch getting my Orochi to Prestige 3, and then I spent all the steel I earned (9000) on buying armour kits and weapon kits.

It'd be a huge slap in the face if Ubisoft removed gear just because. Adjusting gear so it's not overpowered (like insta-revenge gears are) are acceptable. But everything else should stay as is.

Not to mention all the hard earned dollars I spent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Loopoo posted:

You're right, it won't get removed, because people would freak the gently caress out after spending $$$ on it. It shouldn't have been put there in the first place, though. It's just a pathetic attempt at shoe-horning in some sort of grinding mechanic into the game.