Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
Was early trump thread full of non acclerationists?

where do we stand on that?

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle, kind of like a third way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
the hiring freeze specifically exempts public safety workers

i need the federal government to keep me safe from weed, and immigrants

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

mmm rissoto

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"stop freaking out" i continued to insist to people, assured that hillary would win, as i turn into a concentration camp attendee

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

That's a pretty decent paycheck. Like, the equivalent of a $78,000 salary. Actually, more than that, when you consider this is likely tax free. I'm in.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

Oh ed balls wants to watch it burn

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Salt Fish posted:

That's 78,000 a year which is like the 70th percentile for US households.

poo poo dude let's just get the billionaires to host a series of protests until we're all middle class

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

here's an example of a press gaggle, being held by tony snow when he first became press sec in 06. that office is spicey's now

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

magiccarpet posted:

mmm rissoto

trader joes mushroom risotto owns

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

federal hiring freeze doesnt apply to law enforcement iirc

theyre dumb but not quite that dumb
except it actually does and anyone who hires them can't actually legally pay them

customs agents are incredibly understaffed to handle air traffic and there are no new ones for example

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/vaguepanda/status/835206545570922496

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Not a Children posted:

poo poo dude let's just get the billionaires to host a series of protests until we're all middle class

an economy predicated entirely on the rich paying the masses to protest other rich people

hm, i feel a TED Talk coming on

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

there wolf lmao posted:

There were a bunch of unironic and badly mental ill trump posters like Prorat who got ran out to gbs.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i would quit my job and move to the US to protest every day for $1500 USD every week

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

misdirectomy posted:

Sorosbucks paid protestor checks came early this week guys, mines already in my account

Thank u George Soros and your infinity money for helping me undermine Western civilization

idk about you, but I donate all my soros checks to charity

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

ex post facho posted:

"we need 10,000 more ICE stormtroopers"

"uh...you issued a federal hiring freeze"

DURRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRR DUHHHHHHHHHHHH DURRRRRRRRR DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

*10,000 ICE stormtroopers get hired anyway*

have this many people not yet clued in to how this works? you think politifact is gonna win this war?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

except it actually does and anyone who hires them can't actually legally pay them

customs agents are incredibly understaffed to handle air traffic and there are no new ones for example

haha this is great

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

lol what

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Shutting out the media doesn't work when there are tons of leakers willing to give more accurate information to them, all it does is remove the administration's platform to combat the leaks

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

triple sulk posted:

trader joes mushroom risotto owns

is it boxed? that sound good, risotto is the best

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

here's an example of a press gaggle, being held by tony snow when he first became press sec in 06. that office is spicey's now

Tony Snow: anecdotal proof that lying out of your rear end is carcinogenic.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"im literally too retarded to govern!! vote for me!!" - trump, to millions of enthusiastic voters

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nonsense posted:

is it boxed? that sound good, risotto is the best

it's frozen, like $3 a bag or something. just heat it in the pan or microwave. it's really good

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"we are going to dismantle the power of the federal government"
"uh the states have some issues with what you're doing"
"WHO CARES WHAT THE STATES THINK? JUST OVERRIDE THEM WITH THE FULL POWER AND MIGHT OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!'

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Citizen Tayne posted:

After 25 years of being indoctrinated with lugenpresse propaganda, his core supporters don't give a gently caress about any of those sources. If Donnie told them the sky was green now, they'd believe it.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_COMIVA_110416.pdf

ppp polling had clinton up by 5 in michigan and virgina, tweeting lovely polling doesn't mean anything anymore and you are a muppet if you believe it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
we have discerned that the leaker is sean spicer, who has been leaking things to the press by standing at the press podium and speaking

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I don't know why people are angry spicer only wants to gaggle with white supremacists? Let him own and the administration own this poo poo. The mainstream press is likely locked out for good, and they know it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

there wolf lmao posted:

Legends say of an idiot king who would not wear the red hat

the name is shame, the name is piss

the name is Boosted

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nonsense posted:

I don't know why people are angry spicer only wants to gaggle with white supremacists? Let him own and the administration own this poo poo. The mainstream press is likely locked out for good, and they know it.
*a shifty-eyed germany tugs on china's shoulder and points at the united states government*

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/BretBaier/status/835206562549493760

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

ex post facho posted:

"im literally too retarded to govern!! vote for me!!" - trump, to millions of enthusiastic voters

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

what?

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
hopefully by the en d of next week spice can just stand at the podium in front of all empty seats, talk and chew his gum in PEACE

so much for the tolerant left

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

nyt reporter being serious

https://mobile.twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/835201478579081218

wapo reporter cracking wise

https://mobile.twitter.com/ktumulty/status/835204356299448320

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

fox news guy saying all news orgs should be invited

i expect him booted out of fox on his rear end in a week for not toeing the putin party line

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hahah WHY DID CONSERVATIVE PRESS NOT TREAT OBAMA AS TRUMP TREATS FAKE NEWS TODAY??

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mintskoal posted:

It's doing a lot worse than Minnesota but not nearly as bad as Kansas. Wisconsin had the whole union busting thing but didn't enact completely insane tea party tax policies

What's the state and local electoral map like in Wis? Even Kansas has people defeating Tea party nutjobs.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

yeah the obama white house tried to pick a fight early on with fox news over bullshit coverage and it basically backfired bc all the news orgs circled wagons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Also I think I said it in December. The press should have ceased coverage and or attending Trump's gigs. He'd go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ex post facho posted:

"we need 10,000 more ICE stormtroopers"

"uh...you issued a federal hiring freeze"

DURRRRR DURRRRRRRRRRR DUHHHHHHHHHHHH DURRRRRRRRR DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

Plus there's the issue of, you know, finding qualif-pfffhahaha these people aren't gonna have to pass poo poo to get hired.

NPR did an interview the other day with someone who used to be high up in Border Patrol and they had real issues finding enough qualified people to fill the desired increases because so many people were just straight up felons who wanted to smuggle drugs. I'm assuming something similar's gonna happen here.

• Locked thread