Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Gringostar posted:

thank god only the white supremacists will vote for trump in the election

well I mean the republican party is still a significant chunk of the american electorate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

ShutteredIn posted:

These people have never been involved in government hiring. It's going to take loving ages to hire ICE agents.

I too am shocked that a man who's much talked-about construction deals routinely used undocumented labor paid below market rates doesn't know much about actual hiring practices.

RUM HAM
Sep 25, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Plus there's the issue of, you know, finding qualif-pfffhahaha these people aren't gonna have to pass poo poo to get hired.

NPR did an interview the other day with someone who used to be high up in Border Patrol and they had real issues finding enough qualified people to fill the desired increases because so many people were just straight up felons who wanted to smuggle drugs. I'm assuming something similar's gonna happen here.

You beat me to this. If we thought LEO was bad and abusive now, a mass hiring on the scale they're hinting will make current law enforcement look like a bastion of civil and fair justice.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gringostar posted:

thank god only the white supremacists can vote in the election
fixed for the last days of the weimar republic

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol townhalls seem so conservative in context, are full of angry people baying for the blood of Republicans

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

there wolf lmao posted:

Was early trump thread full of non acclerationists?

where do we stand on that?

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle, kind of like a third way

hard not to be an accelerationist when you've discovered that somebody's glued the pedal down

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Plus there's the issue of, you know, finding qualif-pfffhahaha these people aren't gonna have to pass poo poo to get hired.

NPR did an interview the other day with someone who used to be high up in Border Patrol and they had real issues finding enough qualified people to fill the desired increases because so many people were just straight up felons who wanted to smuggle drugs. I'm assuming something similar's gonna happen here.

That would be awesome.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Shageletic posted:

What's the state and local electoral map like in Wis? Even Kansas has people defeating Tea party nutjobs.

s l o w l y, but yeah, house has a Dem-SaneGOP majority coalition, but Brownback teatsucklers still control the Senate- that might change after '18 but I dunno, I've seen bupkis from the local dems on social media, and I'm in the most leftist zip code in a 200 mile radius

meanwhile, no national town halls, though they held one with empty chairs containing portraits of our congressfucks, and Brownback remains off camera as often as he can get away with, as if we still had any kind of strong local media to hold him to the fire

it bad, but even in the absence of locally-owned and operated journalism, there's pushback

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nonsense posted:

lol townhalls seem so conservative in context, are full of angry people baying for the blood of Republicans
the punchline is that the town hall protests actually consist of mostly conservatives

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Meanwhile, "god bless wikileaks!"

loving hypocrites.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i SMOKE CRACK and i VOTE REPUBLICAN, and im ALL OUT OF CRACK

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

mormonpartyboat posted:

just give ice the power to deputize militias

bing bing bong

grab em by the posse (comitatus)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

could you imagine if our founding fathers had been angrily protesting and doing outrageous things like throwing tea into a harbor or something? we sure as hell wouldn't be a democracy!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How long till journalists are murdered .

A month?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Wayne LaPierre is exhibit A as to why Obama's ban on the mentally ill having guns was a good idea.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

wow guys trump's going to hang comey??

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
coke is nice but the drip is nasty

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i prefer pepsi

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Thinking about it, naming the soon-to-be premier drug smuggling agency ICE was prescient.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
accelerator? I hardly knew 'er!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Peanut Butler posted:

s l o w l y, but yeah, house has a Dem-SaneGOP majority coalition, but Brownback teatsucklers still control the Senate- that might change after '18 but I dunno, I've seen bupkis from the local dems on social media, and I'm in the most leftist zip code in a 200 mile radius

meanwhile, no national town halls, though they held one with empty chairs containing portraits of our congressfucks, and Brownback remains off camera as often as he can get away with, as if we still had any kind of strong local media to hold him to the fire

it bad, but even in the absence of locally-owned and operated journalism, there's pushback

It's interesting to here that there isn't any "strong local media" as being in NYC has spoiled me in many ways, but the voracious appetite it has on digging poo poo up on Deblazio, Cuomo, and other state leaders is both strong and good.

Cable consolidation really hosed over Kansas I guess?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the punchline is that the town hall protests actually consist of mostly conservatives

and they're often held in churches

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

SpaceGoku posted:

yeah our border is going to become even more porous if they ramp up hiring

we thought the heroin epidemic was bad now, it will be nothing compared to what it's like when we lose the ACA and Jack Dildo, rookie CBP agent, gets a $10,000 "bonus" from drug cartels to let them smuggle in tractor trailers full of heroin

So you're saying I could make quite a buck as a border patrol agent

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

What's the state and local electoral map like in Wis? Even Kansas has people defeating Tea party nutjobs.

gerrymandered to gently caress and back thats what its like

the reason courts told the gop state government to gently caress off with their busted rear end map and try again has oh i dont know something to do with getting slightly more than half the votes in wisconsin but hold about two thirds of both state legislatures

im trying to find current maps for you but apparently wisconsin is just too rural and agricultural to justify putting numbers from a chart into a picture

if i find something ill post it

until then madison (represent) and milwaukee are as safe as any democratic stronghold in the nation with some smatterings of blue elsewhere around the state pretty much if you have a university of wisconsin campus in your area youll lean blue and if you dont well you dint need none of that book larnin anywho so hold mah leinies original and watch me vote to destroy the union because it pisses off those madison hippie faggots

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
holy gently caress, boyd county:

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article134722264.html

quote:

An Eastern Kentucky police chief has removed large decals with the Punisher skull and “Blue Lives Matter” from eight police cars after a backlash following the publication of a Herald-Leader story.

hmm, a punisher skull on police cruisers? well why would you do

quote:

“That design is basically to give back to the police officers,” Logan, who has been with the department for 13 years, said before reversing course on the emblems. “Our lives matter just as much as anybody’s. ... I’m not racist or anything like that, I’m not trying to stir anything up like that. I consider it to be a ‘warrior logo.’ Just cause it has ‘Blue Lives Matter’ on the hood, all lives matter. That decal represents that we will take any means necessary to keep our community safe."

just a tip, if you're defending something you do and, unprompted, you feel compelled to say "I'm not a racist" you're most definitely a loving racist

quote:

“I don’t see why they’d waste the money, honestly,” said Brown, a Catlettsburg native whose family owns the IGA grocery in town. “My main objective is to make sure the taxpayers’ money is used in the most efficient way possible. It wasn’t expensive, but still. If it’s something they feel strongly about, they’re risking their lives and I understand that. I just think it’s a little bit strange. There’s been a lot of people mistreated by police, and their lives matter, too, like that guy in North Carolina.”

hey look, a city council member who won't be re-elected lol

quote:

Photos of the Catlettsburg police cars were positively featured on the Kentucky Going Blue’s Facebook page, but on Reddit’s Kentucky community, the response was more critical. Reddit users questioned the legality of the decals and whether the Punisher was “a really poorly thought-out message for a law enforcement agency to be putting out there.”

umm, kentucky's reddit community is a force for good? what in the gently caress?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Regular Nintendo posted:

They should meet for a photo op so they can be killed with one bullet. Fiscal responsibility

No way a bullet that travels through Ken gets all the way through Joe or vice versa. Being a massive shitfuck has it's perks.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

for sale at cpac

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Thatim posted:

Within margin of error.

Come on dude. I know the polls hurt your feeling last year.

pay the brokebrain who was melting down about Milo's pedo stuff no mind.

Mnoba posted:

i agree with milo on child loving, you can read his opinion on instagram, your little act is cute but it got trump elected

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 24, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ken Bone is bad

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I guess it was during the brief period when the us was in ww1.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Things are not good at all

Going to get tanked tonight

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jazerus posted:

wow guys trump's going to hang comey??

Have you seen that guy you'd need to cut down a redwood to make the gallows

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

euphronius posted:

Things are not good at all

Going to get tanked tonight

stay safe tank ghost

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Big Fat Iguana posted:

So you're saying I could make quite a buck as a border patrol agent

theoretically

you may need to take power drills to dude's kneecaps, and you'd be at risk of having your head (sans body) show up somewhere if you gently caress up

but yeah

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nonsense posted:

Ken Bone is bad

he is soft

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Ken Bone is bad

YEA BAD TO THE BONE

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Turdfuzz posted:

YEA BAD TO THE BONE

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Admiral Ray posted:

on the off chance i survive nuclear war it's gonna be super weird to tell new people that donald trump was elected because people wanted a better life

if you're not making poo poo up about Godzillas and Hitlers and the super human powers of those that came before (and how you can access them by smoking these herbs and eating these mushrooms) your tribe is going to be absolutely hosed when my tribe encounters them

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Turdfuzz posted:

YEA BAD TO THE BONE

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zegermans posted:

Have you seen that guy you'd need to cut down a redwood to make the gallows