Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

They are fought at every turn by Anime-Cousin and Bird Hating Ex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

buncha gains goblins itt

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Barudak posted:

They're two cops with nothing to lose who never give up the pursuit. They're Hawk and Hound, and they always catch their man.

I would watch the gently caress out of this show.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
You have your old avatar back. Just in time to be "dogged"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Not sure if this was posted already because it's old, but:

My [22 F] Family and Husband [23M] Fought and Our Marriage Might End Soon Because of Me!

quote:

First, thank you all for the replies ahead of time. Every reply can help me save my marriage and I'm very grateful for all of you. Please read everything.

My husband and I live in Northern California (I'm a stay at home mommy and my husband has a very high-paying tech job) and we've been married for 2 years as of Valentine's Day.
Last Friday, we had a family dinner with my parents, brothers, sisters at my parent's house (in rural Arkansas, where I grew up). We have a baby girl and my husband's responsible sister adores her and wanted to care for her while we were gone so we felt safe.

Aside from my husband and I, our families don't get along and never talk to each other. Much has to do with the fact that we're an interracial couple (I'm French and he's Hispanic) and while his side is disappointed but willing to be friendly to me and my family, my father, sisters, and brothers hate him and his family for the fact that he "corrupted their daughter/sister". I love my family and they're very loving to me and always have been: it's just this racism part of them that ruins them. My mother is the only one who is supportive of me and my husband and is the one who convinced my family to let my husband and his sister come for the dinner. I thought that my husband and family could connect through this and this would be a good opportunity to bond.

In the middle of dinner (my husband is a good talker and managed to get my family to talk a little with him despite their differences), my father finally asked me if I was going to have another baby with my husband. I told him yes and that we've been trying for a few months now. My father smirked and said something like: "Hope not. We've got enough of those here." I saw my husband stop eating and he started squinting in the "what did he just say?" way and the awkward dinner ended about 25 minutes later.

At around 8:30 p.m., my husband and I went inside our guest room and were getting ready for bed. My husband was pretty quiet, unpacking and I told him that we'd leave tomorrow evening and I booked a flight instead of staying like we planned for 3 days and said I was "very sorry for bringing you here". We hugged and for a while (I love our special hug since it's very intimate) and since we were in our room with the door locked, he lifted my skirt and was rubbing my bottom since he knew I love intimate hugs.

We heard someone approach our room but didn't mind since the door was locked and we were intimately hugging and kissing. Our door opened (the lock, as I found out, only made the door knob stiff but if you twisted it and pushed the door would open) and my father came in. I turned, my husband was against the wall and I was facing him, and my father (who drank that night a little bit too much) yelled "Get off my daughter! Rapist! Rapist son of a bitch! Corrupting my daughter." or something very similar.

He knows we're married but like I said, he's very racist and clearly he was using this moment of intimacy as an excuse to hurt my husband physically and "get him back". In a flash, my father ran, grabbed, and moved me and my husband and him started viciously fighting. My father and husband are very strong, lean men but I knew my husband would probably end up hurting my father. I started screaming and my brother ran in and now it became a 2 against my husband fight.

My family all came in the hallway and my brother started screaming about how he "went deaf" (my husband hit him extremely hard in his right ear) and was bleeding from his ear and my father was being hit against the wall while I was screaming. Mother finally got in the middle and my father fell down and was very dazed so I went to him and started hugging him and crying. I was in shock and panic and feeling very sorry for my father (even though I knew he began the entire thing but I was in panic mode and started talking without thinking) and said to my husband he was a "loving monster for hurting my daddy because you're sick in the mind." and called him an "animal" while I was hugging my father. My husband tried to help me up but I slapped him out of anger (I know it was a stupid thing to do but seeing my father in pain made me act and talk without thinking).

I was panicking and my husband got the bags and left the house while everyone was still in the guest room with my father. I ran to my husband and he walked into the BMW and I got in with him still crying and we started arguing in the car (him saying he knew he shouldn't have come and I saying things like why didn't he just leave instead of hurting my brother's ear...apparently, my brother is now permanently damaged in his right ear from the hit) and we booked a hotel for the night and he threw me a separate key for my room and left to his own room extremely angry and acting very cold.

He slammed his door and left my bag in the hallway and I started crying and cried for most of the night. The next day (Saturday) at 7:40 a.m., I woke up and saw him drinking water in the lounge and when I walked to him he saw me and said to "go now" and I went to get my bag and we flew back home a few hours later and he wouldn't answer any awkward small talk I tried to start ("How did you sleep", etc.)

When we went to our home, he unpacked still silent and clearly angry at me and the situation and around 6:00 p.m., when I was in the living room crying and watering my plants with our baby, I heard the doorbell ring and let his friends in and my husband apparently was expecting them because he was dressed and he left without saying a word to me. At around 9:10 p.m., he came back and from Saturday to today, he's been sleeping in the guest room and hasn't said anything to me. I always make him lunch out of love for work but he's been leaving it in the fridge. I always stand by the door before he leaves for work so he can kiss me and touch me goodbye but now he justs walks past me and out and I feel like a knife stabbing my heart every morning now. At night, I feel so alone and want to bond with him through loving sex like we did almost every night.

I want to talk to him about what happened and say I'm so sorry but I don't know how to start or what to say. I made a huge mistake saying what I said and hitting him and I feel like the biggest idiot on earth. Our baby daughter is acting up and won't eat because she absolutely loves my husband and she misses her afternoon walks with her daddy down the streets and the baby massages my husband gives her. Now, he just barely kisses her and touches her and leaves to his room. I don't know what to do or say and feel so broken. My husband has a relationship with cocaine and it's something we both know about but never talk about with each other and now I've noticed that he's been using more of it since we got home than before. I've seen many beautiful women at his work and places he frequents flirt with him and now I feel like he may cheat on me with them because of what I did and leave me. He is an investor in a modeling agency and frequents modeling shows and I've seen how many of those models look and move at my husband but my husband (even without him seeing me) has always kept a distance even if he's clearly being tempted.

I don't want our marriage to end over my stupid mistakes. I found out yesterday that I'm pregnant again with another baby. My mother said nobody in my family wants to talk to me, over the phone, but that she's always there for me. I've lost my family and I might lose my husband now because of my stupid mistakes.

If anyone can give me advice on how to tell my husband I'm sorry and how to fix this mess I made, I'd be very grateful. Thank you all very much.

TL;DR My father and brother ended up fighting my husband after a family dinner visit because we're an interracial couple and my father saw us touching in our room. I ended up blaming my husband out of stupidity in the moment and now my husband is distancing himself from me and isn't interacting with our baby as much and now our baby is acting up because she misses him. I found out I'm pregnant again and don't know how to fix this relationship and I'm worried he might cheat on me and now his cocaine habit is growing because of my mistake. (Please read the entire post.)

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Holy poo poo, does she actually leave the words 'cocaine habit' until the final goddamn sentence? That's some amazing lede-burying for a story about violence.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I feel bad because I read the tl;dr first and saw that it asked me to read the whole post but Im not going to because even the abridged version is at my maximum capacity for terrible people in a story.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Adam Vegas posted:

Holy poo poo, does she actually leave the words 'cocaine habit' until the final goddamn sentence? That's some amazing lede-burying for a story about violence.
Yeah I liked that too.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I hope my son grows up to be a brawny barbarian

E: hahahah holy poo poo with the cocaine. "Relationship" with cocaince, "habit". Lady, he's addicted to coke. Here's hoping he doesn't fly off the handle in a coke-addled rage and kill you and your baby!

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 24, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I might be biased because the words "stay at home mommy" make me retch and instantly hate whoever said them but I don't think defending yourself when a dude comes in and starts beating on you for making out with your wife has much to do with cocaine.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Barudak posted:

I feel bad because I read the tl;dr first and saw that it asked me to read the whole post but Im not going to because even the abridged version is at my maximum capacity for terrible people in a story.

Well know that, when her husband was violently attacked by two adult men in her family because of his race, his wife's reaction was to call him a "loving monster for hurting my daddy because you're sick in the mind."

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Look cocaine aside

quote:

I was in panic mode and started talking without thinking) and said to my husband he was a "loving monster for hurting my daddy because you're sick in the mind." and called him an "animal" while I was hugging my father. My husband tried to help me up but I slapped him out of anger (I know it was a stupid thing to do but seeing my father in pain made me act and talk without thinking).

I'd be pretty pissed too.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Well know that, when her husband was violently attacked by two adult men in her family because of his race, his wife's reaction was to call him a "loving monster for hurting my daddy because you're sick in the mind."

For real lol get hosed, entire poo poo family.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
There's lede burying, and then there's sinking the poor thing in the Mariana trenches.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Adam Vegas posted:

I mean after reading the whole thing the cocaine use seems pretty irrelevant to the story, other than the fact that he's using it more after the fight.

I'd be pretty drat upset.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Although yeah maybe if your husband is cheating and doing coke there are other problems anyway.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Look cocaine aside

I'd be pretty pissed too.

For real lol get hosed, entire poo poo family.

Yeah. The coke habit had nothing to do with the actual fight, and the fact that he's using more because he just realized his wife is as crazy and lovely as her crazy lovely family is just kind of a sad consequence and poor coping mechanism.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Oh no, I agree that the husband would have my support in that situation - gently caress that lovely racist family and gently caress his wife for not defending him.

I just also think it's funny she coincidentally leaves out the fact he has a coke habit until that throwaway sentence at the end.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

If I were the white person in that story I might just have punched my own dad, I can't imagine getting even reflexively upset over that. Her husband easily could have been killed in a 2 on 1.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thanks a lot, jerk.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Yeah something tells me if the dad and son got the upper hand in that fight, they wouldn't stop when husband was incapacitated

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Adam Vegas posted:

to be fair, "cocaine habit" is like the least terrible thing in that story. the wife is genuinely a horrid person

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Really, in this case, be glad the dude doesn't have a loving arson habit instead.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
This girl [25F] that I'm [26M] dating is awesome, but appears to have a boyfriend already. He's [29M] gay.

quote:

I've been dating this really cool girl, but there's one caveat. She has a boyfriend already. (edit: Sorry, I should have been more specific. He's not actually her boyfriend literally.)

He lives with her. He doesn't work. She pays for all his stuff. She sits on his lap at bars. She randomly gives him hugs. She goes home from work every day to watch TV on her bed with him.

Sounds like a boyfriend right?

I'm not really jealous because this dude is extremely flamboyant and actually very kind, but I do feel like it's affecting my relationship with her. She can't do anything on week nights because he gets lonely at her apartment all day. Most of the times we go out, he comes along and dominates the conversation and she's all over him.

One night, I brought her and a bunch of her friends back from a bar to drink at my apartment. After her girlfriends left, it was just us three. -_-

I think you get the point. I really like this girl, but I constantly think about what our relationship would be like if he were to just poof out of existence.

I want to get close to her.

But he's in the way.

tl;dr: I'm dating a really cool chick but she has a gay boyfriend who, for all intents and purposes, is her real boyfriend. What should I do?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

If I were the white person in that story I might just have punched my own dad, I can't imagine getting even reflexively upset over that. Her husband easily could have been killed in a 2 on 1.

Especially if he had been coked up at the time

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just gonna pretend this is viral marketing for Get Out and Im gonna flat out refuse to listen to counter evidence.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I like how he is definitely doing coke with models and only now does she suspect he might cheat.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Gaunab posted:

This girl [25F] that I'm [26M] dating is awesome, but appears to have a boyfriend already. He's [29M] gay.

Bang the !boyfriend.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

Say this

quote:

One night, I brought her and a bunch of her friends back from a bar to drink at my apartment. After her girlfriends left, it was just us three. -_-

I think you get the point. I really like this girl, I want to get close to her. But he's in the way.

Her response will tell you what happens next.

Although he does live there thus has a right to be in the living room ofc... homie should have asked the girl if she wanted to retire to her room ya know?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
The saddest part is now he's neglecting his young daughter. Poor kid.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Especially if he had been coked up at the time

brutal hatecrimes are still bad even if the victim does coke sometimes hth

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I [23 f] tried to do something nice for my boyfriend [25 m] 1 yr. in a video game. I failed to do it and feel completely miserable. I don't know why I feel like this and really need help processing my emotions.

quote:

The game is World of Warcraft. I've been playing it since I was a kid, and I got my boyfriend into it a while ago. I'm going to give a little background information that to non players will sound like gibberish, it's not really important but I need to get my thoughts out.

I am 100% aware this post is going to make me sound like a loser, I promise I have a healthy social life.

Basically my bf has been wanting a mage for a while. He's been playing warrior and they aren't to his liking this patch, so he wants a mage. He has already dropped 60 dollars on boosting the warrior so he doesn't have to level, and he was planning on doing it again with the mage. I told him that was silly and I'll make a mage for him because I enjoy leveling.

Now i DO enjoy leveling, BUT it is quite tedious and gets tiring after a few hours. It's something I like to do a few times a week, over a span of months. So I made him a mage and started leveling for him. He then tells me that he's going to his friends house on Friday and needs to mage to be max level by then, so he's just going to boost it. I told him not to waste his money (he's been complaining about being short on funds and this is a STUPID thing to waste money on. ) and that I would try really hard to finish by Friday. This was last weekend.

We were hanging out all weekend so I didn't really get to play at all. I played a little bit monday (i always have mondays off) but when he got out of work we hung out again. I then worked for 11 hours on Tuesday, went straight to my computer and started grinding. (for non players, 110 is the max and you start at level 1.) I played for about 5 hours before i crashed tuesday night.

Wednesday I was supposed to hang out with him but his brakes are bad and I didn't want him driving up here. (we live about 45 minutes apart.) I was exhausted and didn't want to make the drive either, so he promised me we could just skype and play some games. His roommate had the flu so he ended up going to his friends house for the night so he wouldn't get sick and just played poo poo with him all night. Same thing yesterday, didn't talk to him all day except for good morning good night and a few casual texts. Meanwhile I stayed up both nights until about 2am getting this done, after working full days. I didn't have to be to work today until 4 so I woke up early to do the last push, but I fell short a few levels. For players, I have 1 more zone in the broken isles until 110.

So here I am getting ready for work and feeling like I'm going to break down and cry. I told him i'm sorry i couldn't do it and stuff, he was really nice about it and said he's thankful for all I did, but why do I feel SO awful? I know i obviously wasted my whole week playing a video game and it ended up being for no reason so that sucks, but that used to be the normal for me, so it's not really a huge deal that I wasted my free time, I mean I play video games for hours on end for fun. I swear you guys i have friends and do other things too. I actually didn't go out after work 2 nights this week so I could level for him.

so anyway, why the gently caress do i feel so miserable? I feel like crying over the dumbest thing in the world, i really need some help.

tl;dr: I spent every free minute I had this week doing something tedious for my boyfriend (leveling from 1-110 in a game.) He is going out tonight and really wanted this "thing" by then. He didn't ask me to do it, i offered. I came up short and feel miserable. I don't know why i feel so awful and I want to feel better. He was really nice about it not being finished, but I still feel like poo poo.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Good for her jumping in with her family when they decided to spontaneously assault her husband, gotta let that dirty hispanic animal know his place after all.

Like seriously she is racist as gently caress, why did she get involved in this relationship in the first placee

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grem posted:

The saddest part is now he's neglecting his young daughter. Poor kid.

And unborn one. Fuuuuck this story

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Not sure if this was posted already because it's old, but:

My [22 F] Family and Husband [23M] Fought and Our Marriage Might End Soon Because of Me!

quote:

I was panicking and my husband got the bags and left the house while everyone was still in the guest room with my father. I ran to my husband and he walked into the BMW and I got in with him still crying and we started arguing in the car (him saying he knew he shouldn't have come and I saying things like why didn't he just leave instead of hurting my brother's ear...apparently, my brother is now permanently damaged in his right ear from the hit) and we booked a hotel for the night and he threw me a separate key for my room and left to his own room extremely angry and acting very cold.

gently caress you lady

you deserve to be divorced

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I hope that dude dates one of those models but doesn't introduce her too quickly to his daughter who he has custody of.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
oh god how did i miss this one:

quote:

I was in shock and panic and feeling very sorry for my father (even though I knew he began the entire thing but I was in panic mode and started talking without thinking) and said to my husband he was a "loving monster for hurting my daddy because you're sick in the mind." and called him an "animal" while I was hugging my father. My husband tried to help me up but I slapped him out of anger (I know it was a stupid thing to do but seeing my father in pain made me act and talk without thinking).

SHE LITERALLY WITNESSED HER FATHER ASSAULT HER HUSBAND FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN HIM TOUCHING HER ROMANTICALLY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, AND THIS IS WHAT SHE loving SAID TO HIM

:murder:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
It would be good if he took the kid(s?) But he'll probably just leave and she'll be left raising children in a family who openly despises them. Including their mom

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mirthless posted:

oh god how did i miss this one:

SHE LITERALLY WITNESSED HER FATHER ASSAULT HER HUSBAND FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN HIM TOUCHING HER ROMANTICALLY BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, AND THIS IS WHAT SHE loving SAID TO HIM

:murder:

you don't understand *sigh*

he's an animal a filthy filthy degenerate ear hurting animal how dare he defend himself instead of cowering into a ball? That's her dad!

In all seriousness I'm glad the comments on that story are calling that lady out.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I [23 f] tried to do something nice for my boyfriend [25 m] 1 yr. in a video game. I failed to do it and feel completely miserable. I don't know why I feel like this and really need help processing my emotions.

Account sharing is against the TOS and she should feel bad for being a dirty rule-breaker. Also how was her time wasted if she got him 1 zone from max level? He can pound that out in like 2-3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, the coke is irrelevant. She's horrible. Poor children. :(