Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I hope Farage keeps traveling between the US and UK and keeps boarding planes to do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

It's strange every utterance of 'globalist' at CPAC can be construed as antisemitism

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nonsense posted:

It's strange every utterance of 'globalist' at CPAC can be construed as antisemitism

When leftists rant about globalism though it's totally kosher

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Hillary just spent 3 minutes about how much people support her and how diverse the democrats are.

Jesus loving Christ she's gonna run again

Maybe not, there's still hope...

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

She's not running again, she's not that delusional

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

zegermans posted:

Unironically this

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

got any sevens posted:

This is why we didnt want to be leaders in occupy, makes you a prime target for the pigs. Course, then the media stopped mentioning us after the first week so I knew the pigs were going to attack and I got out of there.

my favorite part of occupy is the occupy sites that didn't get busted by the cops

the one closest to where i was living at the time was left alone for a year and a half or so, and in the end since the cops never gave them an excuse to pack up and leave, they just declared "victory" and went home

the real reason occupy didn't want leaders is because they didn't really want to accomplish anything. they wanted to march around saying "we're mad" over and over until someone else accomplished things for them. if they had leaders then they would have had to do unpleasant things like communicate and coordinate between various occupy encampments, agree clearly on what they actually stood for and have a somewhat unified message, and bring everyone's egos under control so the movement wouldn't immediately splinter

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HorseRenoir posted:

occupy was a physical protest and not a political movement, which was my entire point

unless there were a bunch of cops preventing occupiers from attending party meetings or organizing for downballot elections that I don't know about

It was a political movement.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Main Paineframe posted:

my favorite part of occupy is the occupy sites that didn't get busted by the cops

the one closest to where i was living at the time was left alone for a year and a half or so, and in the end since the cops never gave them an excuse to pack up and leave, they just declared "victory" and went home

the real reason occupy didn't want leaders is because they didn't really want to accomplish anything. they wanted to march around saying "we're mad" over and over until someone else accomplished things for them. if they had leaders then they would have had to do unpleasant things like communicate and coordinate between various occupy encampments, agree clearly on what they actually stood for and have a somewhat unified message, and bring everyone's egos under control so the movement wouldn't immediately splinter

:wrong:

They were protesting massive inequality, among other things.

Sorry you hate truth and correctness

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

zegermans posted:

Because leftists don't rant about "globalists" and "rootless cosmopolitans" and "Rothschilds" and "Soros" (conspiracy-oriented anti-semitic thinking)

Leftists rant about exploitation, superprofits, and unjust economic systems

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

:wrong:

They were protesting massive inequality, among other things.

Sorry you hate truth and correctness

"among other things" is one hell of a hedge

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

It was a political movement.

successful political movements involve a lot more than physical protesting

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

successful political movements involve a lot more than physical protesting

"but guys, we waved around signs and everything! I'm sure now the wealthy will spontaneously abandon their wealth and the elites will stop acting as their faithful servants. let's go home and get some pizza"

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

zegermans posted:

considering that multinational corporations have an unimpeachable stranglehold on global economy and politics

yeah.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hillary lost, perez is going to be the chair, and now hillary is going to make a third try at it.

can we just make making any sort of prediction subject to a sixer? because only the bad people itt have been making predictions and they've been oh-for-everything.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/835204372430798850

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

and we're right back to using hillary's playbook, what with the concern trolling about those dangerous bernieboys again

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
those bernieboys, always trying to break into scrooge mcabuela's vault and steal her lucky pantsuit

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i refuse to cater to the big bernie lobbying arm of the party apparatus

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

what if bernie was like hella buff. like big rear end arms and chest and he lifted a lot. that would be cool

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It was an explicitly political movement, but it was one that never figured out how to convert grassroots anger to any kind of lasting effect, so it always seemed a little fuzzy what they were fighting for beyond the really obvious.

They didn't have a coherent set of issues for the same reason that they ultimately failed. They never developed a solid set of local leaders/organizers who could both coordinate and speak for local encampments but also work with or develop a larger national network, so with a lack of organization, it just sputtered out as the rage subsided.

I think that we'll look back on it with the benefit of historic perspective as a precursor to Bernie's unexpected popularity in 2016, but there's not gonna be a straight line to draw there.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Karl Barks posted:

what if bernie was like hella buff. like big rear end arms and chest and he lifted a lot. that would be cool

bernie, but made of weed

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
"thats a grassroots candidate i can believe in"

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

found some pics to show what i'm talkin about

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
FBI dragnet surrounding the Atlanta metro area, looking for suspicious looking individuals smuggling illicit folding chairs

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

mormonpartyboat posted:

bernie, but made of weed

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bernie, but President of the United States

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

The Nastier Nate posted:

Maybe not, there's still hope...

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

She's not running again, she's not that delusional

Never underestimate Parkinsons

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
bernie is extremely circumcised

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

hillary lost, perez is going to be the chair, and now hillary is going to make a third try at it.

can we just make making any sort of prediction subject to a sixer?

hey guyz here's my prediction

for shits sake can we make predictions probatable

wait nooooooo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
You really stepped in it this time Former Everything

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

Former Everything posted:

hey guyz here's my prediction

for shits sake can we make predictions probatable

wait nooooooo

All toxxes get enforced now

Like right now

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

good

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/national-party-news/321040-i-will-leave-the-democrats-if-keith-ellison-is-elected

oh no we need to stop Ellison so that ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ doesn't leave the party Dems are nothing without ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/national-party-news/321040-i-will-leave-the-democrats-if-keith-ellison-is-elected

oh no we need to stop Ellison so that ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ doesn't leave the party Dems are nothing without ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ

tbh im probably gonna leave the party and join the dsa if ellison or buttigieg arent elected

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

bernie, but made of weed

Like, straight weed? Or...

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

anime was right posted:

tbh im probably gonna leave the party and join the dsa if ellison or buttigieg arent elected

u should do that anyways

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Thoguh posted:

Like, straight weed? Or...

extremely, extremely gay weed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Karl Barks posted:

u should do that anyways

well i'll still be part of the party if they're elected since it is a show of good faith.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

someone post that video of dershowitz getting owned by finkelstein

also, lol, the first several google results on dershowitz are a fox news story about dersh saying obama stabbed israel in the back, dersh threatening to leave the dem party, dersh saying obama will go down in history as one of the worst presidents ever, and an article about dersh defending his relationship with epstein

holy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lol wtf
https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/835233862989012992

• Locked thread