Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

hilary said she'll be with us every step of the way

just like we were with her :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Condiv posted:

road to the white house doesn't go through wisconsin michigan or pennsylvania, but it seems to do a whole bunch of loops and layovers in nyc and la for some reason?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I'm with Jehmu

but ironically

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
drive like jehmu

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBhUsKK-228

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

hey, here's a thing they can do: win elections instead of pulling a dread abuela and expecting the votes to be handed to them
Yes...I don't see how that invalidates anything I said.

Fiction posted:

MA, even though we don't control the governorship we hae a supermajority
MA is one of the top spenders per-student in the country and spends like 40% above the average. You'd have to have one heck of a bill for the MA legislature to agree on to use that supermajority.

http://www.governing.com/topics/education/gov-education-funding-states.html

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Yea, word. Sorry you're having such a hard time accepting reality.
I don't think you understand my position.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

oh yeah it's good they're sending field staff, but they should've done that 20 years ago

assuming that guy even makes it to the general at best he's looking at a 55-45 defeat

Then if he loses 53-47, we can say we didn't lose for lack of trying.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Anyone have the image of principal Skinner saying that the Russians are to blame, not the Dem's abandoning the working class?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yinlock posted:

while it's true the dems are spineless the GOP also tends to come down hard on them when they aren't

it's not great for anyone involved
The heart of it is that Democrats have been, and continue to be, bad at convincing people that what they want to do is better for people on a personal level.

The whole ACA vs Obamacare thing is a great example, the Democrats couldn't get people to turn against it until they got people to think about how repeal would affect them personally and I'd argue that the Democrats didn't so much make that happen as it just sorta occurred organically once repeal became a realistic option.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grey Fox posted:

Yes...I don't see how that invalidates anything I said.

I'm sorry, I've interpreted your message of "it's all the gop's doing" as "the Dems are utterly blameless for all of that even though the abdication of responsibilities to their constituents meant losing the positions that would have made them able to get policy of actual substance through."

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

Kill me now.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
why cant we have both?
CHEERS

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
why should i, an undecided independent, cast my vote for the democrat party?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

drive like jehmu

Literally A Dabus
Feb 24, 2017

U🚫🔩↔👸:spain:➖S

tadashi posted:

They assumed that young people and their technology could win an election for them the way boomers always assume there is just a button you can tell them to push to do their job for them. It's really loving annoying.

The privacy really did creature a contentious environment, though. Part of the problem was that the youth who wetter engaged were either bitter about Bernie or under the Olson voting for Johnson would do a FASB thing.

It boiled down to the only message with rationale being "hey Trump sticks" and it should've between enough on it's own but here we are.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SWYPE CURES POSTS posted:

The privacy really did creature a contentious environment, though. Part of the problem was that the youth who wetter engaged were either bitter about Bernie or under the Olson voting for Johnson would do a FASB thing.

It boiled down to the only message with rationale being "hey Trump sticks" and it should've between enough on it's own but here we are.

Wut

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

oh yeah it's good they're sending field staff, but they should've done that 20 years ago

assuming that guy even makes it to the general at best he's looking at a 55-45 defeat

Dems had field staff there last cycle, and in 2014. Anyway, I don't really see how he misses the general with 10 Republicans running. It's not really that GOP of a district. It's tough but there have been significant shifts that make it a lot more competitive.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Bootigieg.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

Bootigieg.

:wrong:

Jehmu

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Business Gorillas posted:

There also hasn't been the systematic infiltration and destruction of leftist groups by law enforcement for the past 80 years or anything

You ever notice how almost all of the big leftists in our history end up with bullets in them?

This is why we didnt want to be leaders in occupy, makes you a prime target for the pigs. Course, then the media stopped mentioning us after the first week so I knew the pigs were going to attack and I got out of there.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

MA is one of the top spenders per-student in the country and spends like 40% above the average. You'd have to have one heck of a bill for the MA legislature to agree on to use that supermajority.

could be better tbh

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

mormonpartyboat posted:

why should i, an undecided independent, cast my vote for the democrat party?

never vote for democrats

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Is anyone in this thread going to the CA Dems convention in May? Or has been to one before?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

got any sevens posted:

This is why we didnt want to be leaders in occupy, makes you a prime target for the pigs. Course, then the media stopped mentioning us after the first week so I knew the pigs were going to attack and I got out of there.
well people are learning that pigs should be torched now so conditions are a lot more favorable!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

:chloe: mods? MODS???

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

This New Republic piece on the DNC election thing is a real banger

https://newrepublic.com/article/140847/case-tom-perez-makes-no-sense

this was a good article

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

tadashi posted:

They need to blow up the leadership.

Fixed this for you

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the demonrats

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/835198816395526144

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
All is forgiven Hillary... please come back and run again... America needs you...

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Let resistance plus persistence in this instan-*throws up and passes out*

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
does hillary clinton still get secret service protection in prison?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i just threw up a little, from hearing hillary's voice

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I'm sorry, I've interpreted your message of "it's all the gop's doing" as "the Dems are utterly blameless for all of that even though the abdication of responsibilities to their constituents meant losing the positions that would have made them able to get policy of actual substance through."
GOP is actively slashing education across the board, Dems can't put up a reasonable fight or develop a message that's attractive. There's a difference between being shortsighted and bad at politics, even if the result is the same.

Dem reboot is essential because they're just a spineless version of the GOP in most instances these days.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

deadgoon posted:

i just threw up a little, from hearing hillary's voice

You might have an issue

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

All is forgiven Hillary... please come back and run again... America needs you...

You are very funny, can I follow you on Twitter

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

You might have an issue

i've got a fever, and the only prescription, i can't afford health insurance

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Grey Fox posted:

GOP is actively slashing education across the board, Dems can't put up a reasonable fight or develop a message that's attractive. There's a difference between being shortsighted and bad at politics, even if the result is the same.

Dem reboot is essential because they're just a spineless version of the GOP in most instances these days.

uh, dems are assaulting ed too, with charter schools

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Go away, Hillary, your arrogance cost us the 2016 election and sentenced us to 1000 years of yooge, bigly darkness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Well that was a whole lot of nothing.

• Locked thread